The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

GOT LOCKED UP IN THE COUNTEH JAIL
Alrighty, here's a little bit of info for you guys.

Lately, when people have been ICly arrested in places, and have been put in the vault, they've been getting out by various means. Now, that hardly keeps in character when you've been arrested, so to us it's quite bothersome when people go around this.

Now, we've always said that "In character actions make in character consequences", however, we can't quite do that when people aren't sticking to it. Sadly, we're going to start locking characters for however long their sentance is if they use OOC means to break out.

So, that means that if you get locked up, you can RP in the jail with whoever, for as long as you want, but if you break out using components on the website, hearthstones, or whatever method you can find that's considered OOC, your character will be locked for the duration of your sentance.

Sorry we've had to go to that now, but it won't happen if you don't get around this stuff.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

What can people be jailed for and how long and is there anyone who have been jailed and where is theese places people are getting jailed??
That depends on the circumstance, in regards to duration. As for people being in jail at the moment, I don't know. I -do- know people are supposed to be in jail.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Something like this should have been implemented for those characters stuck in Silvermoon that end up RPing in areas other than inside the city they're apparently sealed in.

"The potential of these lands has yet to be seized." -Taelyn Sunwing
teege Wrote:Something like this should have been implemented for those characters stuck in Silvermoon that end up RPing in areas other than inside the city they're apparently sealed in.
I completely agree with this. I saw people in Silvermoon one minute and Ratchet the next while the city is supposed to be completely locked from all means of entrance/exit.
I think that is really reasonable..I mean really people aren't braking out of jail on a regular basis in real prison so this is completely fair in my eyes.
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Alliance - Play Free Online Games
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
Its okay to leave OOC-ly though, right?
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell
I'd love to see a full list of what gets a person jailed and for how long in a city by city format. We know the Ratchet Bruisers never really jail, they exile or kill, what about everywhere else? Is there something like that hidden on a back page somewhere or is it expected that every new person goes through the forums seeking out little tidbits of information in order to find out what will get their character jailed?

Ignorance is an excuse when the information isn't easily found.

As to leaving OOC, mail lasts for 30 days, aside from possibly having to keep that from being returned I don't see a reason to have to leave an IC predicament your character got itself into. To talk to people OOC we all have access to whispers, party chat and global channels which gives plenty of freedom to arrange to have someone visit IC. Leveling and all other OOC activities should be suspended while your character is jailed, that is part of the consequences of your action.

It just makes sense that once jailed your character is stuck, either play another one or sit there and talk OOC.
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Khalista Wrote:I'd love to see a full list of what gets a person jailed and for how long in a city by city format. We know the Ratchet Bruisers never really jail, they exile or kill, what about everywhere else? Is there something like that hidden on a back page somewhere or is it expected that every new person goes through the forums seeking out little tidbits of information in order to find out what will get their character jailed?
I agree with this

Quote:As to leaving OOC, mail lasts for 30 days, aside from possibly having to keep that from being returned I don't see a reason to have to leave an IC predicament your character got itself into. To talk to people OOC we all have access to whispers, party chat and global channels which gives plenty of freedom to arrange to have someone visit IC.
It just makes sense that once jailed your character is stuck, either play another one or sit there and talk OOC.
The thing is that my character is imprisoned in an OOC place(Shatterspear Village to be precise), so I was hoping to go hang around with people in Warsong Gulch.

Quote:Leveling and all other OOC activities should be suspended while your character is jailed, that is part of the consequences of your action.
Why should players be reprimanded OOC-ly for IC actions? Having an evil personality and taking part in crimes is just another element of roleplay
Bertrand Russell
RP happens when two people encounter each other. If you're out and about while your character is locked up you become a walking breach in the RP continuum.

It isn't so much being punished OOC-ly, you can OOC-ly go to another character who isn't locked up and entertain yourself just as easily. What I'm saying is that I don't see the need to have your model standing next to someone else's model when your model is supposed to be behind bars. Levels don't matter here so going out leveling seems like a fairly weak excuse.. Auctioning things has a 30 day limit the same for mail so there shouldn't be anything there to concern yourself with. If anything I'd ask for an OOC "phone call" to a mailbox before your character gets locked up to handle that.

Everything else you can easily do on another toon or through the various communication methods, right?

Yes being villainous is part of the RP element, we know when we do it that we are sacrificing ourselves to the consequences to give others something to be heroic about while at the same time indulging in misbehavior. Consequences don't always stop IC regardless of how much we'd like them to. I've been banned (and unbanned soon after) in previous RP locations for being too diabolical IC to the point where GMs on their player alts were pushed beyond rational thinking and reacted with a purely human response (Rage). Such is the life of a evil genius, sometimes things go great, sometimes we end up with a tin cup rattling against the bars both IC and OOC, lost and forgotten, awaiting a trial that may never come.

A bit of inconvenience is the least of our worries. At least you don't have someone sitting in front of your cell door tormenting you endlessly with pointless questions and off-tune singing.. yet. Want a visit from one of my less than stable characters? ^^
"In your world, power is determined by who has the biggest bombs. In my world, power is determined by yahtzee skills and who has the cutest kitty quote. Which is really the sane one?"
Of course, I am not saying that jailed guys go around in rp-locations with a dnd flag. I was talking about going to OOC locations such as Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin- to give examples.

/offtopic
Quote:GMs on their player alts were pushed beyond rational thinking and reacted with a purely human response (Rage)
Awesome :mrgreen:
Bertrand Russell
But.. If your sentance is over, are you allowed to use something like Unstuck to get free, or do you have to wait for a GM to tp you out? And you also would need your hearthstone back I suppose..
Hai, Billy Mays here with the best product I have ever introduced. IMA FIRING MA OVER 9000 LAZORS! PEW PEW PEW
Just tell a GM and then can get you out quick. Also, you can just get a hearthstone from talking to an innkeeper and binding yourself somewhere.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)