The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Help with a pre-Cata Gilneas timeline
I'm writing a guide for what anyone would need to know for developing a Gilnean character before the fall of the Greymane wall. I believe I have the major events here, in order, but I'm having trouble placing a year or even a comfortable ballpark estimate on some of them. Any other critiques would be welcome, too.

Here's what I have so far.

26 years ago*: Second War Occurs
  • Lord Greymane was uncooperative with the rest of the Lordaeron Alliance and little official support was provided.
  • Differing pollitical views on the Alliance and Gilneans fighting the Horde on the grounds that the Orcs and their allies were enemies was not unheard of.

(???) years ago: The Succession of Gilneas from the Lordaeron Alliance and the construction of the Greymane Wall.
  • After the Second War, Genn Greymane's isolationist views became even stronger and he cut ties with the rest of the world. Greymane believed that his kingdom was self-sufficient, could beat back any threat and that what went on outside of the wall was someone else's problem.
  • Many Gilneans shared his beliefs, but Nobleman Darius Crowley did not and for this reason was imprisoned.***
  • They Greymane Wall is built to exclude Pyrewood and Ambermill, which Crowley once governed, from the country's boarder.

(???)** The Famine of Gilneas
  • Gilnean crops fail and the country cannot rely on support from other kingdoms.
  • An ancient Druid order surfaced and used their knowledge to remedy these agricultural problems.
  • It is likely that this caused a resurgence of Druidism among Gilneans.

Seven Years Ago:* The Third War Occurs.
  • Gilneas officially does not participate, but Crowley sends a Gilnean Brigade to help Jaina Proudmoore.
  • Arugal releases the Worgen (and thus their curse) on Azeroth for the first time.

(???): The Worgen Curse begins spreading across Gilneas

(???): The Gilnean Civil War
  • Crowley escapes imprisonment and starts an uprising against Greymane.
  • Support comes largely from Refugees from the Worgen curse and general fear of Worgen.
  • Ends as Gilneas City is being overtaken by Feral Worgen, and Darius and Greymane come together for the common cause of protecting Gilnean Citizens. (During the Worgen Starting Experience quest chain, which occurs a year before the events of the Cataclysm expansion)

*Items marked with a star are taken from the Significant Racial Event Timeline thread.

**This will likely not have an exact date, though I cannot figure out if it happens before or after the Third War.

***WoWwiki states that Crowley was arrested and imprisoned for three reasons that occur at different times. The third one, that he was imprisoned for starting the Gilneas Civil War, does not make sense because he started the uprising after escaping from prison. His being imprisoned after arguing against the succession from the Alliance is supported by his former territories being excluded from the Greymane Wall, but if he were to have ordered the Gilneas Brigade to help the Alliance in the Third War, he would have needed to have political power, unless he did so from jail.
WINNING TIMELINE:

This is, at least, what I've gathered from multiple forums along the internet and the WoW wiki's I know of.
Hope it helps!

If not, I could always help. :)
(05-30-2012, 12:11 PM)13kira13 Wrote: *SNIP FOR BIG IMAGE*
This is, at least, what I've gathered from multiple forums along the internet and the WoW wiki's I know of.
Hope it helps!

If not, I could always help. :)

You are my Lord Boxhead. <3
My browser kept crashing when I was trying to look at your timeline the other day and I kind of forgot about it. (+2GB Memory Leak for the Flashplayer extension. >.>)
I take it from your post you don't mind much if I quote the content of this image for my guide?
Oohh, you made it bigger this time Kira!
You could've clicked it on the original thread of mine, Kage-nub, and it would've gotten bigger!

And Dae, I'd be honored if you'd use it. :3

Spoiler:
I shall also spoiler the image on my post.

EDIT: Oh, and just in case you don't know, the red line was supposed to be a mine-thing, for the book I'm writing! :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portals and Gilneas Beltharean 25 8,711 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Timeline Error Bingles 3 1,243 08-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Bingles
  Timeline and Age Changes Grakor456 66 12,291 09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Warcraft Timeline Compilation Killachipmunk 37 7,009 03-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Jurkey