The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grakor Grumbles: Spirit Companions
That'd be cool RP too... someone's dead best friend.

Sad.. but fun.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I think that this is a good idea that would help enhance the elusive Spirit Walker and Spirit Champion RPs, but then again I think that there needs to be a good reason for somebody to roll a spirit companion, namely because it will mean that they're with the Spirit Walker/ Spirit Champion/Shaman if you're going to consider them a spirit 'companion'. If these characters aren't around and somebody is roaming around as a spirit without them, I don't think such a thing should be allowable (unless it's a CMC with a good reason). And so, if this idea were to come into fruition, there should be some way to monitor the spirit characters.

Edit for an additional thought: And when I mean monitor, I'm assuming that the spirit characters would be possible through a trinket of sorts, and thus if the player always has the trinket he'll always be able to play the 'spirit'.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
This sounds like a lot of fun, I have been thinking about bring back my Far Wolves and Spirit RP would fit into it quite well.
(08-15-2013, 02:52 PM)Geoni Wrote: ...but then again I think that there needs to be a good reason for somebody to roll a spirit companion, namely because it will mean that they're with the Spirit Walker/ Spirit Champion/Shaman if you're going to consider them a spirit 'companion'. If these characters aren't around and somebody is roaming around as a spirit without them, I don't think such a thing should be allowable (unless it's a CMC with a good reason).

As mentioned before (and I'm only going off what's been mentioned by others in this thread, mind you), we apparently allow warlock's demons and death knight's/necromancer's ghouls. The same "rules" should apply, I think, but there's a bit of "common sense" going on here as well. I mean, if you're the spirit, would you honestly want to be around if the shaman(/etc.) isn't? As well, if I, for instance, am playing as the spirit (which as I mentioned, I'd totally be up for!), and the shaman(/etc.) has to QQ because of RL problems, or they have an appointment, or they have to go to bed, etc. etc., I'd be very fine with logging out of the spirit, and logging in to one of my other characters. Simple as that :P

I do recognize, however, that there are people who may not think along these lines, however if I saw a ghoul walking around, and I ask who's ghoul it is, and it turns out <insert DK/Necromancer name here> isn't online, I'd be notifying a GM about it. I'd also apply the same line of reasoning in this instance, where there's a random spirit walking around, yet his "summoner" (invoker? evoker?) isn't about, notify a GM about it.
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
(08-15-2013, 03:59 PM)Memnoch Wrote:
(08-15-2013, 02:52 PM)Geoni Wrote: ...but then again I think that there needs to be a good reason for somebody to roll a spirit companion, namely because it will mean that they're with the Spirit Walker/ Spirit Champion/Shaman if you're going to consider them a spirit 'companion'. If these characters aren't around and somebody is roaming around as a spirit without them, I don't think such a thing should be allowable (unless it's a CMC with a good reason).

As mentioned before (and I'm only going off what's been mentioned by others in this thread, mind you), we apparently allow warlock's demons and death knight's/necromancer's ghouls. The same "rules" should apply, I think, but there's a bit of "common sense" going on here as well. I mean, if you're the spirit, would you honestly want to be around if the shaman(/etc.) isn't? As well, if I, for instance, am playing as the spirit (which as I mentioned, I'd totally be up for!), and the shaman(/etc.) has to QQ because of RL problems, or they have an appointment, or they have to go to bed, etc. etc., I'd be very fine with logging out of the spirit, and logging in to one of my other characters. Simple as that :P

I do recognize, however, that there are people who may not think along these lines, however if I saw a ghoul walking around, and I ask who's ghoul it is, and it turns out <insert DK/Necromancer name here> isn't online, I'd be notifying a GM about it. I'd also apply the same line of reasoning in this instance, where there's a random spirit walking around, yet his "summoner" (invoker? evoker?) isn't about, notify a GM about it.

There are a ton of places throughout Azeroth and elsewhere that are spiritually charged or considered sacred ground. I, personally, would not be opposed to seeing these spirit PCs "manifesting" anywhere one would find a Spirit Healer or other ancestrally-related sites. I do agree that I'd be a bit peeved if someone were RPing as a random ghost hanging out in a bar without a living PC who would have good reason to summon them there, though.

Still, this is a really cool idea. One of my biggest strengths in RP is to play support characters. Playing an Orc from long ago both would put me in the position of helping others and approaching the New Horde from a somewhat foreign perspective makes me feel, for the first time, that I could come up with an Orc that I could jive with really well.

This also brings up the really cool possibility of playing Orcish clans that are rare or no longer valid (normal) PC options. Imagine the reaction of an honorable Blackrock Orc from generations before the events of Warcraft as they see the current state of the orcish people.

I am correct in assuming that this possibility would encapsulate many, many generations of orcs, correct? If so, it would also be worth it to consider whether a brown orc model would be needed for pre-WC1/non corrupted orc ancestors. It may not really be very important a detail after using whatever visual effect.

Man, if CotH did half-race characters, it would be so darn cool to see a half-orc spirit champion who was fully dedicated to the Horde dealing with the inner conflict of the humans ancestors who might reach him. (Someone more orc-ie than me, please go write this as a piece of general WoW fiction)
I had considered profiling a Tauren Ancestor Spirit the last time that CMC's had been picked over but had decided against it assuming it would be problematic in regards to policy. Would such a character fall under the same usage of a spirit companion if such were deemed allowable? Also, to what extent would a spirit companion be able to engage players who were not intimately linked to their own storyline? Thoughts anyone?
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grakor Grumbles: Race/Class Expansions Grakor456 115 17,338 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Grakor Grumbles: Subraces Grakor456 31 7,027 02-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Xigo
  Grakor Grumbles: Heights and Weights Grakor456 31 5,919 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Grakor Grumbles: Custom Server Lore Grakor456 26 5,332 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Grakor Grumbles: Sexual RP Policy Grakor456 112 18,735 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Nymus