The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Game Research: I'm So Buff
Ahoy! This thread is part two of my research into developing a MMORPG. You can still reply to my original thread, which was centered around things you'd like to see that would break the mold of more traditional games.

Today's topic: What are your favorite buffs?

I'm referring to offensive and defensive, active and passive, and everything in-between. I'm also curious as to whether people like triggered buffs (for example, gain attack speed upon getting a critical strike) or "always on" buffs.

Have at it!
IMO one of the most annoying things is playing a game by chance. I prefer static buffs. Temporary ones are interesting. Ones with designed synergy or E-Z- Mode synergy (you next attack does +20% damage).

On a slight tangent, I much prefer cooldowns versus resource management. Buffs that reduce cooldown or allow for a second 'charge' to be stored for future burst-damage needs could make things exciting.

Furthermore, I don't like downtime. In-between fights should be used for anything but sitting around while regen ticks away. Passive buffs that help with this tend to be my favorite.
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I hate that healers are viewed as a 'oh let's make them fun class'. They're fun as they are. I enjoy supporting my teammates.

I prefer playing buffers/debuffers, but few games support that. Preventing damage rather than bandaiding damage.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
For the love of god, movement speed bonuses.
(06-09-2015, 01:41 PM)Spiralin Wrote: For the love of god, movement speed bonuses.
SoW plz!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WoW Game Engine - Best Features Bodolfo 0 67,881 09-12-2015, 02:59 AM
Last Post: Bodolfo
  Game Research: Fighting The System Jonoth 8 82,450 09-12-2015, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Bodolfo
  Roxas' bomb-ass game giveaway. Roxas65 67 10,856 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Roxas65
  DEFCON: War Game Bingles 2 3,882 03-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Diablo III: Game and Class Discussion Piroska 30 10,104 06-10-2012, 02:36 AM