The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Half-breed question
All righty. All the time I've been on CotH, there's been a policy of no half-breed player characters. So you don't see sparkly half-elves running around, or angsting over their special-ness. This is something I'm sure all players can agree is useful.

Now, this may just be a rumor heard on GMI, but it's been nagging at me ever since I've heard it. I'd like for it to be confirmed without my sneaking to the mods and asking. Is it true that a human player character is being allowed to have a half-Orc kid? If so, why?
I believe the policy is that you can have these children. And if CotH is around long enough for them to become adults, then you can RP as them.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Best lock this before the said "human player character" comes in and some sort of mess starts.

This kind of topic does not need public opinion, comments and slander.

I would suggest asking a GM.

http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Half ... -race-here

^--- That should still be in effect unless that's changed as well and needs to be updated.
[Image: signature2-1.jpg]
Yeah... It's just that I doubt anyone will be here for the eighteen years and nine months that it will take for said child to be RP-able.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Xigo Wrote:I believe the policy is that you can have these children. And if CotH is around long enough for them to become adults, then you can RP as them.

Unfortunately, CoTH lacks any stable on-going ingame time®.

So aging here doesn't really "exist".
...I roleplayed all nine months of my pregnant character.

If your child lives to adulthood, then congrats, you can play it.

And CotH does run on an ingame time of sorts.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Xigo Wrote:...I roleplayed all nine months of my pregnant character.

If your child lives to adulthood, then congrats, you can play it.

And CotH does run on an ingame time of sorts.

Well that's news to me.

If you don't mind elaborating on this for me.

Or simply linking some reading material for me.

I'm way behind the CotH-times.
I will be sad if half breed babies will be allowed to be had. ;C

And coming from a woman who has been pregnant, quit glorifying it. It wasn't as beautiful as all the people are rping it. ;<
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
You can't play half breeds, true. But if two characters IC'ly procreate and make one, it's odd to simply say "Not allowed." cause it's certainly possible. Just be aware that taking it to a major city, or being found out by members of your kind could get it, and you, hated by your kind, exiled, or killed.
Etmosril Wrote:Now, this may just be a rumor heard on GMI, but it's been nagging at me ever since I've heard it. I'd like for it to be confirmed without my sneaking to the mods and asking. Is it true that a human player character is being allowed to have a half-Orc kid? If so, why?

I actually asked for permission first from the admins. It actually made a lot of lulz on vent, but it was allowed.

I do believe it's allowed because babies are NPCs, they are a puppet of your character, but they aren't a character itself. It's like when people puppet their succubus while no one is allowed to play a demon, or puppet their hunter pet when you aren't allowed to play an animal.

That is all.
Wuvvums is correct. If she sticks around for eighteen years in the future, the staff will talk about when that bridge comes to it.

Until then, that's all that needs to be said. :I
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
I wonder what expansion we'll hit by then? :D
Forgot to add Wuvvums. Dirty mudblood child!
D:

Also I heard it wouldn't be 18 years, but a compromise between the human and orc adulthood age, making it 17 years to adulthood.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Expansion_ideas

^ Plenty of ideas there ^.~ Perhaps technology in WoW is so advanced that we can clone ourselves, or perhaps we've discovered half human/naga beings. *Shiver*

Edit: Stop beating me in posts! Should have used a quote by now! :mrgreen:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Half a decade. Man, I'm old. Psychyn 7 1,577 06-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Two and a Half years..I suppose that's something. Ruibarra 0 759 01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Ruibarra
  d50 - First Half of Character Creation LostStranger 10 2,386 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  All, right, let's have it: Half-breed children born IC. ImagenAshyun 30 7,649 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Half breed's Miah 46 8,054 12-01-2010, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Kage