The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Guilds
I'm going to take this time, while I'm waiting and hoping for my introduction to be approved, to decide on what character. Obviously, for my first character at least, it'll be a good idea to jump into a guild. I've had a look through the guilds thread and I'm asking for people to recommend guilds and I can check out their thread. I'm looking for a guild that often has events and has members that are happy to have casual unorganised RP at times. Preferably a guild with its own area that they've claimed for meetings.
I'm bery flexible with what roles I can play, and will happily play something specified by a guild member if the guild requires it.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
I notice that you guys use the gryphonheart addons. Does this mean that guilds can go across factions and can people effectively be part of more than one guild?

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Guilds can go cross-faction, but I can't see why they would. There's a war going on, and I don't expect either side to be particularly lovey to the other (Even though so many people are "exceptions."). Anyway, you don't need to use the addon to be cross-faction.

I currently would recommend seeking The Lambent Sovreignty as an Alliance character, it's the largest guild on their side. Orcs should check out either the Warsong Clan or the Wartusk if you don't mind a lot of newer players. Forsaken or Blood Elves have their own groups as far as I'm aware. The Harbingers is a good Forsaken guild as long as it's still active.
Kaghuros Wrote:Guilds can go cross-faction, but I can't see why they would.

While recently looking through the guilds section I've seen a new guild called 'The Wanderers' - a good example of an exception.

Currently I'm considering some sort of nomadic and/or travelling Tauren. Perhaps a Druid or Shaman who preaches the laws of the Earthmother. I was considering a Night Elf of similar sorts, but they're much too mistrusting. Personally I think that would be neutral (however a nature loving Tauren wouldn't go near a place like Stormwind or Ironforge, so it's not a problem.) and I believe that, if Bloodhoof had not met the Orcs first, Tauren could easily have been a neutral race. My only problem would be with Darnassus and I know that non-Night Elves aren't allowed in there anyway and, should my character come across it on his travels and wish to visit the place that manay a druid would love to see, he can always sneak (at a high enough level of course). Or does the rule include sneaking in. I assumed that the non-Horde in Undercity rule was because people not allied with the Forsaken would no know of it, whereas, with Darnassus, the Night Elves would be too mistrusting. Correct?
Is there a similar rule with Moonglade, as I imagine they would be rather mistrusting to non-Tauren or -Night Elf visitors outside of festival season.

Anyway, I'm rambling on now. It's not a big problem, as I have moved on from my hopes of playing some sort of story teller.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I am also considering playing a Forsaken (I miss forsaken RP so much). Probably a Priest or Warlock.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
I think what he was trying to say as people are starting to forget that we are at war and personally I think there are too many exceptions being made we need more guilds that are one side.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Yes, okay.
Well I'm sure I'll try a character of each faction and get a feel for RP on each faction before I decide on a character. I am a fan of criminal RP, so may try that with an Alliance char. I'll just have to wait and see.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Generally it's easier to get into guilds on the Alliance side of things, partially due to the high number of Alliance members at the moment. (Mind you, they are alts of Hordies.) For Forsaken things tend to be a little more tight knit, though there are a few guilds around, notably the Harbingers. Most other ones are just a sort of know the right person thing. For tauren, you're allowed in Moonglade if you're a druid and part of the cenarion circle, but no other place. Sneeking in isn't based on level and would be pretty difficult to do, and we don't really support it, or at least not that I am aware.
[Image: Signature.png]
Tales23 Wrote:I think what he was trying to say as people are starting to forget that we are at war and personally I think there are too many exceptions being made we need more guilds that are one side.

I think the majority of the people just plain don't acknowledge Varian as their leader. He's the one screaming a war, but Varian has the mental stability of a three year old, so nobody actually takes him serious. As far as Thrall is concerned, there's no real war as long as he can help it, Jaina agrees. Varian doesn't even have the authority to declare war on the Horde on behalf of the Alliance, as he's not even the leader of the alliance.

He can't overrule anything Theramore has agreed to, and Theramore has agreed to a seize fire with the Horde. At best Stormwind and Ironforge are at war with the Horde, the western Alliance is headed by Theramore and they haven't declared any war whatsoever.
Thanks. That's tied up some loose ends.
I've never been very decisive when making characters and I have a number of ideas flying around my head. Can I list what I think are currently the main ones and you guys give me your opinions/recommendations/criticisms on some of them?
Hi... I'm the new guy.
In all honesty it's best if you just dive into the Rp you want and get a feel for your character. Then once you write up a character profile people will voice their opinions on him, no need to be forced to choose between your characters either, you can just play them all if you wish. Eventually you will find one you really like and stick to him, or perhaps all of them.
Vrahn Wrote:In all honesty it's best if you just dive into the Rp you want and get a feel for your character. Then once you write up a character profile people will voice their opinions on him, no need to be forced to choose between your characters either, you can just play them all if you wish. Eventually you will find one you really like and stick to him, or perhaps all of them.

I second this motion. ^.^
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Okay, well I'll start as an Alliance character to get straight into the RP. Alliance-wise I was thinking of either a Night Elf that hates everyone (but that'd wouldn't be easy to get into RP) or a beast hunter and/or adventurer style Dwarf.

I am sort of toying with the idea of a spellblade (that's basically some sort of fighter with knowledge of the arcane). It would have to be either a Warlock or a Mage (prob'ly warlock because of their greater stamina, healthstones and, in some cases, quicker spells - without the pet of course and I would possibly have to treat certain spells differently) with a sword and an offhand (which I could get to look and act like a shield if I'm lucky enough to own a platinum token). Could anyone shed any light on whether this would work IC? I'm not too bothered about the functioning in PvE as I can revert back to the original class.

Apologies for rambling on. It's things like this that make it hard for me to decide on a class in retail.

EDIT: I mean gold tokens.
Hi... I'm the new guy.
Regrettably gold tokens no longer exist, only silver tokens.
You can use GHI to make RP items.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]
Oh, and people who also have GHI can see the items?

P.S. Where's that place that lists the recommended addons (I found it yesterday but I can't find it again).
Hi... I'm the new guy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guilds. CallMeMelissa 5 1,378 06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Anski
  Guilds Vagabond 2 882 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  Horde rp? Horde guilds? therew 13 2,362 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Last Post: therew
  Guilds pliantreality 5 1,241 09-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mikain
  Active RP Guilds? Dekkz 4 1,142 12-14-2008, 01:50 PM