The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

GMs.
I have a suggestion to the GMs. Learn some respect which you so kindly make others give you. If someone does not wish to reread FAQs, then they shouldnt have too. Also, if someone asks you something, which you cannot do for a reason, respond "No, sorry, -insertnamehere-." Don't go on a crusade to get them to do something. Also, kicking and banning people isnt going to help your private server attract good RPers, or keep them, for that matter.
You could have worded this a bit more politely, as we're all willing to talk about suggestions here- this just seems like you got pissed off in game and you are venting. Don't vent, explain. Show screenshots. I saw when you were kicked, it was kinda uncalled for- but you came back on with a butthurt attitude and that was uncalled for.

I'm not minimodding, I'm simply explaining it to you from a neutral point of view.

I do agree that the GMs can use a little bit more "finesse" here, but everyone has their off days.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

Uncalled for? All I asked was a simple question. I followed all the rules that were in the chat FAQ. They were kicking me and banning me for an unlegitimate reason. Currently, I could care less what they consider polite. All the GMs have ever done for me on CoTH is push me around.
It just doesn't work that way.

You are in Kretol's house, and while in Kretol's house, you play by Kretol's rules. If you don't like them, you can leave, it's as simple as that. This is a service we provide for free, but is not free to maintain.

Finesse? We don't need finesse in many cases. We are not paid professionals. We are a group of friends who have a common interest. We always reserve the right to get rid of anyone we feel doesn't belong.

Who said we WANTED the server to grow much more anyway? We like the small numbers. We want the good RPers.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Actually, I believe the respect you were failing to give was the reason you were given a boot as a warning.

As for the 1-hr suspension, I gave that due to the way you handled things afterwards. It's extremely difficult to get me to ban or even suspend anyone... but tonight I was a bit weary, and the attitude you were displaying isn't the type we want, to be frank.

As for desiring our "little private server" to grow - I really don't want it to grow at any exponential rate. The current rate is fine, and if people are going to be obnoxious, rude, disrespectful, whathaveyou, we can afford to get rid of them. Funnily enough, we have a slew of good RPers that like the rules we have in place (which prevent the server from becoming more like live, mind you).
Funnily enough, that might have been the first good piece of advice anyone here has said.... Btw, how was I rude? I did not force anyone to do anything etc. Please explain.
You might not want your server to grow, either, but sooner or later, something will happen. Where there is authority of any sort, theres rebellion of some sort. Your RPers might not like your rules, necessarily, but might like your server.
Disrespectful. All you had to do when you came back on was either hold back any retort, or just acknowledge the instruction to read the Wiki, which had the information you were seeking IIRC (I wasn't paying much attention before the initial boot after my reply to your question about... uh... I think the pet vendor being at Drudaen Farm).

Claiming that you didn't want to reread it in your post here is a bit contradictory to what you stated in the chat channel, and if you had simply done a search for Drudaen Farm on the Wiki, you would have found the answer. The Wiki really does have almost everything people can think of asking, which is why we refer people to it so much. I think people simply believe that if they don't see their answer within the first click or so from the main page, then it's not there... most people, anyhow.

Another ideal response would have been "Sorry for the misunderstanding..." and then go from there.

Edit: Also, double-posting isn't necessary! Edit your original post if no-one has responded yet! Heh.
I wasnt looking for the pet vendor or anything related to the "farm", that wasnt me. Wow.
I asked POLITELY if you would make me into a succubus. Yes, I read about it on wiki, and it requires a GM to do. I dont search through forums for things. All you had to do was say no, but you told me to go reread the chat FAQ, which btw, I was following.
Quote:IIRC (I wasn't paying much attention before the initial boot after my reply to your question about... uh... I think the pet vendor being at Drudaen Farm).
Did you just skim over this part?
See, your reply right there. That's exactly what I was referring to with being disrespectful.

Edit: And stop double-posting. If you have additional thoughts with no replies to your post yet, edit your original post please.
Edit2: And I didn't refer you to the chat FAQ - I simply didn't continue the conversation further after my initial replies.
I didn't even boot her for asking a question. It was because she kept going on in chat about how she's surprised we didn't yell at people for talking in there in general. Someone asked her to chill out, then read the wiki, and she came back with "I'm fine, no thanks." So, I asked her to again, and she retorted much in the same way, so I tossed her a warning boot.

Again, it's the attitude.

Edit: Sorry, the thanks part was a little bit after the boot message.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I do agree about not liking the rules but liking the server, but they have to deal with that. If we like the server, we follow the rules. If we have a problem with the rules, we politely and maturely inform the powers that be and explain ourselves. Then things get done. "Rebellions" don't start on these servers, the offenders are just banned and the rest of the people shrug and keep going.

I saw the way you were acting in game and, really, it was not the kinda conduct I'd like on my server. And coming on here to vent is not a good follow-up.
Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh
Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!
"A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic."
"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."
-Иосиф Сталин (Joseph Stalin)

So you didnt know what you booted me for. No, I didnt skim over that. If you arnt paying attention, then why did you involve yourself? Rensin, I was joking. Kag is my friend, and I was playfully seeing if you were paying attention. And I meant what I said, when I said "I will read what I wish, no thank you" I'm not venting. I'm making a suggestion.
Also, I never "Went on" about anything. It was, what, 2 comments? "Going on" fits under 10+ comments a certain thing, dont you think?