The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hello!
1. First things first! Did you read the rules, policies, and FAQs?
Yes! They were quite exhaustive. I think the rules are on the strict side, but enforcing 'niceness' isn't such a bad idea. I was curious how much RP vs. In-Game PvP went on, and if things like BGs and Arenas are still used. It isn't necessary that they are, they're just a fun distraction at times, and some epic AV battles would be fun.

2. How did you hear about us?
Google! I was like, 'I really want to spend my WoW time mostly RPing, but I a) don't want to go through another huge burst of leveling that sucks, and b) I've had great difficulty trying to find non stereotypical bad BE roleplaying horde side on several RP servers. Meh. So after some googling searching of private servers on a lark, yours came up and interested me greatly.

3. How did you get into RP?
I grew up into it, really. My dad really enjoyed D&D and I grew up playing and DMing it with friends, doing freeform roleplaying online, and later adventures in other RPGs. It was all mostly pen and paper for most of high school and college. Roleplaying, for me, is like interactive storytelling; I love the collaboration and immersion that you can get from it. It's pretty amazing.

4. How did you get into Warcraft?
I originally played Warcraft 3 and enjoyed the universe and flavor of it. Less than a year into the release of WoW, the game was given to me as a gift. I've played it on and off since. Most of the lore of Warcraft that I've read has been pretty interesting, and so I've always wanted the opportunity to comprehensively roleplay in the universe.

5. What is your favorite race/class?
In WoW, well, it varies a lot, really. I tend more toward Rogue/Mage/Warlock/Paladin/Death Knight. Each has their own quirks that I love. The next character I want to try will be a priest or warlock, likely. My favorite races really depends on the matched class. I like Tauren/Human/Forsaken/Troll/Blood Elf the most, again, for different reasons. I can go really in depth about it, heh, but I don't want to err on boring.

6. What is your favorite kind of character to play?
I prefer my characters to have degrees of complexity. If there are only a couple simple cause-effect lines in their behavior, they don't tend to create as many interesting situations (unless they're iron-hard consistent, and that can turn out more lame than otherwise). This leads me to find lots of different personality combinations, though, so I don't have exact favorites. I tend to play characters that are more hard and pragmatic or introspective.

7. What is your favorite kind of RP?
RP that isn't cheese-mo-tastic, contrived, or overwrought. I like realism, so even when operating in the logic of a fantasy universe, I want my RP and characters to stick to realism and realistic actions/reactions. People tend not to be crying on all sorts of street corners and wailing out their sorrows, for example. Also, RP that provokes actual dilemmas for the characters involved - when there is no real 'good' choice, but a series of different 'crappy' choices that a character must decide between. That really excites me.

8. Do you have any hobbies (outside of Warcraft)/talents/stupid human tricks?
I'm pretty good at modulating my voice, writing, cooking, and consoling people.

9. What country are you from? (Or, if you're uncomfortable with that question, what is your first language? We don't need to know exactly where you live, just what general time zone you're in and if you need some wiggle room on your spelling and grammar.)
USA/English.

10. Remember question #1? Do you agree to abide by the rules and policies?
Why else would I have spent the time and attention? I mean, yes.
resonance Wrote:I was curious how much RP vs. In-Game PvP went on, and if things like BGs and Arenas are still used.
No real PvP here, sorry. =/ Duals can be used for RP fights sometimes -sometimes- but most prefer to just text it out. If you need to kill stuff, Northrend is open OOCly.

resonance Wrote:cheese-mo-tastic
My uncle says that word. Are you my uncle?

Welcome to the server! >8D