The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hero GMs
I was mulling over the idea of suggesting this, and finally came over the conclusion that it could be a nice idea. In every battle of the Warcraft 3 strategy game, there was a singular hero who led his or her brethren to battle. They were the greatest of their kind, singularly skilled fighters and casters.

My idea is that there be Hero GMs. These people would participate in the major battles of server events. They would have more health, more armor, and would do more damage than your average player by a fair amount. These would be particularly interesting in big boss fights, where they would be the one taking the brunt of the blow. They would have improved health, and ect, but not so much that they could single handedly take out the bosses of the events. The players would still need to do their part, but it could allow for more epic boss battles. Said GMs would be kind of like Akama in the Illidan fight in Black Temple. A powerful hero to aid against the bosses.

That being said, my idea for the exact details of how this would be done, is a GM with the ability to mod their health, damage, and armor, (limits of course could be put on this.) Also, another interesting part of this, could be giving them the ability to change their name, and looks, so they could role play various heroes of Warcraft lore, such as Thrall, without the mess of spawning the NPC Thrall, then having to clean up the mess. It would prevent the possibility of a glitched hero aiding the players, that say couldn't move. This would of course also require the command .learn, so they could have the abilities of said hero, but there would need to be a counter balance to that, such as a .unlearn, (don't know if that command exsists or not.)

Just an idea of mine.
Hammerfall: Paladin of the Light, head of the Hammer of Justice
Ragnarr: The Stormcaller, Elemental Shaman
DECEASED: Moriela: Evil Shadow Priestess
That sounds like a really good idea Hammer, I think it would be cool to see what would happen in an Rp with a "Hero" fighting.
Hmm, have you perhaps already noticed that players kind of already are Heroes?
Theoretically, people taking up the prestige classes/titles are going to be "heroes" of sorts.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Hmmm... true. Still, the part about not having glitched hero mobs would be nice.
Also, Rex, not really. If everyone has close to the same stats, (via da ring of doom,) then that means they're not really like heroes.
O.o

We are already doing this.
I have Tyrande rolled and available for RP. Other GMs have picked up other current faction leaders and are preparing them.

As far as having heroes, any character at any time can be a hero. Tuskan saved the children of Lakeshire when he was level 8. I find that pretty darn heroic. I do not believe that Overpowered players should be running into battles and making the contributions of the average leveled players obsolete.

Even in saying that, the title system will allow players to train and earn greater health, skills, and spells. However, with this comes a great responsibility as an RPer to maintain a level of modesty and maturity in RP situations where they may overpower the average player. This can actually be a hindrance to the player.

This isn't server where we want to say one person is more special than the rest. Currently the only characters that have anywhere near heroic powers are Farseer Kretol, and you'll notice he is responsible about not riding in and single handedly ending all RP possibilities by destroying the bad guys with one blow. The other is Kenji, who is currently a tool for the GMs to provide an evil presence on the server for the world to combat (or join).
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Hammerfall Wrote:Also, Rex, not really. If everyone has close to the same stats, (via da ring of doom,) then that means they're not really like heroes.

The Gift of the Farseer is an OOC item meant for use in OOC farming and gathering. It was never intended to be an In Character item. Maybe this has changed, I'll ask one of the other GMs to clarify, but this ring should not be used in IC situations or PvP.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
The Farseer's gift is indeed OOC.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I didn't realize you were already doing that. Ok, so you guys came up with the same ideas as me before I did. Also, they wouldn't be too highly OP, just a bit more powerful. Like I said, they wouldn't solo bosses. But, you've got most of it taken care of already that I posted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poll to consolidate all the requests for new hero classes Hammerfall 6 1,002 03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Qaza
  Hero Class Suggestions: Berserker and Sword Dancer xSTEVExCOREx 14 1,696 02-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Grakor456