The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Getting more people
If I would go in-game now, there would be about 1-3 people online.
So I though we "advertise" on youtube, that top lists so more people come.
This is just my suggestion, I really don't like being alone half day.

I see most people are from America but if we get more people it will get fun for everybody.
This is not suggestion for GM's only, would be nice if all players could help.
I'm good in video and picture and already did couple of movies (and got 1st reward in country).

So, what do you say?
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
I think advertising has been done before and that the results wasn´t very desierable. A lot the "wrong" kind of people appeared and caused a lot of problem etc.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Nostra Wrote:A lot the "wrong" kind of people appeared and caused a lot of problem etc.
Oh, and where did you advertise then?
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
I beleive that they advertised on Private server lists and such places.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

Advertising is a mixed bag; there was advertising done on private sites but Kretol always wanted CotH to spread by word of mouth rather than a bunch of advertising; invariably it creates ten times more work for GMs to have an influx of people, the majority of whom don't even bother reading anything about the server, and it tends to turn the GM job into a part time, unpaid babysitting gig.

People come and go and come again back here; it's never going to be big. As holidays start to roll round, the server always tends to get rather quiet. So never fear, once everyone is stuffed to the gills they'll be back.
Live your own life; you die your own death
I have to agree with the statement made by Maeven above. I'd really prefer quality over quantity. It would be hell having about 10 new players a day who do not bother reading anything. My inbox would be chock-a-block full of people asking the most simple questions that a quick read would fix. I hope that any more (if any right now) advertising shall not happen. I think we have a nice tight knit community here and I love it.
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
I didn't think they wanted to do anymore advertising for CotH, esp. this summer's lollacious crowd.
But I think most people right now are on WotLK and this other RP server that's up.
˜★Sketch Blog
sasail Wrote:It would be hell having about 10 new players a day who do not bother reading anything. My inbox would be chock-a-block full of people asking the most simple questions that a quick read would fix.

...This sounds like a normal day not more than a month or two ago.

We've said it before and we will likely say it over and over and over again: This server was never meant to be large, and we don't want it to be. That sort of thing kills RP so fast it makes my head spin (see the official RP servers for details). If anything, we are looking to make sure that the server stays small and closely-knit.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
You should really take the advertisements down in the summer. As Qaza suggested there are way to many kids who get on CotH, ask like twenty questions and disappear.
I remember talking to Kret about something similar to help with the large influx that did happen in the summer. It's -not- as easy as taking them down. If you notice the google ads, that is another way we advertise, and just taking it down is more complicated than you'd think.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Like it was previously said, quality > quantity.

I'd rather have one or two friendly RPers here than one thousand PvPers who went on killing everyone 'cause they were flagged and don't even know that this is a RP server.

I think some advertising would be good, but we should be careful when doing it, for the same reasons Nostra said.
[Image: badge.jpg]
Though many might consider you bigoted, you're driven by your strong beliefs and no one can prove you wrong.
Since they favor more word of mouth, advertising through networking is a better idea.
It's cliquish, but you have better control over the quality and you generally know what kind of people to expect.
˜★Sketch Blog
All I can say currently is that being behind on patches (and lacking WotLK support) took a big chunk of people away. However, that support will be in shortly now that the ArcEmu devs have caught up with it (and their SVN is working again).
Ah, that is good news, but all the servers I've seen for WotLK claim to be stable, but are horribly unstable, are you gonna make sure it's 100% working before releasing it on us?
(I'm not sure how we can check for multiple-person stress, maybe get a few testers with both clients installed to do a trial run or another realm?)
[Image: badge.jpg]
Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of War!
Yes, yes we will.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△