The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Guild Interest Check
Got an idea for ANOTHER horde militaristic guild. Something like the Bloodsworn Honorguard, or the Deadeyes. Just going to apply my activity to it, and maybe get some horde RP based in other areas.

Got this much down.
<Goreshield Vanguard>, me being the leader working under somebody. Races accepted are orcs, trolls, tauren, and maybe some blood elves. Classes accepted are warrior, rogue, hunter, mage, priest, shaman, paladin, druid--....err, well, practically everything EXCEPT warlocks and deathknights.

Not quite sure what storylines we could follow, or where we'd be based, but that's it for now.
Just checking interest in the CotH community! If there is a liking for it, I'll write something up.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Between the Bloodsworn and the Deadeyes, I feel that another Horde paramilitary guild would probably stretch RP out to an extreme!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I only suggest this because it seems the Bloodsworn and Deadeyes both are on a sandbar of temporary inactivity. I just seek to start up some active Horde RP in an area where it usually wouldn't be.
I cannot speak for the Deadeyes, but @Brutalskars has plans to reinvigorate the Honorguard. He's been talking my ear off about the possibility of hashing out his own events in some of the new Cata zones!

But to back what Maulbane said.... Horde RP is already stretched, don't make it more fragile by adding more weight in the form of a guild. Not to sound like a prick or anything.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

I would note that such projects generally only succeed if you have a goal in mind are a willing to dedicate the time and work to keep them active. You will receive much more support if your project has both an IC and OOC goal. Give some thought to what you would like to accomplish and be sure to mention it above. I assure you, much more interest will be given if it is apparent that you have invested thought into an enjoyable and interactive campaign. As a start, we are nearly through developing our IC battlegrounds and any groups who support cross-faction conflict might find substantial RP by engaging in these events. Feel free to contact me if something of this nature would peak your interest.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
(08-23-2013, 05:07 AM)Valicor Wrote: practically everything EXCEPT warlocks and deathknights.

Darn, there goes my idea of letting Alariel join.:D

If it gets some good interest I might roll a character for you! This sounds quite interesting.

I wouldn't exclude any classes, to be honest, most of all in a military-like guild. The Horde -has- accepted warlocks and death knights, so long as they're not being stupid evil in everything they do.

And a note to everyone else: While it is helpful to point out that there may be a guild around like this already just in case someone is not aware, it's never a good idea to discourage an idea. There are a good number of reasons why someone would want to start up their own guild over joining an existing one. Leadership, for one. End goals might differ. Event styles may differ. In short: if someone wants to make their own guild, don't tell them not to.
While I do support everything Reigen just said, I also support everybody telling me not to.
I created this thread to see who is interested...
And that sort of feedback gives me a good idea of the interest level.

I do plan to chase this idea and begin molding it into being. I plan to dedicate a lot of time to thinking, planning, and I'm very proud to say I intend to dedicate nearly all of my ingame time to leading this guild.

Until then! :)
My suggestion: we could use more Horde guilds. However, I'd suggest a different direction than a paramilitary guild. In essence, part of the problem of attracting people to Horde RP is that we primarily end up with the majority of Kalimdor-Horde guilds being military things and that's it...which kind of narrows down how many people will truly be interested. I do think a more unique idea would work better at generating interest. At the least, put a unique spin on it that other guilds don't cover.

That is my opinion. More Horde guilds are fine and I'd encourage them if they're truly active. I just think that there's a bit too much overlap because almost every Horde guild ends up doing the same thing.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Well, Grakor.
I wouldn't mind doing this, if you'd like to speak with me about it.
I currently don't have many ideas besides a paramilitary guild, and maybe you could help give me some sort of idea? I'm totally open-minded and am likely to embrace a new idea. Whatever idea I pursue, I intend for it to be active.
(08-23-2013, 09:07 AM)Valicor Wrote: Well, Grakor.
I wouldn't mind doing this, if you'd like to speak with me about it.
I currently don't have many ideas besides a paramilitary guild, and maybe you could help give me some sort of idea? I'm totally open-minded and am likely to embrace a new idea. Whatever idea I pursue, I intend for it to be active.

I'll do better. Here's a list of ten ideas I came up with on the spot for Horde Guilds. Anyone's free to use any of these:

1. A shamanistic/druidic group, with their protectors, out to preserve the balance of nature.

2. Professional wrestlers and other athletes out to compete and entertain.

3. Horde Sea Dogs out on the open sea, fighting naval battles and exploring distant shores.

4. A group of counter-spies and assassins, rooting out corruption within the Horde.

5. A group of hunters looking bag ever larger and more dangerous prey.

6. Relic-seekers out to try to regain fragments of orcish culture lost since the Blood Curse.

7. A union of artisans and craftsmen trying to make it by with the war raging around them.

8. Protesters for peace, opposing Garrosh's rule.

9. Horde arcanist (and their protectors) guild, teaching magery and warlockry, while attempting to prove to the orcs that their magic isn't all evil.

10. Guild dedicated to the retelling, and writing, of orcish songs of victory and the dead, such as Lok'vadnods. (Look it up!)
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I'd love to do something like a Horde sea guild..
But we already know all the shores we land upon! What land can we possibly sail to? Who would be the primary enemy of these sailors?

Hrrrm....this sure is inspirational enough, though.
Just because the shores are mapped, doesn't mean this group has been to them! That would still, ICly, make it new to them. And this newness can bring all sorts of adventure.
(08-23-2013, 05:07 AM)Valicor Wrote: Got an idea for ANOTHER horde militaristic guild. Something like the Bloodsworn Honorguard, or the Deadeyes. Just going to apply my activity to it, and maybe get some horde RP based in other areas.

Got this much down.
<Goreshield Vanguard>, me being the leader working under somebody. Races accepted are orcs, trolls, tauren, and maybe some blood elves. Classes accepted are warrior, rogue, hunter, mage, priest, shaman, paladin, druid--....err, well, practically everything EXCEPT warlocks and deathknights.

Not quite sure what storylines we could follow, or where we'd be based, but that's it for now.
Just checking interest in the CotH community! If there is a liking for it, I'll write something up.

(08-23-2013, 05:07 AM)Valicor Wrote: err, well, practically everything EXCEPT warlocks and deathknights

(08-23-2013, 05:07 AM)Valicor Wrote: EXCEPT warlocks

How.. dare.. you.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
(08-23-2013, 09:37 AM)Grakor456 Wrote: 2. Professional wrestlers and other athletes out to compete and entertain.

This has Thragash written all over it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grogloki Guild Wars 2 Grogloki 0 3,015 01-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Grogloki
  guild wars Grogloki 0 1,845 12-02-2014, 07:08 AM
  New guild Grogloki 10 3,432 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
  2 things, guild/location Samlock 4 2,202 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Looking to find members of an old guild i am in Ogbar 4 1,225 06-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Maulbane