The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hey there :)
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I see myself as an equal opportunist to all genre's. Ranging from FPS to RPG to Racing. I love them all similarly. Though deep down, I have picked favorites for RPGs, I just don't tell the other genre's that. I started WoW about 6 years ago without playing Warcraft. I hadn't heard of either of the games at the time until WoW was introduced to me. Before WoW, I used to play Neverwinter Nights and Role-played on there for about 4 years.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I come from the United States. I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into WoW via a friend about 6 years ago. They were playing it when I came over to their house one day and they asked if I had heard or played it, which I hadn't at the time. So they let me try the game out and I've been hooked since.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Found you from Google search. I had a list of Private Realms I was looking at and this one stood out the most with the community size.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all role-play, as long as it's not thrown out of proportion.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race in WoW would be Human. I know, boring, considering it's a fantasy game. But I find the lore of the Humans, to be that of great perseverance.

My Favorite class would be the Paladin because it's a class that can do it all, even though I have always just been a healer in games like these.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I like to go into new things with an open mind. Though I am hoping it's not a realm where the players that have been here longer just stick with the people they started with, where it can make a new player feel 'intimidated' to start RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect would be the one that pops out to me. It's great to see that as your number one rule on the page. Without respect, RP can go sour. Everyone has their own voice and opinion.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Thick, grey clouds hang over the small town of Valhill, bringing cold chills and snow to a place that hardly sees such weather. The frozen drops quickly blanket the streets and walkways with a thick coat of snow, causing the townsfolk to stay in homes. Except for one young girl.

She stands in her doorway, dressed from head to toe in her thickest, warmest clothing. She stares up at the clouds as the unusual weather persists, seemingly getting worse. The girl takes a few steps back into her home, looking around the corner and watches her parents fight for the last time. She quickly looks back at the door and begins to run out into the cold alone, looking to escape her old life, and create a new.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
N/A
Hello, Flight101, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can!

The paladin class is indeed a very expansive one, and there's a lot to explore with it. As for being a healer, I personally enjoy being the one who protects and heals when I'm playing a multiplayer game. I like the sense of emergency that brings to the situation. And I can say that this sense of emergency brings a nice dynamic to roleplay. With paladins having to fight, protect, and heal, there's a lot of duties that the character is held responsible for.

As for CotH having an intimidation factor, I can't say it does or does not. What I can say, however, is that if you like to go into new things with an open mind, then I think you'll fit in well.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]