11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 426
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2988
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86010
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2560
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Hey, guys. Let me pop in here.

I'm a beta tester for Hearthstone and to sum it up before I get into more detail: It's.. decent, at the least

Jaina Proudmoore - Mage based attacks are increased and she gains more mana per round which enables her to put down more cards/attacks quickly.

Rexxar - Hunter, able to summon his trusty bear Misha and every beast card he lays down hits hard significantly (however their health is crap.)

Thrall (Go'el) - Shaman, all totems that are in-game are summonable using his hero power and they all do different things.

Uther Lightbringer - SIGH Paladin. I personally hate this guy because his hero power is using one mana to summon a 2/2 Silver Hand Recruit and they are limitless.

Anduin Wyrnn - Priest. His abilities are similar to Uther however he can heal WHATEVER he wants.

Gul'dan - Warlock, his hero abilities and etc are based off of lifestealing.

Garrosh - he will screw you up.

I think there's a ton of beta players already in this thread and I won't go into how the game works but to straight up voice my opinion I kinda hate the game. I'm a pretty veteran Blizzard consumer and my most notorious act around my friends at the local game store is that every time the shopkeeper had new decks I'd waste tons of dollars to get TCG. They've taken out so many elements of the original game and hashed it into this new card game. It's quicker, faster-paced, and easy to get into right away but there's balancing issues and terrible outcomes. For instance; I like playing Rexxar. And Rexxar isn't that efficient unless you get a ton of beasts and/or somehow get a Core Hound out there really quick. I'm pretty good against most heroes except Uther and Anduin. Why? Well, for starters: they both are pretty swell at healing. Second, TCG didn't have.. 'hero' abilities because we used the cards and etc. With their abilities I cannot possibly counter them (because they can do it every round with 2+ mana) unless I just go

NNNNNNRGHAGHAHGHAAGH and pump out tons of Beastmasters and Wild Animals.

TL;DR there's tons of issues I have with actually playing the game.

Now, for how the game itself is? ... meh. I'm a person who'll enjoy sitting down for any game and making some grand-strategy for it. I remember sitting down for hours with my nephew while we mixed and matched my TCG deck so I could counter most but there was always a flaw and/or counter for my abilities as well. I relished it because no deck could be ultimate. Yet, Hearthstone also has this element minus a relative who loves Warcraft sitting with you there (unless you count the Innkeeper as your uncle or something lol) and it gives me the same happiness inside. But as I made a point with Rexxar above, it's fairly hard to really do anything with some heroes. Jaina pumps out tons of damage, however if she's against Garrosh she'll most likely lose because of his ableness to attack personally with up to 9 damage whilst having a 4+ shield and 8 health.. That's INSANE. What card combination can you pull off that does 10-14 damage? None, lol unless you use like a Lord of the Arena and an Ogre Warlord. I've seen a Uther v Anduin fight before and it made me frown. It was a card match that lasted for ages because one had tons of recruits every round to hurl at the other yet that same card could pull off a big heal and regain all their health. It's not just the heroes healing, but there's a lot of cards who can heal AND damage the same round.

Perhaps I'm just not really used to the game yet or I'm possibly severely butthurt 'coz orks ain't da biggest an strongest. But I think I can pull off some good points with some heroes just can't be beat unless you replicate his EXACT counter.
Spoiler:
THERE IS NO POINT TO BE ALIVE, IF YOU CAN'T DO DEADLIFT.
[Image: jon_pall_sigmarsson_b35428d97635b2e7c405...2df3c3.gif]

Spoiler:
[Image: SQ0XvlU.gif]
PM
Hey! I have that game, very addictive and I do like to play it from time to time. Umm... anyone wish to play few games my battletag is SleepyBadger#2636
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_mw3mwwCGmB1spfzzdo1_250.gif]
Brothers and sisters of NOD, I welcome you to planet C&C.
PM
I'm patiently waiting for my beta invite. ._.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hawk's post:
  • Aethon
PM
(11-22-2013, 04:02 PM)Hawk Wrote: I'm patiently waiting for my beta invite. ._.

This.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
It is fun. :3
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
@Altaine Uther summons a Silverhand recruit for 2 mana crystals with 1/1.

As for all other points, I found my self pissed off that a guy can simply buy his way to victory by simply buying a legendary card.
I had a recent match which I was about to win, got the enemy down to low HP and he pulls a legendary card which gets me from 30 HP to 15. The beast was even 8/8 and wiped the board clean. I stared at my screen and couldn't do anything. Note this was just for PLAYING the card it self... like putting it down on the field.

However as I pretty much gave up playing Jaina and Anduin, I focused on Thrall, the shaman. I seem to win a lot more with Thrall than I would with Jaina or Anduin himself. As for a card which can jank out 14 DMG, I got up to 16 once with a ghoul. Things kept dying and his attack kept growing. Another good card for bumping up attack is the Garubashi Berserker. The more damage he takes the stronger he gets and this is great for those who can heal their minions. Often people without thought, rush and try to take him out quick but the harder they strike the more damage he will yank out. As long as you can keep him alive that is.

Tl;dr if you lack good cards. Play the arena, finish quests, level up. I got Illidan from the arena it self. Even if you only win one game, you can still get good stuff.
PM
Quote:As for all other points, I found my self pissed off that a guy can simply buy his way to victory by simply buying a legendary card.
I had a recent match which I was about to win, got the enemy down to low HP and he pulls a legendary card which gets me from 30 HP to 15. The beast was even 8/8 and wiped the board clean. I stared at my screen and couldn't do anything. Note this was just for PLAYING the card it self... like putting it down on the field.

You were at an exorbitantly high mana level, because that requires two cards to do. Alexstraza, who sets one hero's health to 15 (this can be a benefit if you're on low health) who costs 9 mana.

And Deathwing, who kills everything else on the board when he pops up and costs 10 mana.

Alex is 8/8
Deathwing is 12/12

When you get to such a high mana level, you should expect crazy things to happen. It's a lot more fair than people pulling out this character turn two in Magic the Gathering, which is easier than you'd think.

[Image: lens18992610_1324069037Current_Highest_Toughness]

Your opponent had a high-mana plan, or just happened to have Deathwing in the deck.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
I was baffled :C Staring at my screen like "wooooot".
PM
So... Got into beta yesterday. I love the game so far! Anyone willing to play some games to practice?

PM
If you or anyone else wants to play with my noob makeshift decks, feel free to add mccm20#2925.
A challenger appears!
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_mw3mwwCGmB1spfzzdo1_250.gif]
Brothers and sisters of NOD, I welcome you to planet C&C.
PM
Add TankDave#2470
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
PM
http://i.imgur.com/Fv7bMWv.jpg

For those who have problem with no/few expert cards! They all work pretty good. Trump made these and posted the link during a stream.

PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The World of Warcraft Movie Thread Maulbane 7 353 08-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Warcraft reference in 40k's Tau Empire? Kepora 2 254 04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Scout
  Good old Warcraft III Zenethen 12 447 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Warcraft Trivia flammos200 5 322 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM