The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hallow's End
Yes, Hallow's End doesn't happen until the end of October, but I figured I'd give you all some time to work on some of this. I'll bet none of you guessed (what with the fascination with spiders and zombies), but I LOVE the season, and I'd like to make it fun for you all! If this goes well, I may set up other events like this throughout the year. I've found that while one-day events are tons of fun, lots of people miss out for one reason or another. So I'm taking it to the whole month, and moving a lot of the participation to the forums.

Hallow's End Events:

-Costume Contest!

On Thursday, October 23rd, a thread will open up for you to submit a screen shot of one of your characters in a costume! One entry per player, Savory Deviate Delight and other model-changing items need not apply (it should be a COSTUME, not a full model change). In-game screenshots are welcome, as are modelviewer projects. Think about spooky locations and props! The deadline will be Thursday, October 30th, so you'll have a week to post up your images, but you can start working on them now! There will be two winners, one male and one female!

-Scary Story Contest!

Write up some scary Warcraft stories! There will be two categories: Short (200 words and under) and Long (201 words and over). You can enter once in each category, but if you get inspired to write more you can place them in the In-Character forum. Entries to the contest can be placed here! The deadline for this is also Thursday, October 30th, so you'll have plenty of time to write! There will be two winners, one short and one long (if you enter in each category, you can only win in one)!

-Comic Contest!

Sponsored and run by Oleander! Make a Halloween comic and aim for humor. It can be a 1-panel editorial style comic, a strip, or even a 1-page thing. Keep it short, sweet, and funny, because that's how they'll be judged. The prize will be 3 silver tokens. Submit your entries here! The deadline is Thursday, October 30th!

-Grues!

Remember that little April Fool's joke? The last week of October (Friday the 24th to Friday the 31st), I will be placing three Grues in some dark corners of Azeroth or Outland. If you're feeling brave, gather some friends and seek them out... (Before you ask, Andre doesn't count for this one!)

The winners of the costume contest and writing contest will have their creations displayed as a news post for all to see for the day of Halloween!
(And a while afterward, with how our news service works.)

Of course, if you have Hallow's End/Halloween pictures or costumes you want to show off, but don't want to enter in the contests, there's always the image gallery!

There will be other spooky things popping up here and there, but these are the main events!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Omg I love Halloween.

Can I contribute a prize to the potluck?
˜★Sketch Blog
By all means! Any form of participation is welcomed!

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
At last! A chance to show how good Aeo looks in a pink dress with a Tauren mask!

*ahem* You didn't read that. I think i'll donate to the prizes as well, seeing as how Halloween is pretty much awesomely amazing. Should it be cash, Qaza, or items?
Whatever you wish! PM me with any formalized ideas you have for prizes, or your own challenges!

~Kurt Vonnegut
...So far, if the GM playing "Childlike" was a part of the event, I love it. They actually managed to unease me o.0 And evidently half of Stormwind.

"Five, six, grab a big stick!"
A little confused as to how to do this, but...

I will add a drawing as a prize for each of the writing contest winners. 200 words or less get a black and white drawing, and 201 words or more gets a color picture from me. It can be of anything you like. (but character art is what I'm best at)

Also I would like to throw in another challenge: A comic one - drawn! Make a Halloween comic and aim for humor. It can be a 1-panel editorial style comic, a strip, or even a 1-page thing. Keep it short, sweet, and funny, because that's how they'll be judged. The prize will be 2 silver tokens OR 500g.
˜★Sketch Blog
200 words or less, and 201 words and more... I assume your talking about prizes for the story contest right Olly?
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Si.
˜★Sketch Blog
*Evil laugh* Ohoooow... This should be good.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Added a link to the Scary Story entry area. And I'm glad people have been enjoying the festivities already!

~Kurt Vonnegut
Thread for the comics is here.
http://conquestofthehorde.com/forum/vie ... =15&t=4518
˜★Sketch Blog
Question about the costume contest...

Would a group effort be allowed to enter? Sprinkles and I had a WONDERFUL idea that we'd like to share... If not, I'll submit a couple screenies in and post them elsewhere!

<3

Lucy
Shankshank
I've seen some awesome group projects in the past, and I'll gladly allow them here!

~Kurt Vonnegut
Told Cress about your answer got told "YES! YES! That would be awesome!"

We'll be needing a couple more people I think, but we'll have it set by the 30th :] Do we PM the screenshots to you I'm assuming? -Scours the event info again-
Shankshank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hallow's End Reminder! Qaza 1 1,101 10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Harmonic