11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3005
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86066
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2581
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
For those that have not heard from the PAX announcements, Blizzard has announced a new game as a sort of side project to the WoW Universe. Hearthstone is a digital Card Game based off of, as the name implies, the famous names of Warcraft. From the way the trailer implies, this might actually be an in-character game introduced to the Warcraft universe come around Mists of Pandaria, though this is another topic altogether.

For now, Hearthstone is still in development, but it looks like a simple, though still appealing game. I'm just wondering: What do you all think? Who'll be playing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Krilari's post:
  • Kira13
It looks interesting, to be honest. But I hope we'll get the chance to create decks -ourselves-. That'd be great. It's boring to play with pre-set decks, IMO.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
When it's released, there's supposed to be 300something individual cards that you can use to make your decks. I believe you get a deck to start based off of one of the 9 Original Warcraft classes (DKs and Monks excluded)
[-] The following 2 users Like Krilari's post:
  • Aethon, Kira13
I am looking forward to it... very much so. It says the game is 'free' but I have no doubt micro transactions will be there. I wonder if you'll have to buy booster packs with real money...
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
PM
There are microtransaction in that you can buy booster packs, but you can also win the same booster packs just by winning games.
Honestly, I'm sort of dissapointed this was their big reveal. I love playing retail, but the card game thing has been done by so many people already---and I know blizz is one of the companies that already has, but making it digital? Eck.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 1 user Likes Harmonic's post:
  • JVNemesis
PM
Looks to be a lot like the 'Magic: The Gathering' computer games. And I'm not sure I like not having all cards available to everyone, that to me sort of defeats the purpose of a cardgame to begin with. Thought I don't think it looks bad and I'd personally probably go for playing a mage. Maybe even Kalecgos if he is avaliabe as a hero.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bovel's post:
  • Alliicce
PM
It wasn't any big reveal. Blizz said that the game was just a side project more than anything. And all of the cards are available to everyone. Just need to play the game to win them.
Warlocks omnomnomnom!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
(03-25-2013, 11:33 AM)Krilari Wrote: And all of the cards are available to everyone.

Oh, I meant easily avaliable. I mean most things are avaliable for everyone in WoW too as long as you put the time into grinding for it. For a cardgame that centers around the strategy of a deck that feels unfair.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
(03-25-2013, 11:33 AM)Krilari Wrote: It wasn't any big reveal. Blizz said that the game was just a side project more than anything. And all of the cards are available to everyone. Just need to play the game to win them.

Yeah, but this is the one that was rumored to be the Starcraft MMO.

...Which would have been kinda neat, in a way, heh.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
(03-25-2013, 12:38 PM)Bovel Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 11:33 AM)Krilari Wrote: And all of the cards are available to everyone.

Oh, I meant easily avaliable. I mean most things are avaliable for everyone in WoW too as long as you put the time into grinding for it. For a cardgame that centers around the strategy of a deck that feels unfair.

I'm certain they wouldn't make it so that getting new cards was incredibly difficult. The way Magic, and most cardgames, work is that you start off with a couple of decks that are not so powerful, but 'intro' decks so to speak. The way people learned and continue to learn MTG is by buying an Intro/Event deck and getting a feel for how they want to play, and then slowly gather new cards by getting boosters. You don't really learn how to or need to build an ultimate, concise deck until you're playing at the TOP level, with people who buy all of the cards for their deck individually.

If you start out this new game and learn how to play, and have almost all of the cards you need to build the deck you then know how to play, then you should honestly be set to go. It's a little unfair in the sense that if you're pit up against people who have the master level decks, you're going to get wiped, but in the beginning I would assume beginners fight beginners.
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
PM
Went 9-1 in the Arena today.

*necro-es and then dissapears for another 6 months*
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveM's post:
  • Cressy
PM
I already have it, and, let me tell you. Its a good game. Blizzard did a good job. The only problem is some balance issues or matchmaking. But its still in BETA, so I'm letting it slide. Its very enjoyable, wether I'm losing or winning, it doesn't matter. Losing against a GOOD player and learning something in the process from his own tactics, worth it.
PM
So, basically, I'm the only one without a Beta key here? Aww well... Gotta enjoy playing the lame F2P versions... Currently enjoying Duel of Champions, a CCG based on Might and Magic. 'S pretty good, though I'm not fond of the attack-in-one-row type of things.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The World of Warcraft Movie Thread Maulbane 7 353 08-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Warcraft reference in 40k's Tau Empire? Kepora 2 255 04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Good old Warcraft III Zenethen 12 447 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Warcraft Trivia flammos200 5 322 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM