The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hello
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

There's not much to say. I'm a geek who loves sci-fi, but for the lack of any better mediums to roleplay on that setting instead I came here! I've been around a lot of different games that I've tried to roleplay on, and I guess this place is the next stop for me. I'm a Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 veteran. I play the guitar and love the blues. I watch Game of Thrones like the other 90% of the world's population, and I have the physical prowess of a cabbage.

I'm not without my sense of humor and I'm slow to anger. I don't troll, but people sometimes make that assumption when I make light of a situation. My favorite form of writing is satire. Can you blame me? I promise I wont get on anyone's nerves though, and I'm serious with my roleplay unless I'm trying to be the comic relief.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Canada. English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

From Warcraft 3 mostly. I used to roleplay there a lot but the roleplaying community there has quickly devolved into nothing but a pit of immature kids who want to roleplay "Anime Highschool" themed RPs.

I really wish I was exaggerating. I'm not.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Google. I searched up "WoW RP servers" and this place came up. I browsed the site briefly and it seems up to snuff so I figured I'd try it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

Erotic R- Any roleplay's fine by me. In general though I like my character and the characters around me to have a purpose. I'm not really a big fan of small talk tavern/campfire RP where people just sit idle and chat meaninglessly. I like to do things. I'd rather contrive a reason to go out and kill monsters and bring people along for the ride than sit around and become a socialite vegetable in a fantasy setting.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I don't really know yet. The best I can give you is what looks appealing from the WoW wiki as I've hardly played the game yet. I try to avoid FotM characters and I'm a try hard hipster. I'll probably go for whatever everyone else doesn't do already.

Humans are the safe cop out choice and probably the easiest race to roleplay. I've always been a fan of elves from D&D however so I'm also inclined to play a Night Elf or a Blood Elf.

What are your expectations of this server?:

A friendly community, and people who roleplay in other locales than the taverns. Some character development and personal story arcs, friendships and rivalries (in character).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I'm quite fond of the harshness on death policies. I've been on too many settings where the mortality of characters are taken for granted because people are too cuddly about death and they cut people a break wherever possible so that no one ever dies. It's silly and the enemy of continuity, which is required for a cohesive story.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Curse the females!" an agitated Xul'xaran mutters to himself mid sprint. A myriad flora brush past his face and resist his footing. They sway and swing and dance violently as he carelessly pushes past them, revealing his movements to his distant pursuers. This particular passage of the Underdark is particularly illuminated by all of the luminescent mushrooms and cone shaped plants that form a thick brush the frantic drow is forced to plow through. No doubt attributed to the large Upperdark lake above it that leaks droplets of water throughout this network.

Xul wouldn't be in this mess if he hadn't protested. He got greedy. Impatience is a trait he had failed to absolve himself from despite his sibling's warnings. But he had been eager to prove himself to those self entitled, haughty females. Everything came easy to them. It wasn't fair. Them and their cursed goddess, the Spider Queen...

"This isn't the time for blasphemy, Xul." he curses to himself and makes a hard turn when he spots a large boulder, large enough for him to hide behind and catch his breath.

It wasn't truly blasphemy. Lolth was truly cursed into her home in the Demonweb Pits, after all. The pious females would never acknowledge this truth, but Xul'xaran knew. It felt strange for him to mock the very females that had outsmarted him. He'd been eager to prove himself as a capable warrior and push for a more prominent role in one of the major house's politics as a chief Weapon Master. It's the only way a warrior like him would get any where in such a society. But the females challenged his ambition. They tasked him with investigating a sighting of surface elves in the Upperdark.

There was really only one reason any sane surface elf would descend this far. Xul'xaran is no fool, he'd heard the stories, he knew what he was to face. But he couldn't step down. All his years of groveling at the boots of those above him would have been for nothing.

"Masked Lord, persevere... cloak me in shadow. Bestill my quaking hands. Make my swords swing true. Vhaerune." It wasn't truly blasphemy. Xul'xaran was secretly a follower of the Masked Lord. Why should he instead revere the Dark Goddess who would never favor him?

Voices echo a hundred paces behind him. Those That Hunt are known in the stories he's heard to be relentless. "Listen to yourself..." he shook it off. "They're just elves. They're surface elves. This is your domain. This is your realm!"

He draws his short blades and prowls away from the glowing plants that surround him. There was a patch of darkness a few paces to his left, unmarred by any glowing fungi or such things that would make it easier for his pursuers to spot him. If there was one thing Xul knew better than swordplay, it was hiding.

"Let them come. They won't even know who gut them." he gives himself an unconvincing, toothy grin and lowers himself to a prone in the dark. The sounds had receded. It's becoming increasingly difficult to tell where they are. "The plants." he thought. He looks to the jungle of glowing flora in front of him to catch them swaying as when he moved through them. But they stood still. They neither swayed, nor danced, nor shook, nor brushed.

A blunt force pounds his back and knocks the wind out of his lungs. Xul'xaran had made too many mistakes. Unlike him, the Hunters were patient. Unlike him, their motivation was true and focused. This was not a power play for them, this was duty. Unlike him, they didn't underestimate those they loathed.

A cold sensation stings his neck. The last thing he sees is a gloved hand, lithe but firm. Twined into it's fingers is a pendant; that of a single broken arrow arching above a tear drop.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

What version of WoW does this server use? The one I have patched right now is WotLK 3.3.5 so I hope that's the right one.
Hello! I'm flammos200(Just Flammos is fine too.), and it's my pleasure to welcome you to CoTH!

Now, be sure to read up on the Rules and Policies if you haven't already, and if you need help Creating a Character, you can find some on the Wiki, or take a gander at some of the Profiles there, to familiarize yourself with some of the people you might meet on CoTH.

Other than that, don't worry - we all have our RP horror stories from back when we first started. I shudder to think what could've happened had we not stepped beyond that point. Since you're a Drow lover judging by your story there, NElves'd likely fit, I guess. Matriarchy, nocturnal lifestyle, devotion to a Goddess and all. If you do end up going that route, there's always Maeven's guide to get you up to speed, which is considerably better-written, by one of the old guard no less, than my own lil'piece that compares Kaldorei and Sin'dorei. Gah, I love elves too. Can you tell? I tend to blather on about them for more than most rounded ears can take.

As for doing characters no one else has done... Yeah. I know that feeling. I tend to take obscure Lore and run with it - particularly as regards character concepts. Without creativity we are lost, after all.

Annnd the version we're using for the server at the moment is 4.3.4, thus Cataclysm. The older server's on 3.3.5, but we've updated since.

But hey, if you need any more help or have any more questions, feel free to PM a GM or Forum Helper like yours truly. Seriously. PMs never killed anyone... yet.

See you around!
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!