The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Gold- can it be retroactive?
Does it do -anything-? What is it's purpose? Do we gain -anything- from it? Or is it just a ticker under our names?
[Image: nFHwPlil.jpg]
Will be able to buy things in the future I believe Kretol said. Possibly even things for IC purposes. Right now, there is absolutely nothing to do with the gold but make a bed out of it.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
It would be nice, if there's a reward, to be rewarded for all the work prior that we've put in if the concept remains the same. Meaning, that if we are getting rewarded for posts and content, then yes, those that have been here longer probably should get a bigger boost than those that have not.

A lot of people have put in a lot of work here, so.

BUT. AGAIN. I think rewarding us for those types of things is bad. Really, really, REALLY bad, especially if we all want to be equal, yeah? I think it's unfair to reward both people that have been here longer, or people that post non-stop needlessly. Both things would really send the wrong message, considering that's basically paying us to post, instead of just posting because we wanna.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Perhaps it's not a reward, but something to drive people to be active on the forums, and make big posts instead of tiny 1 liners back and forth. I think people are just looking at it in the wrong way and we can't really tell what the whole thing is about until it develops further. I think we should just all calm down and see where Kretol decides to take it, because I would hate for him to look at all this and say "Too much drama" and remove it. i kinda like it. And no not because I am the top of a statistics board for once.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
@Kage

It wouldn't reset every time someone new came. It reset now because it is a BRAND NEW system. Thus everyone is starting off new because the SYSTEM is new. Having it retroactive would make it horribly inflated. I also don't see what's wrong with giving those who are active on the forum 'gold' rewards. Coth is a community, and posting is just being part of the community.

But if its going to be this much of an issue, is it even worth having? It's a fun little system, I think, and for someone who was up there in gold, I really think it fine we all started on equal grounds when this just came out.
(04-30-2013, 07:18 PM)Xigo Wrote: Ultimately all this discussion over it is pretty silly until it actually does something. Hopefully the system is relatively ignored. I just prefer the likes system. It got the job done. Now there's... this gold thing... and... eh.

Srs though, just pay it no heed. Who cares?

I'll bet you're just saying that because you have more gold than me.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
(04-30-2013, 09:59 PM)Reigen Wrote: @Kage

It wouldn't reset every time someone new came. It reset now because it is a BRAND NEW system. Thus everyone is starting off new because the SYSTEM is new. Having it retroactive would make it horribly inflated. I also don't see what's wrong with giving those who are active on the forum 'gold' rewards. Coth is a community, and posting is just being part of the community.

But if its going to be this much of an issue, is it even worth having? It's a fun little system, I think, and for someone who was up there in gold, I really think it fine we all started on equal grounds when this just came out.

It just seems to be counter-intuitive as someone who was very active on the forums before this system was in place. It just seems like it's encouraging spam and long posts that really don't have substance, just filler for the sake of getting gold.

Okay, the lottery thing? Cool idea. I suddenly love this system.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

It's unfair if we don't make it retroactive.

It's unfair to the youngin's if we do.

No one wins.

Support Likes as the superior system.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
This is silly, I love how Kretol added the system, it makes people want to be active on the forums for a reward.
I think this is just supposed to be something fun added to the forums and not to be taken too seriously. I mean it doesn't affect my RP, profiles, or anything which is the main reason why we're here in the first place.

I don't really care what I get OOC or otherwise. Just chill out and have a giggle at it, that's what I did. :)
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.
There must be some hidden meaning behind this gold.. Things don't just sprout up for fun or good times!

Theories:
1. The Horde wants YOU... to start paying taxes.
2. Potentially buying In-game stocks on Stormwind Exchange.
3. For every 50 gold earned, Kretol takes a royalty.
4. Gold is now used to buy special profiles.
5. It was just something interesting Kret found and said "Hey that'd be nifty to implement." Like he usually does.

Whatever the reasoning...
Spoiler:
[Image: 1367381235367.jpg]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Let it be known that no GM will ever take a bribe! We will, however, take -generous- donations. :|

[thisisclearyajokedonotdoit]
I don't really get why people argue about this small thing. It's fun. I'm the poorest person on CoTH atm, I think. Yet, I think it's fine as it is. Fresh and all. So yeah...I say: Let's give it a shot. It won't hurt. And about the retroactive thing.... I completely agree with Aadora here:
Aadora Wrote:This completely removes the chances for anyone who can't afford it, and even can take away the chances for people who are pondering buying it because it's most of their gold, and somebody with so much gold just comes along and buys it pretty much because "Why not? I got gold to spend."
Keep it this way~
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
FHs and GMs will be rich as hell providing ALL the profiles.
(05-01-2013, 12:42 AM)Sorum Wrote: FHs and GMs will be rich as hell providing ALL the profiles.

Working as intended.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounts for forum gold? Sorum 12 2,305 09-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Forum gold/Purchasable Items Harmonic 18 4,699 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  Okay suggestion about ooc Gold. Spiralin 5 1,072 07-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Last Post: JackofBlades
  About the IC Money items, such as [Gold Coin]. Thayan 6 1,531 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Thayan
  Need Mok'Tar's Gold & Silver Benislav 3 894 05-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Harmonic