The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hello.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I go by Vallon here. I absolutely adore roleplaying. It's ridiculously fun to me! I've been doing it for ages and found that some of my favorite roleplaying is done in a more graphical and fleshed out world. Thusly WoW was found to be an extremely enjoyable avenue for roleplaying. I play a wide variety of characters to keep myself from getting bored and have only recently in the past few years upgraded from roleplaying purely in text form to the fully 3D emotive environments of WoW and the like and I just love it!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States and my primary (and only known) language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to own Warcraft II for... I believe Sega Saturn. I loved that game (even though I was horrendous at it) and eventually upgraded to Warcraft III on the PC along with it's expansion. That game absolutely captivated me for years. The graphics were gorgeous, the gameplay was fun, and I could muck about in the editor crafting my own little stories for hours upon hours. Eventually I upgraded to WoW itself well after it came out, just as the Burning Crusade expansion came out. I played well into the time of Wrath of the Lich King until I eventually gave up on it right before Cataclysm's release.

Roleplaying on private servers, however, has really sucked me back into the Warcraft world in a big way.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I used to roleplay on the Prologue server. However that server is constantly going on and off and on and off and the community fluctuates ridiculously to the point where I got tired of it and jumped ship. In my search for a new server I was continuously referred to this site so I've finally decided to give it a try. The structured and organized approach to everything on this server really interests me because it makes me think that this site and the server have been put together by enthusiastic, dedicated hands and that almost ensures a quality experience.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All sorts. It really depends on my character since I tend to try and really immerse myself into that character's mindset. I love going out on grand adventures as much as hanging out in a tavern or mashing gears together trying to make a robot chicken walk. Again, it all comes down to the character.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elves and Warlocks. Mainly because that's the combination I played the most back when I played WoW, haha. Plus I always enjoy playing an arrogant, knowledge-seeking warlock who's very slowly being corrupted by the fel magic he's desperately addicted to.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect quality stuff mainly. The site itself oozes style and care. The stories I see and hear are interesting and exciting so I'm expecting friendly people, good roleplayers, and a fun time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm impressed by the acceptance listed under Types of RP. I didn't expect to see such openness and I'm glad it's been clearly stated how to approach certain types of roleplay. I also enjoy the mention of Maturity being a necessity. Here's hoping it's held true in game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Journal Entry #2237.2

I've finally managed it! Those other buffoons have been harassing me for weeks. 'It will never work', they said! 'Your calculations are all off', they said! 'Trim that grisly beard', they said! Well I'll show them now! What are a few weeks without sleep when it comes to science, eh?

Anyhow, let's get to the real meaty part of this entry! The thing is finally mobile!! I got the gears to fit in just the right spot (though I had to really punch them in there) and now they grind oh so sweetly...

And my Mechanical Automoton of Nitrus and Internal Automation (MANIA!) shall walk upon Azeroth! And I'll be the envy of all my jealous peers.

Hm... Perhaps MANIA is a bit of a grandiose name for robotic fowl. Eh, I'll sort it out once I begin patching the firmware, perhaps...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope, not really.[/quote]
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Vallon!

Quote:Plus I always enjoy playing an arrogant, knowledge-seeking warlock who's very slowly being corrupted by the fel magic he's desperately addicted to.
Ah! I'm currently having a similar interest, in terms of characters I'm considering playing. Admittedly, the character isn't a warlock that I'm thinking of, but instead a necromancer. The descent into evil could be quite interesting!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!