The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

GM Race Leaders
Hai thar. So, you ever notice how we have a few races that just ALWAYS have awesome stuff going, and every now and then, some of the others get to jump in? For instance, we have the Sin'sholai, yah? They do new, neat stuff pretty often, yah? (*Points at the Fel-elves, Hands of Rommath, and the silly eyeballs in Silvermoon*) Well, on the other hand, we have people like... The Night Elves. When does -anything- happen for Night Elves? I don't think I've -ever- RPed in Darnassus, for instance.

So, the point is, as far as I can tell, we tend to have this occurrence of one or two races getting to bunches of awesome stuff, then several who get nothin'. What I purpose is that, now that we've got a bunch more Content GMs, we consider "giving" each their own Race to promote new and exciting events for. Also, they could still work together and plan things, like since the Alliance are primarily united in their choices (at least Hummies, Dwarfsies, and Om-Gnoms are), the GM "controlling" whichever race could have the leader of those people respond in a way that players of said race could have something to do.

Now, granted, this isn't a perfect system. It would be a lot of work for whichever GMs take the drivers seat of a race, along with other things, but I believe that doing this has quite a bit of potential to bolster RP on some of our favorite but generally unloved races... Like Trolls (Who only ever do whatever Thrall says. Bishes.)!

If you think about it, things have already started. Piken had boosted the RP for the Mighty Morphin' Mind Midgets big time, and Nostra's been pushing the Rotters for as long as I can recall.

Well, that's the idea. Comments and suggestions are open, give feedback as you will. Yah, I realize this could use some refining, so let's get to it! :D
Interesting idea, should be fun :)
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
Nooooooooooo I will not let Cairne Bloodhoof be controlled like some kind of... Puppet! Phah! Blasphemy!

<_< But yeah, do whatever you want with all the other leaders. They stink, especially Garrosh and Varian. Babies.

I suppose this idea COULD work, but I don't really understand. Are these people going to be by extension under control of all possible story arcs for this race or act like conduits, responding to new events and even some players who manage to talk to them?

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Quote:I suppose this idea COULD work, but I don't really understand. Are these people going to be by extension under control of all possible story arcs for this race or act like conduits, responding to new events and even some players who manage to talk to them?

I would suspect both, really. The first was my general idea, and the second happens already. By that I mean, if players do seek to converse with a faction leader/someone in power, it already requires a GM to take the reins of said leader, and choose what happens, no? So I don't see why that would change. Only if the GMs run with this idea, then whoever's assigned to whatever faction (for instances, Piken running the Gnomes) would handle a situation exclusively if it was brought to the High Tinkerer.

This isn't absolute in the grand scheme of things, just what I see as possible.

And just a heads up, if it's at all confusing... Sorry, haven't slept much lately, so everything's a tad... Jumbled. Bear with me.
Ronin Wrote:The Night Elves. When does -anything- happen for Night Elves?

WHY, I AM OFFENDED BY THIS! OFFENDED, I SAY! >:C

*cough*

I mean. Sounds like a pretty good idea. :D

AND STILL YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE EFFORT I PUT IN IN WHINING ABOUT NIGHT ELF RP IN THE CHAT CHANNELS.

...they need that.
Not a bad idea, some races do need a bit of zest added to them. :P
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
Maulbane Wrote:Nooooooooooo I will not let Cairne Bloodhoof be controlled like some kind of... Puppet! Phah! Blasphemy!

<_< But yeah, do whatever you want with all the other leaders. They stink, especially Garrosh and Varian. Babies.

I suppose this idea COULD work, but I don't really understand. Are these people going to be by extension under control of all possible story arcs for this race or act like conduits, responding to new events and even some players who manage to talk to them?

Actually, Cairne has already been rolled.

We're a step ahead of you guys, since we've already done this months ago. Doesn't anyone remember freaking out when they saw the names "Thrall" and stuff in chat?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think that what he means is that each content GM could be given a specific race to come up with events for, say Piken and Secrettom on Gnomes, Kaghuros on Orcs and etc. If someone comes up with a brilliant event all of us could help out on it, but each GM would be focused on comming up with events for their race/faction or crossfaction stuff perhaps. It would probably make it more likely that those races that tend to be left on the side, Nelves, Tauren and Draenei mostly, would get some events more specifically makde for them.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:I think that what he means is that each content GM could be given a specific race to come up with events for, say Piken and Secrettom on Gnomes, Kaghuros on Orcs and etc. If someone comes up with a brilliant event all of us could help out on it, but each GM would be focused on comming up with events for their race/faction or crossfaction stuff perhaps. It would probably make it more likely that those races that tend to be left on the side, Nelves, Tauren and Draenei mostly, would get some events more specifically makde for them.

Tauren, speaking from experience, are hard to get people to roll and get into. Otherwise, I would personally do a lot more with 'em.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I do a lot of events for humans but I've been wanting to expand to the Horde.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
I think we don't have enough players for all races to be doing something at the same time. It's a wiser idea to do a rotation of events one after the other, granted this does end up leading RP more than simply letting the players propell their own stories, but it's a balance of pros/cons.
[Image: Signature.png]
We're not giving events to every race, simply because we don't need to. Players are coming up with events all the time, and we just recently had a player-ran one for Nelves.

In short, the main focus of the GM team will go where it is most needed at any point in time. As right now Horde/Sin'sholai RP is still infrequent, that means that's where our focus will be. Nelves don't need events, they can get RP well enough as it is.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Maulbane Wrote:Nooooooooooo I will not let Cairne Bloodhoof be controlled like some kind of... Puppet! Phah! Blasphemy!

suppose you wont like the new expansion then. Its confirmed in lore that garrosh becomes the new warchief and executes Cairne bloodhoof for treason.

suppose you wont like the new expansion then. Its confirmed in lore that garrosh becomes the new warchief and executes Cairne bloodhoof for treason.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Race Specific Weapons saluku 12 1,406 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Harmonic