The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Getting Back into the Game
Hello friends (and Rosencrat),

As many of you may (or may not) know, I have recently scooted off to Grad school at a four year University, so I can learn your kids. Thinking ahead, I stopped buying books for a couple days and saved up the money for a nice, shiny Macbook Pro. Knowing it can't do everything, as I moved I picked up my massive desktop and hauled it to another town, in which I have landed here. As I plugged it into the wall, the University internet system tested me. It wanted to make sure that I had current updates to Windows (Which I didn't.) and Norton or Symantec Antivirus (Which I have now). Unfortunately, this means that the University decided that my desktop was going to corrupt the minds of every other desktop on the network and blocked internet access to it until I can get the updates. Which I can't get here.

Meaning I'd have to go BACK HOME and get them.

This is where COTH comes in. Many of you have noticed that i've been gone the past couple of weeks from the server, and more active on the forums. This is because my desktop had my WoW client on it. This laptop, however, has a WoW client!

It's just updated all the way to retail level.

My inherent stroke of genius has left me without access to the server. Naturally, I deduced that if I downloaded the installer hosted here on COTH, i'd be merrily on my way to WOTLK and back to you nubs so I can start new characters. Unfortunately, this is a new Macbook Pro. 2011. A month after Lion came out. So, no longer are PowerPC apps, like the COTH installer, supported. I, fortunately, have my WOTLK disc with me in hopes a solution would be found, but i'd have to download Vanilla and BC from somewhere first.

tl;dr Anski messed up please someone help ;_;
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Actually, I think you can install WotLK with just the WotLK DVD. It's what I did; no need for the base client to begin with first.

At least, if I remember correctly!
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
I wish I could remember where I downloaded my wow client from. It was all the downloads up to WOTLK 3.3.5a. I shall do some searching to see if I can find it.
(09-26-2011, 12:19 PM)hiddengecko Wrote: Actually, I think you can install WotLK with just the WotLK DVD. It's what I did; no need for the base client to begin with first.

At least, if I remember correctly!

If this works, I will love you forever. I'm trying it now, cause it asked me to install the full game (up to WOTLK).
(09-26-2011, 12:23 PM)Reigen Wrote: I wish I could remember where I downloaded my wow client from.

And I wish I could remember where I left that program that allows me to remotely liquify a DVD in a person's computer.

[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]
Might I ask, however, if anyone has any knowledge of patching? Must it be done manually at this point or will it not extend to 4.0 on its own?
Double postan! I installed WOTLK, and as it finished the launcher immediately opened showing the normal Cataclysm launcher. I obviously didn't give it time to patch and closed it. Am I still at WOTLK base and just need to patch up or did I screw up somewhere?
If you alter your realmlist to CotH's and start up WoW.exe you should be able to check what version you have in the bottom left.

As long as it isn't 4.x (which I doubt it is), it should be all good.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
I believe, what it did, was while I was installing WOTLK Blizzard decided that it was going to update the launcher and force my client into thinking it was 4.0. I am with this reasoning that I must separate my macbook from the internet and install WOTLK, and all of the patches, by hand.
Alright, well, bump in the road. I have the WOTLK discs. I have all the patches.

But the discs, when I even just put them in my macbook, say Wrath of the Lich King 4.0.0. They're already waiting to go to 4.0.0. Well, shit.

However, I still have all of the -files- on my PC. Except they're windows files. Is there any way I can use the universal stuff in the /data folder and get an Application for Mac from someone?

The only other alternative I see is waiting until I go back home and just flat out downloading a torrent of WOTLK. :I
Can't you use the installer for mac located in the downloads section here for a blank WotLK and then patch up to 3.3.5a?

I'm a bit weary myself about mixing windows files with a mac application myself. But then again I have no experience in working with macs.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
I could but it runs off a torrent, and my network tracks them and it flags them when one is downloaded or torrent traffic is gone through.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Getting Into Game Drair 6 1,479 09-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Drair
  Game will not connect. Ruibarra 5 1,514 10-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Patching the Game - Because it frustrated me. CasualMatt 2 975 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Yoshintoku
  Do I have to re download game and stop on the right patch?? Masterninja1032 3 1,061 11-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Masterninja1032
  Patching the game Cloyster94 1 808 11-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter