The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[Grey Militia] Generation's End, Crash Bang Boom
So, I've decided to finally set up for this event again, but in order to do so I need some feedback from guildies and those that'd want to involve themselves with the Grey Militia. What dates and times would be good, and would people join knowing there is a Character Warning up for the event?

I don't mind this being medium to big, as we can scale it as we need when we go, but if people are interested in joining this, I'm more than happy to let people who are non-guildies come along, as well as those who are part of the group. Since they are part of the Cartel and Neutral, I'll welcome any race, and any character that wants to help out.

Again, this is mostly an interest check as well as me trying to find times, as well as if people don't mind the CW.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

In regards to the overarching Character Warning, would this be for serious maiming primarily or a clear-and-present threat of death? In addition, is it a certainty that such an extreme will happen or is it just to keep a player/character in check from doing something inordinately stupid?

(I don't mind serious maiming or any traumas less than death, but just want to clarify if death is involved as I don't usually avail myself to resurrections. It would certainly affect the character choice I make.)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(04-15-2013, 09:45 AM)Caravan Wrote: In regards to the overarching Character Warning, would this be for serious maiming primarily or a clear-and-present threat of death? In addition, is it a certainty that such an extreme will happen or is it just to keep a player/character in check from doing something inordinately stupid?

(I don't mind serious maiming or any traumas less than death, but just want to clarify if death is involved as I don't usually avail myself to resurrections. It would certainly affect the character choice I make.)

Yes---basically, what I want to do is allow people to do the "Blaze of Glory" sort of thing. If they want to be the hero, then, well, they can be---at an increased threshhold to go through, and serious risk of death. With the Grey Militia, there's typically a lot of bone-headed moves, which I totally approve of if they can pull it off.

Let's say, during the event we decide to go against a group, and someone wants to try and dive off the edge of an area with someone to take care of them---they can, but the likelyhood of surviving wouldn't be too high. Same could be said with usage of dynamite, anything that could start fires, and everything else. And considering they will want to blow up parts of the area they are going to attack---so, there will be times I do thresh-hold rolls for the whole group. I'm not going to try to kill people, as I think that would be the wrong way to go, but I will say that if people do certain stuff (Which is encouraged!) there will be more danger and potential for death or a serious butt-kicking.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm okay with a character warning--in fact, I don't mind at all if Immy is killed off permanently. As long as I'm living in the respite house, my availability has been widened some until I return home. However, I don't have the second respite kid yet. I'll give you my schedule when I have it.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Giving out character warnings right off the bat? Making it harder to pull off thick headed actions? Making the hero actually have to earn the title of being a hero?

Kage approves. You can expect me to be there on Bormus. I need something to do with that big old Rune Master, so why not mindless violence in a blaze of glory? Kage will be there. Kage will blow things up. Kage will be happy.
I'm happy to hear people are liking the idea, heh.

At some point in the next few days I'm gonna have a mini-event as sort of a prelude to this one.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I'm down weekends would work best for me as I'm third shift est
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Bounty Is Out! [Grey Militia][Guild Wars 2] Harmonic 4 9,736 01-28-2015, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Training Day [Grey Militia] (12-28-2013) Harmonic 4 1,042 12-28-2013, 11:31 AM
  Generation's End, Crash Bang Boom [Grey Militia] (04-26-2013 - 04:00 PM GMT--8) Harmonic 13 2,075 04-26-2013, 06:42 PM
  Crash Bang Boom, Grey Militia and Company (02-22-2013 - 03:00 PM GMT) Harmonic 0 744 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
  Treasure-hunting for the Elven Lady! [Grey Militia] Harmonic 21 2,724 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Ruibarra