The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hi, Hello.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Roleplaying is my first love. As long as there is RP present, I'm willing to forgive a huge amount of flaws in a game. I've only played a little bit of WoW over the years for various reasons, but the amount of lore the world has astounds me, and I can't wait to play among people who are dedicated to RP.

I've been RPing for about uh... Ten years now. It started out as chatroom RP, then through MSN and forums, then to MUDs and then to MMOs.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm Australian, so I speak Australian. Some people call it English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A roleplayer friend of mine invited me to the game. Unfortunately, his server was Moon Guard. I'm sure I don't need to say too much more.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I was looking for private RP servers. There were a couple, but this one seems the most enthusiastic about RP, and that's what I'm looking for, really.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Most kinds. I enjoy political RP the most, and as such, I tend to play 'advisor'-like characters or characters that prefer to stay back from the frontlines of the action. Strategists, merchants, nobles and the like.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood elves are definitely my favourite race. It's a bit silly, I suppose, but I love how tragic their back story is. A lot can be done with it to subvert the grim, brooding type of character that might become stereotyped with such a background. As for class, I enjoy support roles, so priest it is.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Lots of RP! So much that my head hurts from reading text and when I close my eyes I see scrolling lines of it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule detailing humility. I think among creative communities, it can be hard to remember that we are all (those exercising their positions as moderators/administrators excepted) equals. I believe having a rule about it goes a long way to ensuring everyone has fun.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Spoiler:
Raindrops fell lightly on the dark grey coat that covered my dull-coloured clothes as I walked through some godforsaken backalley, my eyes flitting back and forth as I stared at the buildings, all varying shades of well-lit crimson. Course, that was only for my peepers. The blotches of blood on the ground were a slightly darker shade of crimson, but I didn't need to see them to know they were there. The acrid, metallic sting of its scent was stronger than the decomposing garbage in the huge dumpsters that lined the alley. Again, my nose only. The smell grew sharper, more demanding as I felt something warmer, heavier than rain drop into my shaggy red hair. I gingerly patted at the spot, my hand coming away with a reeking, dark crimson splatter of what could only be blood.

Shit.

I managed to dodge the demon as it landed where I was standing, far more gracefully than a thing of its looks should have. Claws, sharp, dripping with the blood of the poor b***h who crossed its path 10 minutes ago. I slid the trusty dagger from my left hip, hilt in my right hand as the bastard looked up at me, moving its jaws in apparent shock, as if to say, 'I missed?' Not all demons can be evil geniuses. I smirked as it made a sound like a frustrated puppy. Well, a frustrated puppy that was five feet tall at the shoulder and had swallowed a sack of gravel.

Then it lunged at me. I dived out of the way once more, but sorely miscalculated, and I mean sorely in the most literal sense possible. There was a dull thunk as my head hit the galvanised steel of a dumpster, then my body bounced and I landed against the brick wall on the opposite side of the alley, crumpling into a sort of black and red pool of failure as the beast turned with tiny little dancer steps to face me. It had missed twice, and it was pissed. Satan doesn't teach his little devils patience, I guess. It opened its mouth, a tongue far, far too long slapping against the ground, dragging as it moved toward me. It's face, god, it's face... I'm not even gonna try to describe it. Picture the ugliest thing you can imagine, shove eyes as black as charred meat in it and finish it off with needle-like teeth and four paws with serrated claws. And it smelt like blood. Once, just once, I want some ugly bastard to smell like donuts.

Its chompers widened hungrily as it stood over me, the rows of teeth in its mouth visible in the crimson light. I shoved my right hand in there, jamming the dagger into the top of its mouth. The dagger glowed bright enough to leave an afterimage on my retina as I closed my eyes, uncurled my fingers from the daggers hilt and opened my hand wide in its mouth, feeling burning, demonic saliva slide over my fingers. I didn't care. I focused will, rage, anger, dark feelings into my hand. Then boom. Fire, guts, blood and flesh erupted about my hand, plastering me in the foul stuff. Sometimes, being able to create small explosions sucks.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope the story wasn't too over the top.
Hey there! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Daligh!

The story wasn't over the top, it was very interesting, actually! Thanks for sharing it! I felt rather disappointed to have seen where it ended, if only because I really wanted to read more, heh. :) Thank you very much for sharing that with us!

I'd suggest giving the server rules and policies a few look-overs, to get an idea of what our rules and expectations are.

All over the forums, we've got all sorts of articles and guides for quick-reading just in case you're not too familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips when you're creating a character.

Once you're in-game, I suggest doing /join Chat (for OOC talk) and /join Barrens (for silly banter)! If you have any questions at all, you can ask me or any other Forum Helper or GM. Asking around in-game works as well, should you not be on the forums at the time!

As soon as you get everything figured out and you're lurking around in-game, you should type in .help to see what kind of commands you can use to help you set up before roleplaying. You can spawn your own gear in, open your bank from anywhere, and unlock every flight location.

We hope you enjoy your stay here!
Yes... more Australians to join the cause... one day we will take over all of CotHland!
I mean, uh, welcome fellow Australian!
The Artist Formerly Known as Mickspider!