The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Glyph Vendor at Warsong
Do you think you could add in a vendor who sells the glyphs at Warsong? Only the ones that work, though. It's sort of disappointing when someone levels up their inscription really high to get a certain glyph, only to find out it won't work properly, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate having the convenience of a simple vendor.
I second this request.
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
And I third it..! :)
[Image: crashbandicootdrak.png]
[Image: IconSmall_Undead_Male.gif]Chad - 'Crazy' Forsaken
[Image: IconSmall_Bolvar.gif]Drakus Ashfollow - Human Tinker

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo1_r1_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_m4r3lmVYKd1qbxrpzo2_r1_250.gif]
I just see this as being a bad idea. It'll further stunt the player economy. After all, if you can run purchase any glyphs you want, what's the point of doing inscription at all?

The point of Inscription isn't to run grind it to high levels, but to learn it in order to provide a service. Just like all the other professions.

If a glyph doesn't work, move on to another one. If you have spent time grinding Inscription to a high level in order to get the first one, you should be able to easily make any others.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
I...fourth? This idea!
[Image: badge.jpg]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Argent Dawn - Play Free Online Games
There really isn't any OOC player economy as it is. The auction-bot sort of prevents it, but I think it's fine since it is an RP server.
Garrett, we all know you don't want this just because you want to be able to sell them through your Syndicate.

garrett Wrote:It'll further stunt the player economy.
This is CotH. There's almost no player economy whatsoever. Nobody buys things from other players unless it's RP-related, and you're not going to really sell glyphs ICly anyways, because it'd just be wrong for most characters. This is the best way to do it.
[Image: divider1.png][Image: char1hidden.png][Image: divider2.png][Image: animated.gif][Image: divider3.png][Image: char3hidden.png][Image: divider4.png][Image: char4hidden.png][Image: divider5.png][Image: char5hidden.png][Image: divider6.png]
Email at Hero_Lief@yahoo.
There would be more of an economy, unless we start adding vendors for every little thing.

As it stands right now, there is little to no economy for Mining or Herbalism. Because it can all easily be bought at Arathi Basin.

However, the profession crafts can have an economy, because it's something a player can make, like the glyphs.

If you put up a vendor, it's just going to kill that, because who wants to go to a player for something when they can get it cheaper at an NPC.

Convenience is not better for RP.

Lief, I honestly could care less whether this affects my guild. I do think it's a cheap way out for those that want the ability to obtain anything they want.

What are you guys going to be asking the GMs for next? The ability to buy anything from any other profession? Let's just step up and go buy cheap Enchants or Blacksmith items.

The stance that, this is an RP forum, therefore we should be able to easily get any items we want, just isn't going to work in this argument. I've approached Kretol on other occasions, asking about items that only drop in a Raid or other things. I was told that most items were not going to become easily available. If you want it, token it.

That's what I'd suggest you do in this instance. Token a full stack of the glyphs that you want, and spread them around multiple players.
Well no matter how adding a glyph vendor will affect the economy, it still stands that said economy isn't really needed for a role play server. I'm just thinking about the moment, anywho. I was looking around on wowhead at all the cool glyphs, and since no one answered when I asked if there were any scribes, I thought I'd make the suggestion of adding in a glyph vendor. It'd be really nice to have one, for all the nice OOC things glyphs can do.

Edit: Plus, these glyphs are OOC, just like the economy they might have contributed to had this not been an RP server. So it's not really that we need a vendor, it's just a suggestion/request, because it'd be nice to have 'em.
A player economy isn't OOC though.

If you are playing an IC blacksmith that sells what he makes to other players, you are part of the economy.

The main reason I'm against this is that it's just going to flood WSG with more vendors. And if we are going to add more vendors, it should be for things that aren't obtainable normally. The same as the Tier, Dungeon, and Holiday items.

If a player can make something, then it should be obtained from a player. That should be the common rule of the server.
I absolutely agree with garrett.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
There are IC Scribes. Balgarn is one. Seeing as how most glyphs are broken anyway, I don't see the value in adding a vendor, even if we could figure out which ones really work and which ones don't.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Grakor456 Wrote:most glyphs are broken anyway
This. It's true. A vendor for them would be useless.
I've never really been able to get any. I just figured that some might not be.
I buy mine from the AH.

Those I have, seem to work. At least the tooltips on things they affect are altered when they are equipped.

Mechanically however, I haven't tried to determine whether they do or do not work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RP worthy glyphs vendor? Maarten 16 3,287 07-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Mounts, Mounts, and the Mount Vendor? Paylonas 9 2,094 06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Paylonas
  Cubs to the Pet Vendor! Scout 2 1,080 04-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Archaeology rewards vendor Werewolf 4 1,822 04-05-2014, 04:22 AM