Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Geoni
12-11-2017 06:36 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 37055
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97256
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 40056
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31556
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25568

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Guitarists gather. We're writing a tab! :D
Heya everyone, I've just been pretending I've been in a guitar battle with someone (Wishing I suggested it at the last party I went to, as someone else there I knew played guitar) and I thought I'd write what I've got in my head right now. Play it on your guitar, and try adding something to it, then post it that extra bit up for us so we can play it too.

It's kinda spooky sounding the tune I've made up so far, and it's normal tuning (Unless someone wants to tune it down a few steps so it sounds better) but here goes. Not too, you need it to a speed that sounds spooky (A speed I can keep up with too hehe ). Someone can add a bass if they wish too, or a different instrument like a flute or harmonica ect ect (Though I don't know tabs for things other then guitar)

Part #1
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||-----11-----12-----11-----12-----11-12-11-9-----11-----12-----11-----12-------7-5-4-||
B||-9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9-------------9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9-5--------||
E||-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Part #2 (Added about 10 minutes after I posted this up hehe)
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||-----9-----10-----9-----10-----9-10-9-7-----9-----10-----9-----10-------6-5-3||
B||-7-7---7-7----7-7---7-7----7-7----------7-7---7-7----7-7---7-7----7-7-3------||
E||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Gimme some feedback, and add some into it! I will be :D
Edited:: Cleaned tabs up as best I could. Both parts are muted, save for the occasional spike of interest and you want to harmonics one or let it ring.
Jessika Iskuri - Human Female Priest. Shy, innocent, cute little thing.
Dias Raveindell - Human Male Warrior. Cold, silent lone warrior type.

Cassandra Singlider - Human Female Mage. (Deceased)
PM
.:Update:.

I've uploaded me playing this out on guitar, though I didn't play it palm muted to see what people would think.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jirxnx - Don't laugh at me too much please, I'm still learning.

You'll hear that I've improvised during the song, and here's the tab for them :)

Part #3
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5-3------->----||
B||-6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---1-------->1/9||
E||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

And the part after that is basically the riff from the first two parts however I've dropped it one string, So the riff is now played on E and B.

-=Note=-
The above passages do not have to be played exactly, in part #1 where the tabs goes "11-12-11-9" it doesn't have to be played like that. I've been randomising those bits every time so that each one is different. so you could have something like "12-12-11-12" or "9-12-9-11" or "11-9-12-11." You can even drop it down one string when playing that bit, just to spice it up a bit.

PM
Man, I wish I could play guitar. :(
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
I'm still decoding Smoke on the Water,wish I can play as you...
Strange thing no one plays good guitar to help you :?
[Image: irontrooperx.png]
PM
I'm actually not that great on guitar, the tempo of this song and the simplicity kinda gives it away hehe.

But I'll keep adding to it if no one else will help.

PM
I pulled out my guitar. I'll try to stick to a promise, and mess around with it a bit. ^_^

Time to drive the wife up a wall, yay!
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Yay! Thank you Rensin -Glomp-

Hope you come up with someone to add to it, even if it's a very simply solo over the top of it or something. I go to work in about 10 minutes, so I'll try and work on it a bit more when I get home :D

PM
If you want help with a tab, you should talk to Narijiko.
That's all I can say.
PM
Cool, thanks, I'm sure they'll skim over this page if they're interested :)

PM

Yeah, another one of these. Did this last night with my direct recording program I have (I have a big jack I can plug my guitar into that I can record from).

And yes, I edited the sound to make it higher because I had to play it quietly last night, parents were asleep :)

Anyway, there isn't any new passages, but I gone ahead and decided to show you what playing the above tabs would sound like if they were palm muted. I'll let you decide whether palm muted is better or if it should be left open.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bfjmbq

Oh, and yeah, I also recorded myself playing my very first guitar riff I've ever made, it's a few seconds after my second riff.
Come on people, help out here :)

.:Edit:.
While I'm thinking of it, I'm also considering making another thread where all instrument players can submit their work, however short or long it is. Anyone think that's a good idea?

PM
sounds good. you definately have talent
[Insert clever quote here.]

Vent Tag: Jeremy
PM
I feel so left out! I have never been able to read tabs or any musical notes whatsoever! :(

... But, when I hear a song, it doesn't take me long to learn it by heart on an instrument; such as a guitarr. So, I suppose I'm lucky in a way. :)
PM
:mrgreen: That's some good stuff you've got there. First few seconds reminded me of Black Sabbath's Crazy train, then I thought of some Doom music and finally (after re-reading your starting post) The Shining. Gosh, what can I say? Maybe I'll grab me guitar tomorrow and try something new (and prolly make you tune down a few steps, mwahhah).

Btw, you write all your tabs in reverse order? All I've ever seen/done have been

E|--
H|-- *
G|--
D|--
A|--
E|--

whereas you wrote

G|--
H|-- *
E|--

? Just curious, nothing wrong with that either :P

And your riff in the end sounded also like Doom. An instant classic.

EDIT:
*H=B for us
PM
I've just been following the way a program called Guitar Pro sets it out like. It sets them, starting from bottom, lowest to highest string. So I wrote mine similiar. Probably because you're in different country? I've never seen highest to lowest from the bottom before.

And Tyr, tabs are fairly easy to read (I know guitar tabs are)

The letters on the side are the strings that you have (Some people write them by their official letters, otherwise simply write them 1 to 6 with 6 being the thickest string. The numbers that come after are simply which fret you play.

Example

B string (or 5th string)||--7--6--5-3--0--0--0--7--6--5-3--0--0--0--||

The seven indicates it's the seventh fret on your guitar board, sixth means six fret and so on and so fourth. The zero means it's open, so played with no hands on the fretboard :)

PM

Well, I'm not sure if this next piece actually fits into the song, I'm still trying to figure out if it will, but I'll add it anyway. But before I do, I'll tab several parts before it in case people can't figure out the bits after part #3 on the last recording I did.

Part #4
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||----------------------------------9--------------------------------------------------||
B||-----11-----12-----11-----12-------12-11-9-----12-----11-----12--------7-5-4-||
E||-9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9----9-9-----------9-9----9-9----9-9-----9-9-5--------||

Part #5
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
B||-----9-----10-----9-----10-----9-10-9-7-----9-----10-----9-----10-------6-5-3||
E||-7-7---7-7----7-7---7-7----7-7----------7-7---7-7----7-7---7-7----7-7-3------||

Part #6
(Lowest 3 strings)

G||-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
B||---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5---8---8---8---8---6---6---5---5-3--------------||
E||-6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---6---6---6---6---4---4---3---3---1-------->1/9||

The above three passages can be altered very easily to add some spice to the tune, as you've heard my recordings where I don't follow the tab I've wrote exactly to the letter. It's just here as a guide to the type of tune that I'm attempting to achieve.

Now, this next bit I have no clue if it's fit into the song or not.

Part #7
(Highest 3 stings)

E||-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-4-0-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0----||
A||-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------3~||
D||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Part #8
(Highest 3 strings)

E||-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-4-0-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0-0-4-0-0-3-0----||
A||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
D||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||

Part #9 - Tempo increased slightly.
(Highest 4 strings)

E||-7-5-4----4----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||
A||--------7---5-4-5-4-----------------------------------------------5-4H---5---5---5-4-5-4-5-4-5-4-5-4-5-4-5-7-||
D||----------------------6-4-6-4-----4-------4-------------4--6--6------------6---4----------------------------------||
G||--------------------------------6----6H------6H----4-6-------------------------------------------------------------||

.:Key:.
~ = Vibrato (Making a vibration sound out of your sound by shifting it up and down, the pitch changes the faster and harder you pull the string)
/ = Slide up (Meaning you simply slide your finger up to the fret indicated on the tab whilst still pressing down on the fretboard, maintaining sound)
H = Hold (Allow the note to ring out)

.:Edit:.
Well, here's the link.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/92qbdb
!Warning!
This is not meant to be added to your Ipod! Your friends will laugh at the attempted solo and all the mistakes in the riff and call you a poof!

Yeah, sorry for the mistakes, I recorded this as soon about an hour after I got home from a ten hour shift at work. If I'm feeling guitary tomorrow, I'll record it again, and hopefully with not as many mistakes. But just from listening from the recording myself, I can kinda see that the solo I added doesn't really fit.

Oh, and don't mind the bit at the very end, I had an idea that I lost straight away as soon as I played it. Was going to power chord the next bits, but lost what i was thinking, so sorry again.

PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National Novel Writing Month 2014 Mathias 14 373 11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Mathias
  Hello, Help with Writing Introduction Ogbar 14 359 08-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Ogbar
  Creative Writing Mezrin 1 194 03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mezrin
  Doth Hath Interest in Thy Writing? Evaszion 2 239 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Evaszion
  Blizzard writing contest Aruen 7 273 06-28-2010, 10:41 AM