The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Green is the New Awesome- An Index of Vanity Sets (WIP)
This is incredible. Well done, and thanks!
I know that this is an old, old thread, but I also have some links to contribute in case people can't find what they're looking for. Seraphim's done an awesome job cataloging different gear throughout WoW and, not to say that the work is insufficient, incomplete, or anything, but there may be items that you are looking for that aren't on the list so far. The links I have might also not have everything you're looking for--some also have Cata stuff which will, of course, be useless-- but they might help you out to some degree.

http://wowroleplaygear.com/
This is a small blog that's separated different types of gear into categories, such as robes, holiday-exclusive items, accessories, etc.. It doesn't have too much stuff, but each picture links to a separate page with a list of names of each item and how they are obtained that's in the picture. The only downside is that some of the info is from Cata, so be careful. It does link each item to Wowhead, which is nice, so you can get the item number easily.

If you can't find something you're looking for, they also link to other RP gear/Transmog sites, which can be useful.

http://www.worldofwardrobes.net/
This one definitely has more information, with separation of gear based on colors, sets, and quality. It also has weapons and a list of pvp/tier-specific gear. They also show each of the sets on different character models so you could see how it'd look on your race/sex and also lists what each item is and how to get it. Like Wow Roleplay Gear, it also links each item to Wowhead so you can get the item number easily.

If I find more links that are useful, I'll edit the post, but so far, these are ones that I use most often. Hope this helps!
As an aside, be wary using sites intended to help people with transmogrification! While the sets provided are very awesome, they're intended for a feature that was introduced during the Cataclysm expansion. As a result, many of the sets include gear that has been added to the game as of 4.0.1. I frequent many of these sites and I've noticed that, in particular, the revamped lowbie green gear from leveling are utilized a lot.

Also, since a number of items were rendered unobtainable by the quest overhaul, a number of pieces that are available to us may not appear on these sites.
...I've been looking for this thread for like six months. I used it -so- often when it first came out, and then it got lost in a sea of old posts.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
If I may offer a suggestions, Beltharean, subscribe to threads that you find to be helpful. Towards the bottom of the page is a link that reads Subscribe to this thread. When you subscribe to a thread, it appears in your user control panel. I think that it also can indicate to you when updates are made, but I have that feature turned off personally.

This way, all of the threads that you want to be able to locate easily for whatever purpose are in one place for you!
(04-14-2012, 09:13 AM)Piroska Wrote: As an aside, be wary using sites intended to help people with transmogrification! While the sets provided are very awesome, they're intended for a feature that was introduced during the Cataclysm expansion. As a result, many of the sets include gear that has been added to the game as of 4.0.1. I frequent many of these sites and I've noticed that, in particular, the revamped lowbie green gear from leveling are utilized a lot.

Also, since a number of items were rendered unobtainable by the quest overhaul, a number of pieces that are available to us may not appear on these sites.

Of course, of course. I'm not saying that the transmogrification sites are perfectly fine to use for every piece of gear/sets that they list. I know that many of them aren't actually obtainable by us. I suppose I should have clarified my "take it with a grain of salt" warning at the beginning of the post. Most of the things that I've looked for are still obtainable up to the WotLK expansion, or at least things similar to it. They might not be an exact match, of course, but close enough. At the very least, it's helped me in finding different looks for different characters.
For those unaware (as Twilightfae was), you can use wowhead to not only look at the 3d models of items even if they don't have screenshots (look for the red "view in 3d" button at the right), and furthermore you can use that 3d application to see what it would look like being held by the base model of any specific gender and race.

Also, if you go to the tools section and go to the "item comparison" tool, you can click the "+ item" button to add items to a list. If you drag one item into another item, they group up! Then, by clicking on the small, downwards pointing grey arrow, you can "view in 3d" again; this will generate the model using ALL of the items in that group! This can be a quick and fun way to make clothing sets!
Need an objective and constructive criticism of art, literature, music, or RP concepts? Send me a PM. Highest consideration will be given.

Current Mood: Pleasant :)