The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hengis's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Ever since I was little, I loved reading books. I think I would have to blame that characteristic on my father who, rather than read me normal bedtime stories, would read me Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when I was little. Eventually, I moved on to reading it myself, and by the time I was 10, I was reading three of those Goosebumps books a day. I was also fairly fond of those "Choose your own adventure" books, those ones where you flipped the pages depending on what action you decided to take? I guess that kind of started to shape my liking of roleplaying, as I would read through those books and think of a persona to take and make choices based off of that. These days, though, I'm really big into various fantasy novels, like Piers Anthony's Xanth series, novels in the Warhammer fantasy universe, The Chronicles of Amber series by Roger Zelazny. I also enjoy Science Fiction novels like Aldous Huxley's A Brave New World and, of course, Douglas Adams' work. I like to write in my spare time and draw decently as well, I'm particularly good with pixel art, as I went through a phase in my teenage years where I did spriting (Spriting, for those who don't know, is the manipulation of video game pixels to make your own character. So for example, you take a sprite sheet, which has many various poses and animation frames of a particular character, of Sonic the Hedgehog and edit its colors so he was green instead of blue. Then you edit on a trenchcoat or something and a hat, and bam, your own original character sheet that you could use for comics or even animations if you are good enough). I know the rudimentary skills of animating too, though it's mostly .GIF animations that I make for fun. I've also LARPed regularly for three years, and I really enjoyed it. I'm a pretty mellow guy and it takes an awful lot to phase me, much less offend me, and I hate hate HATE drama, as I've seen it disband many a guild in my time. I've lived in New York most of my life, but I have just recently moved to Las Vegas to live with my father for a while. I'm 19 years old and don't currently go to college due to the move, but I look to return to it next semester for CIS/MIS.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in New York, I primarily speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've been friends with a family up the road from me for years back in New York, and the whole family was really into a lot of hobbies, like Warhammer, LARPing, and gaming. They got me into a lot of stuff that way, and I've really liked all of it. I've been playing for a few years now, I started back before Battlegrounds came out and the Warrior 31 Protection talent was Shield Discipline.

What made you seek our server over others?:

I saw your server being mentioned at a few times, and I finally decided to give in and check it out. Playing World of Warcraft for free is not my main concern, since I still have an active account, nor is hitting 80 quickly, because I have two 80s. No, I've always wanted to see a good RP server in action, as Blizzard's simply do not cut it, and they're not going to change them anytime soon, if at all. And since I've moved to Las Vegas, I can't LARP anymore so I need some sort of roleplay outlet before I go crazy, haha.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
At the LARP I went to, there was a lot of heavy combat, as well as roleplaying. I'm a huge fan of both, I like to relax at a local Inn and chat idly with others before embarking on a dangerous adventure that I might not come back from in one piece. That duality and the way one copes with both is what really makes a character come to life.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That is a tough call, haha. I've always been particularly partial to Orcs and Dwarves, as I love the hearty tough-as-nails kind of character. I guess between the two, I'd have to say the Orcs stand out the most, since I think they have a more dynamic history than the Dwarves. As for my favorite class, I would have to say the Warrior. Some would call them generic, but I think that they have an awful lot of flexibility, both in character and abilties. It gives you a lot more room to be open-ended and use your imagination to fuel your character. One can only go so far with a Paladin, because in the end, a Paladin is still a Paladin, but a Warrior could be an agent of just about any faction, have any kind of personality set, and has the potential to get into any situation without going against their tenants. You mentioned in the Wikipedia about how a Druid hanging out in the Cleft of Shadow or a Forsaken in the Chapel of Light is not wise or very true to their nature, but a Warrior could get away with any of those things, only their personality and history will shape them, and I like that.

(Also, being able to wear any kind of armor and use just about any weapon makes them very easy to dress up, haha.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I'm not familiar with how vastly one can change the game mechanics in a private server, as I've never went to one before, and a lot of the things you've mentioned in your Wikipedia made me go, "What? They can do that?" I guess the only thing I really expect is to have an interesting time, at the very least.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

You've made a lot of references to your community in your Wikipedia, and I really enjoy the idea of an intelligent well-knit community unhindered by drama and naysayers saying stuff like, "lol rpign is gya". I also really like that people are rewarded for role playing well, which gives more incentive (because face it, having incentive is always nice).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The withering man stumbled back from Grauk as he slowly got to his feet. Jeers and insults beset the beleaguered human from all sides as spectators rattled the cage where he was now imprisoned. The man looked wildly from side to side, then back at the Ogre who was now lumbering lazily towards him. It was huge, bigger than most normal Ogres, its skin a pasty white and adorned with several tribal glyphs. A single plated pauldron was fastened on its left shoulder, and it wore large leather boots with thick slabs of steel on their undersides. "Get back you filthy beast." He hissed, eyes narrowed at Grauk, "You need not have to die for their amusement."

"'Snot me who's dyin', 'yewman." Grauk rumbled back, looking human up and down boredly. "You's look like yer already dead anyhoo."

The man growled in annoyance at its stubbornness, but smirked inwardly. This savage was far too reliant on outward appearances to properly judge a person. He will soon learn the folly of his errors. As Grauk continued towards the prisoner, he stood up straight, closing his eyes and concentrating deeply on the spell he needed. Fel energies spread through his body and coalesced into his fingertips, forming into an orb of deep shadows. Grauk paused for a moment in his slow advancement as he saw what was happening, and that moment was all the man needed to capitalize. Stepping forwards, he released the buildup of energies in his hands, the orb hurtling straight into the Ogre's stomach, doubling it over. A wicked grin spread through the man's face as he imagined the searing pain spreading through the beast, both in flesh and in spirit. However, his grin turned into an expression of shock as Grauk straightened back up after only a moment of growling softly in pain. It was as if he had simply thrown a rock at the Ogre instead. Twinges of fear and doubt gripped him as Grauk continued his advance.

"Izzat it?" The Ogre asked, giving the man a lopsided smile. "If yer gonna do bad t'ings, you's should be stronger den dat."

"Wretched abomination!" The man shouted in return, focusing his energy again and releasing several quick bursts of Fel magic at Grauk. However, he was just as well hitting him with handfuls of horse feed, as none of them seemed to have a lasting effect on Grauk. He took a step back and let loose with a field of lingering corruption around the Ogre's body, but it only seemed to make it mildly uncomfortable. The man continued to step back, peppering the slow-moving Ogre with magic until he felt the steel of the cage bars pressed against his back. He could hear the laughter and jeering as the spectators mocked him for his inability to sufficiently hurt this Ogre which they called their "Enforcer". He felt a hand grasp the shoulder of his tattered robe and turned to look at the scarred face of an Orc who was watching the fight in the cage with great relish.

"Scourge-worshipping scum! You'll get what's coming to you and the rest of your pitiful coven!" The Orc spat, and the man snapped, roaring and gathering up a great deal of energy in his body to unleash onto this interloper. The Ogre might kill him, but he was going to take this whelp's soul screaming into the nether with him. However, whatever dark spell that the man was preparing to tear the Orc apart with never went off, as he was suddenly crushed flat against the cage. Grauk had decided that playing around with the cultist was over once he saw him preparing to strike down one of the spectators, and had dropped his pauldroned shoulder and charged straight into the man, hitting him with all the force of a Gnomish siege tank.

The man fell limply to the floor, blood streaming out of his mouth. With a new wave of cheering and insults assaulting him from all sides, the man agonizingly propped himself on all fours. He could feel his many broken ribs in his chest as if they were branding irons, and the blood gurgling in his throat told him his lung was punctured. Gathering up the last of his life's energy, he looked up at Grauk. "A curse upon you, you disgusting savage!" He raved, frothy blood spilling from his mouth all the while, "My brethren will not let this deed go unnoticed! They will visit upon you a wrath unheard of in your pathetic brutish mind! You will be driven insane with agony at their hands, and they will laugh all the while as you pitifully try to cling to your life! As you see the futility of it all, the futility of your inconsequential victory in this ring, you will then see that your only salvation will be death! But it will not be so simple, Ogre. They will raise you into one of the very Scourge that your people fear and despise so much! You will be forced to wander the lands for all eternity, your mind and consciousness still intact but your body bent to the will of our true lord! The Lich King comes, Ogre, and no amount of brustish strength will save you from his--"

"Shut up." Grauk words were simple but firm, his gigantic boot suddenly pushing the man's head down into the ground and cutting off his rantings. There was a sickening crunch, and the arena went silent.

"AND ONCE AGAIN, GRAUK THE ENFORCER SHOWS THE SCUM OF THE CULT OF THE DAMNED THAT THE MIGHT OF THE LIVING IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED!" A high-pitched voice belonging to Grezzaz boomed. The Goblin was perched up on a podium overlooking the arena, and acted as both Grauk's agent and his announcer. Grauk threw up his arms in victory to the crowd, who erupted with applause and cheers and Grezzaz continued, "REMEMBER, TO ALL OF THOSE WHO WOULD CONSPIRE TO DO HARM TO THE INNOCENT, WHETHER THEY BE OF THE SCOURGE, THE BURNING LEGION, OR JUST BANDITS LOOKING TO PILLAGE, GRAUK THE ENFORCER IS HERE TO DISH OUT HIS PARTICULAR BRAND OF JUSTICE TO YOU!"

Grauk smiled a bit as he walked out of the Gadgetzan arena and into the crowd of spectators. Grezzaz grinned as he saw them lavishing praise upon the Ogre and readied up his autographed sketch-tablets of Grauk the Enforcer, only 2 gold apiece.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Hmm, well, I certainly look forward to seeing if I get in or not. This server is very intriguing to me, and I think I would very much enjoy being a part of it.
Welcome to the server!
VOUCH!

I'm proud to present Hengis with his first vouch!

I had the chance to RP with his Orc, Skeraz, and my Orc, Morgar. I was impressed with his skills, and there's a certain charm about Skeraz. I was also glad to see that he remembered how Orcs respect their Shamans and Elders and whatnot, which I haven't seen yet. Either that or I haven't seen it apart from today, but regardless I was impressed he remembered! He plays an Orc very well, and he chose to be a bit of unique one, which I was definately pleased with. Aswell as that his spelling and all that jazz is flawless.

All in all, he's a great addition to the server, and hope he becomes a Grunt sooner rather than later!
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."