The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Goodbye, Conquest of the Horde!
In deep regret, I must say that I am leaving Conquest of the Horde for good. Why? I'll get to that, but first, I must take my hat (My imaginary one, I sadly do not own a hat) to the people of this server.

All of you, GMs included, were and are great. This server stands on atop the rest, showing how the art of Role play should be performed. How I wish I could stay with you all. The GMs are swell, the player especially. "It takes a village to raise a child." The same goes for the players. Without us, there is nothing.

And now, a rant. What, did I say Miss Vaermina was dead all along? Ha! No. Due to her lack of presence on this server, I accepted the request of giving the GM staff a message.

Her Last Stand:

Hello, Conquestians. It's Vaermina, previously banned player jumping up to take a stand against a few things I found disturbing about the GM staff. (Excluding Kretol and Nostra. Even if they played a part in my ban, I still love them dearly. ) First of all, the GM staff accuses us of Rumor mongering. Perhaps we did so. Yes, I remember when I myself rumor mongered a bit over Rensin's promotion to GM. I regret that, deeply. Now, back to the subject. They point their fingers, screaming about how we circulate rumors and how we are just a bunch of "children". After some digging, I discovered that the GMs are guilty of such crimes. A little hypocritical, no? Yes, they Rumormonger. Oh, no. They'll tell you that I'm lying, but I have the facts. I've had people gather information for me, and from what I saw, I was appalled. The things they said about be hurt. Badly.

Second, loosen up. You guys just love to hold on to old hatreds. You're worse than the ongoing Horde/Alliance relationship!

You. Just. Can't. Let. Things. Go.

Oh, I know how much you guys hate me. I can tell by the things you said about me.

You like to say you are "equal" with the players. You say you like to go out of your way to be kind, to actually get involved? Bull.

Of course, I'll take my hat off to you and say that you hard work keeps these newcomers in line, but you just can't get it through your heads that you're no better than us. You can flaunt the GM title all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you are just plain dirty when it comes to new players. What, you don't like someone's character? I know what you do. You run to your private channels, and gossip about said person.

And now I come to my conclusion: The GMs need to get their heads from their you-know-whats and face the fact that they can be real jerks to new players, including veterans that you do not like.

Once again, this is not a stab at Nostra and Kretol. The rest of you, yes. Yes, you.

Remember, these are not the views of Crackbone, it's just me. That veteran player who you thoughtfully labeled as a Meta-Gamer and a God-Modder.

Goodbye, everyone!

There you have it, folks. As I posted this, I knew I was going to be banned. Hell, I was about to be banned anyways! So, goodbye. If you want to role play with me again, I'll be on another server.

Contact me from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

To contact Vaermina, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

Cheers
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
Telling me that the player I was investigating, Vaermina, had died of cancer instead of being honest was your first mistake. Telling that to me after I actually HAD lost a friend to cancer was your second mistake. Dragging it to the forums was the last.

I feel sick that you felt the need to hide this way, and that you feel the need to lie in such a heinous way to a server you profess to love so much depresses me further.

Goodbye indeed, and good luck elsewhere.

Edit: To be clear for other players, Crackbone was under investigation because they shared the same IP addresses as Vaermina, and other players had told us they were one and the same. Instead of taking this at face value, I wrote to Crackbone asking if they were a banned player, and if so why they had returned. This is the response I received.

Crackbone Wrote:To speak the truth, I am not. Yet, I will not say that I do not know the banned player in question. Are you speaking of Vaermina, perhaps?

If so, I have bad news.

If it is indeed her that you believe to be me, I can understand. We shared the same IP address for a while. Roomates, you see? She will never be able to return to the server, or anywhere for that matter.

She passed away, alright?

She was already sickly. I believe she posted an thread on this forum about her having cancer? She died after her latest surgury.

I knew someone would question me on this one day, and I guess it was today. If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to respond.

And I felt horrible for not quite trusting the message. Until now, I suppose, but it still breaks my heart to see the illusion of the tragic death of a young life used so flippantly.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I don't know what to say, other than I cannot beleive all the lies, and such that had gone on with this.

It's SICK to say that someone has died, and use that as a way to circumvent an original ban.

To go to the lengths of just tugging at peoples strings, and make them fell bad about questioning this kind of stuff...

I'm just really speechless.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Crackbone Wrote:Now, back to the subject. They point their fingers, screaming about how we circulate rumors and how we are just a bunch of "children". After some digging, I discovered that the GMs are guilty of such crimes. A little hypocritical, no? Yes, they Rumormonger. Oh, no. They'll tell you that I'm lying, but I have the facts. I've had people gather information for me, and from what I saw, I was appalled. The things they said about be hurt. Badly.[/align]

If someone has a problem with GM behavior, I question why this was not brought up much sooner, while Vaermina was still on the server itself. I also question why any such accusations need to be made in this highly inappropriate manner. Surely, and here is the most wrong thing about this whole thing, one does not need to make a false claim about someone's death, whether or not Vaermina is another name/alias of the original poster or not.

If you, or anyone else, believe that we GMs are such horrible and evil people (and we ARE people, there is a living and breathing person behind each one) then why do you continue to play here? Heaven knows my first reaction to such a situation would be to leave and find another place to RP, of which there are many.

I am locking this thread. The complete lack of morality involved in claiming someone's death to protect yourself is appalling.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conquest Map Diethe 7 1,960 10-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Thoradin
  The Horde and the Alliance Wuvvums 14 2,210 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  I don't really know what this is a goodbye or a hello again. Ormica 6 1,274 03-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Alliance vs. Horde? highwayunicorn 5 1,659 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: kirilldun
  Bringing back Horde RP Wuvvums 7 1,788 05-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Jurkey