The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

General Help for Making your Characters
Guide to Guides on Making Characters

Preface
We have so many wonderful guides on the forums that could help with many questions when making a new character profile. I've made this small guide in order to try and better organize these all into one document for easy finding and surfing when you make a character. I do not claim to have written any of these guides, but I really do hope that this compilation of guides helps answer concerns when making your characters.

Contents
Spoiler:
  • [1.0] - Races
    • [1.1] - Alliance Races
      • [1.1.1] - Humans
      • [1.1.2] - Dwarves
      • [1.1.3] - Gnomes
      • [1.1.4] - Night Elves
      • [1.1.5] - Draenei
      • [1.1.6] - Worgen
    • [1.2] - Horde Races
      • [1.2.1] - Orcs
      • [1.2.2] - Trolls
      • [1.2.3] - Tauren
      • [1.2.4] - Forsaken
      • [1.2.5] - Blood Elves
      • [1.2.6] - Goblins
  • [2.0] - Classes
    • [2.1] - Warrior
    • [2.2] - Paladin
    • [2.3] - Hunter
    • [2.4] - Rogue
    • [2.5] - Priest
    • [2.6] - Druid
    • [2.7] - Warlock
    • [2.8] - Mage
    • [2.9] - Shaman
    • [2.10] - Death Knight
  • [3.0] - Miscellaneous Guides

[1.0] - Races [2.0] - Classes [3.0] - Miscellaneous Guides
Closing
All guides without a stated author are written by other contributors on wowpedia.org.

As I'd like to keep this up for the players who need help creating profiles, please do help and make suggestions in this thread as to what should be added. I really do hope this helps.~
Question!

With the Scourge's dissolution, are the Forsaken still subject to the RPG's notion of mindlessness?
(01-01-2012, 09:19 PM)LostStranger Wrote: Question!

With the Scourge's dissolution, are the Forsaken still subject to the RPG's notion of mindlessness?

Wherein the Undead in question falls into a state of mindless being? Yeah, it still holds. Called brainrot. It's a byproduct of the shoddy, mass-risings that were done by the Scourge, which is why you don't see it in Death Knights. It's a curse worse than their undeath itself, and all Forsaken are generally terrified of the day they fall prey to the rot.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
(01-01-2012, 09:31 PM)muhaha8 Wrote:
(01-01-2012, 09:19 PM)LostStranger Wrote: Question!

Wherein the Undead in question falls into a state of mindless being? Yeah, it still holds. Called brainrot. It's a byproduct of the shoddy, mass-risings that were done by the Scourge, which is why you don't see it in Death Knights. It's a curse worse than their undeath itself, and all Forsaken are generally terrified of the day they fall prey to the rot.

This, essentially. The only difference is that now the Lich King doesn't reclaim control of them, or if he does, Bolvar doesn't do anything with them. By all accounts, they just lose their ability to think and remember.

Stellar guide, Dotsy!
(01-01-2012, 09:31 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: Called brainrot.

This is not the time or thread, but suffice it to say that I do not believe Forsaken use their brains to think any more than they do their eyes to see.
It's a subjective term. Even in death the brain is used as a recepticle for the memories of life. Brainrot refers to the loss of self as the soul loses what makes it individual. When that happens, the undead becomes, essentially, a zombie.

If you want to discuss that more, Lost, Skype.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
This would need to be stickied as it is a very excellent al-around guide guide..guides within guides..a guideception of guides. Thanks :D
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Updated with Delta's guide to druids!

I'm still trying to keep this guide current, so post here if you think a guide needs mentioning please.:)
This is the first I've seen this, and I've gotta say...

Damn. This is great, Dotsy. This is really, really needed here and you've done an amazing job at keeping it all straight. I'm super impressed! Thank you so much for this.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Quick question (don't mean to be stepping on toes with this).. but how would we use this guide of ages when a race reaches adulthood in comparison to the WoWpedia's chart of ages here? Which one of these sources of information would we be expected to follow?
All races reach physical maturity at approximately the age of 18 (including the Elves).

Cultural views on maturity still vary, though.

EDIT: To elaborate on that, we found other sources that disputed/disagreed with previous sources stating that elves, for example, reach adulthood much later. Which suggested that elves were children for, say 100 years, including physically. We stick to all races maturing physically at the same rate until adulthood for the sake of consistency, and due to the lore we've found to support such ideas.
Just uh, making a note here.

This thread is -extremely- useful. Perhaps it could get a link to one of the profile forums? I understand it being here, but it'd save some of us a lot of time and searching.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Goblins and Worgen sections added as placeholders with a few links to help people with their profiles already being made! Cata-Incoming!Beer

Also: added Bountyhunter's time-guide in the new [3.0.0]!

As always: please toss any suggestions for guide additions in this thread!
Edit(s): :D
  • Goblins and Worgen updated!
  • Now featuring Xigo's guide to Gilneas!
By popular demand, Errata's Height to Scale Conversion Guide has been added. :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grakor's Tips for Improving Your RP Game - Characters Grakor456 5 2,761 10-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Draythel
  It's YOUR Character: Making an Effective Character Profile Darkneon 15 8,056 08-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Renae
  Playing Discordant Characters Effectively Moose 3 1,725 10-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Moose
  Creating characters you will love to play Qaza 16 7,886 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mikain
  Survival Tips for Evil/Noxious Characters Kretol 5 2,726 08-27-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Twentilla