The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Half breed's
Stormgald Wrote:My point though, the closest thing to a Vampire in WoW would be a Warlock, and thats not even a race. Warlocks do infact have Vampiric tendencies, and to become Fel-Sworn you do what? Ingest Demon Blood, and lots of it.

Doesn't -need- to be a Warlock y'know. Anyone can become Fel-Sworn. My priest is well on her way to the road of destruction with all the Felly goodness. Keke.

But I suppose you do have a point with this. Fel-Sworn tend to ingest demonic blood. But I don't think I'm going to be jumping a Fel-guard or anything to try and bite his neck. /Facepalm

Getting back on the Half-breed subject though.
Does anyone know any IC half-breed people? I've never met any I think. Or my swiss-cheese memory is failing me.
[Image: CKZI0Sp.gif]
Oh, another short little tidbit.

I imagine you would be introducing a plethora of STDs to your race by having sex with another race.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Possible...but maybe not. If the Draenei didn't die from Azerothian infections when they first arived, chances are the physiology is alien enough for immunity.

STD...i dunno. Still, if your close enough to make babies, i guess your close enough to get the flu.
Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence.
Miah Wrote:Heyo,
So, I was thinking to myself, like I often seem to before writing an odd out of the blue post, but out of curiosity, which of the warcraft races could conceive a child together. I wouldn't ever want to roll one, but I'm still curious about it. (Anyone who makes a gnome-tauren joke will be prodded in the eye, you have been warned!)

Now, after some research, I found these few being the only ones that are specifically in lore, and the warcraft games.

Half human - Half high-blood elf
Half human - Half orc
Half Human - Half dwarf
Half Dwarf - Half gnome
Half Orc - Half draenei
Half Orc - Half ...ogre!?

So, after some theory-crafting, I think you could safely assume that human's, dwarves and gnomes could theoretically (If not all that easilly) do this.

I imagine the elves of all forms could, such as a half night elf, half blood elf, though the odds of this ever happening are practically zero.

With the elves and trolls all sharing a common descendant, it's possible that trolls and elves could also do so.

Undead cannot procreate at all, so they are factored out, and I believe that tauren are far to separate from the other warcraft races for them to be able to manage also.

Confused me that orc's and draenei could, as well as orc's and humans, as they all originate from different worlds, though if humans can with orcs, and Draenei can with orc's, it could potentially be possible for a human and a draenei to also.

Very few of these are very likely to ever ever happen, which im quite glad of, but what does everyone think? Anything I missed, anything you disagree on? Friendly discussion, go!
Me'dan....
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
aroes Wrote:
Wuvvums Wrote:Same goes with female gnome and male human.

*cough*

A bit late on this but

/agree

Also I've always kinda assumed most of the stuff that is humanoid would have half breeds be plausible. I kinda discount the Tauren some, and of course the forsaken. I'm not sure why the Tauren, but I guess its 'cause they're so different body wise.

But hey, whadoIknow, Draenei and Orc, two races not even from the same planet, have worked before. /shrug.
Rigley Wrote:
aroes Wrote:
Wuvvums Wrote:Same goes with female gnome and male human.

*cough*

A bit late on this but

/agree

Also I've always kinda assumed most of the stuff that is humanoid would have half breeds be plausible. I kinda discount the Tauren some, and of course the forsaken. I'm not sure why the Tauren, but I guess its 'cause they're so different body wise.

But hey, whadoIknow, Draenei and Orc, two races not even from the same planet, have worked before. /shrug.

Actually... I thought the Draenei shared their world with the Orcs before the Burning Legion jacked everything up?
McKnighter Wrote:Actually... I thought the Draenei shared their world with the Orcs before the Burning Legion jacked everything up?

The draenei originally came from Argus, then went to Draenor by huge flying spaceship.
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
Yeah. Draenei are from another world entirely. 'Draenei' means exile.
Well, let's also bring into perspective the proportions of each race. In a male human/female gnome relationship, I doubt the gnome would...well...come out of that without injuries to her nether regions if they went in that direction. Though there are exceptions to everything.

Regardless, just think about proportions. Draenei and Orc males are roughly the same proportions, therefore that sort of...thing...is plausible. Hense why there are Draenei/Orc children running around out there.

Then again, concerning that, the Orc is most likely not concerned with the well being of whoever's going to hold his child for the next nine months.

...So yeah! Proportions! Think about them!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Spoilered for comment that might make brains pop.
Spoiler:
Gnome babies are only slightly smaller than human ones. Ergo...if it can fit a gnome baby...o.o

Point being, by the size of a gnome's head in comparison with its body..gnome female's must pretty much be half..baby..holder... O.O

Right! With that unpleasantness out of the way!Back on topic!

Also, so i can figure this out...do goblins even have a common ancestor with anything? they seem to just be...there.
Convergent Evolution. They look like orcs because...Um...The island they evolved on was like Draenor...but smaller. There! Done!
"Their earliest appearance chronologically was in the War of the Ancients trilogy; Neltharion created the Demon Soul before the War of the Ancients with the help of goblin artificers — hinting that the goblins may be an ancient race. The Faceless of the Deep also mentions remembering when they were created, potentially hinting the involvement of the Old Gods, or at least the longevity of their servants."
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
No vampires in WoW? Blood-Queen Lana'thel begs to differ. . .
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Well yes, but we cant play them.

Of course...We need more Old god stuff. Yay Lovecraftian!
Well, no. But it still proves the statement "No vampires in WoW" to be incorrect. Anywho! I'm going off-topic!
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Half a decade. Man, I'm old. Psychyn 7 1,577 06-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Two and a Half years..I suppose that's something. Ruibarra 0 759 01-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Ruibarra
  d50 - First Half of Character Creation LostStranger 10 2,386 04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  All, right, let's have it: Half-breed children born IC. ImagenAshyun 30 7,649 11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Half-breed question Etmosril 17 3,442 11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anski