The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hi there! A couple questions
First post in the forum! Well, aside the introduction... You might recognize me as the weird orc shaman who's been sitting around the OOC zone for the last couple days...
I swear I'll get the courage to ask one of you for RP one day.
Eventually.
I've got a couple questions that have been floating around my head for a while... well, at least one has.

1- What are the boundaries on what healers can -and cannot- do in CotH? Given that IC death is semi-permanent in the server (resurrection having permanent drawbacks, and in some cases being impossible IE. suicide and death-by-alt) I assume resurrecting abilities are the first thing off-limits, but what about everything below? Are healers restricted ICly to natural/classic medicine in the line of what was done in the Middle Ages, only slighty more effective when used along the Light/spirit of water/nature/etc? Or are they able to mend the wounds of their partners mid-battle with their magic, as in-game? Could a character who is experienced enough, say, regrow another's missing limbs? I tried to find some info in the wiki but didn't find anything relevant, or maybe I didn't look hard enough -u-U

2- I was going to have a speech-impaired, below average in skill but benevolent orc shaman (Aknug) as my first character here, but I was told that was too complex for a starter toon. I'm in no way a newcomer to roleplay, but I am quite new to WoW's setting, so I was told to start with something easier, more akin the lines of an elf or human civilian. The problem is that said races don't really pick my interest... and I admit I'm usually bored by civilian characters in any setting. Is there any kind of... 'right' way to enter the RP world in CotH? Bad wording, I know, but I would like to read your thoughts.
Quote:I swear I'll get the courage to ask one of you for RP one day.

Consider myself asked. Toon list in my signature. Hi! I am Psychyn and I'm an altoholic!

I can not answer the first, as I feel somebody else will do it better. I can comment on this:

Quote:Is there any kind of... 'right' way to enter the RP world in CotH?

I'd say there is no right way, what may help however is rolling a social toon. Social does not have to mean neutral. Social is a toon that walks up to everyone and just talks to them, whether it's a civilian or hardened soldier because everyone is a little social creature deep inside. (Even the forsaken!) While it might be hard to get RP going at first, throw out a comment such as "Great weather, huh?" or related. I know, you feel as if it sucks, literally but you'd be amazed with how fast you can spark up conversation! (Though your character idea sounds alright!)
To answer your first question; resurrections are allowed, but they take multiple people, and afterwards, the person being resurrected will probably be fatigued for weeks on end, maybe even confused. Those doing the resurrection are going to be feeling fatigued for awhile as well. They are bringing back people from the dead, y'know. As far as I know, you can grow back limbs and heal while in battle. But your character is going to be feeling really fatigued. Heck, they might even collapse out of sheer exhaustion if they do enough. Of course, you may have to work with broken bones, depending on the injury. I believe there's a "snap and heal" technique most healers use. Where they put the bone back in place and do their work. (Person being healed may or may not struggle, depending.)

To answer the second...Race has nothing to do with ease. It's all about the character. I myself would say go for your idea. It sounds good to me.
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
For your second Q, I don't think that's a "hard" character to start out with! :) I'll come back to the first one in abit.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Quote:I was told that was too complex for a starter toon.

What? No. Play what you want. The concept is perfectly fine for a character, 'starting character' or otherwise.

On healing... We are free to make use of magic in combat, which is good for healing minor wounds such as bruising and small cuts. Regrowing limbs is a no-no in general (I think that counts as Miracle, correct me if I'm wrong). Ressurection is not off-limits but isn't something you cast in combat then get back to fightin'. It takes a long time to complete IC and is very draining.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
(12-10-2012, 03:25 PM)Psychyn Wrote: Consider myself asked. Toon list in my signature. Hi! I am Psychyn and I'm an altoholic!

That would be lovely! Once I see you in-game, I'll let you know!

(12-10-2012, 03:27 PM)Vladdy Wrote: As far as I know, you can grow back limbs and heal while in battle. But your character is going to be feeling really fatigued.

(12-10-2012, 03:31 PM)Zhaei Wrote: Regrowing limbs is a no-no in general (I think that counts as Miracle, correct me if I'm wrong).

Wait, I'm getting a bit of mixed messages here. Is it possible, or not? Maybe it just takes lots of time and preparation like with ressing people?

As for the last question... I'm actually rather relieved to hear that. I had already gotten into the mindset of my character and having to create another one that I enjoy enough to roleplay while being so limited in my choices was kind of sapping away my will to RP. Thanks for your clarifications :)
Your name has a striking resemblance to another player's username... O.o
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(12-11-2012, 06:54 AM)Xigo Wrote: Your name has a striking resemblance to another player's username... O.o

...Does it?

8,D I'm a noob here and this is the same username I use in just about everything so I wouldn't know.
In-game characters
Aknug

And if you're bored, take a look at my good ol' gallery and say hi!
(warning; nonensical sketches)
Er, pardon my typo! You can't grow back limbs in battle. But you can heal while in battle.
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
Well hey there! Good to see someone new being active on the forums! :D

I'm afraid I can't answer your first question with utmost certainty in my answers, but to echo other people's answers with my two cents, as far as I know you cannot grow limbs back. On the other hand, I would think that if the limb itself was recovered, it could be mended back onto where it was torn away. Of course if either means are acceptable, it would probably take a very, very large amount of effort and time. Otherwise, healing by magic and/or classic medicine is definitely allowed, as long as they are met with a decent bit of realism. Things can vary between roll fights and freestyle RP, so it never hurts to ask the people you're RPing with what they would consider acceptable, too.

On your second question, I think it's a fine starter character! (Ohey I've seen you running around OOC uehehe~) Not many people seem to play Orcs often, and it's always nice to see people that give them some love. I don't think there's an "easier" race to play, it all depends on the character. If you're knowlegeable with the lore and are comfortable playing the character, then by all means.

If you still have doubts, you can always PM a GM, and there are also a good number of articles and guides that you can always refer to, as well as information on the Wiki.

Annnd...you're always more than welcome to poke me for RP! c: I'm always shy about asking for it too, but hey.;; You can either PM me here or whisper me in-game if you see Volli/Larshka/Cebrisae running about.

P.S. Your art. It pleases me. 8U *High-fives for another artist!*
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
I don't think heals have a real limit, but you should RP accordingly to "realism."

You could heal almost any cut or such with simply magic or potions, no big deal, though if a player got his arm chopped off, I think it'd require both magic and potions at a much higher level than usually and a tiny bit less than resurecting.

As for my priestress she's forced to use potions to heal people because she sucks at magic.

Also for your character, its more than fine. My own priestress is a childish, idiotic and totally unskilled priest though it makes her able to get along in many RP situations and is quite fun to play. I love to play anti-heroes and it appears you do too, you'll see its not that hard.
Yorrick Von Überwald - Night-Watch member, Alliance soldier, Worgen hunter, adventurer and cuddly mass of muscles and fangs at times.

All dem alts :
Altaally - Super spacegoat from planet Baaaa with hooves that makes "clip-clop".
Emily Arlendel - "Have you heard about the Light yet?" Missionnary and doctor.
Nilsaanai Silverwhisper - Priestess in training and fully clothed elf.
Julia Torl - "Bar fight!" Brawler, brat and inactive charact-.. Eh, oops.
Eleanor Sunbloom - A mage who has no problem passing through doors.
Chayton Thornhands - George, George, George of the Jungle...

Here lies :
Kalisha Lokar, Deacon of the Church of the Holy Light. Wanna be everybody's friend.
Seems like your questions have been answered. All I can do is welcome you on CoTH. Welcome~
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
(12-10-2012, 03:18 PM)Hyenasaurus Wrote: 2- I was going to have a speech-impaired, below average in skill but benevolent orc shaman (Aknug) as my first character here, but I was told that was too complex for a starter toon. I'm in no way a newcomer to roleplay, but I am quite new to WoW's setting, so I was told to start with something easier, more akin the lines of an elf or human civilian. The problem is that said races don't really pick my interest... and I admit I'm usually bored by civilian characters in any setting. Is there any kind of... 'right' way to enter the RP world in CotH? Bad wording, I know, but I would like to read your thoughts.

May I ask how and why this orc is speech impaired? That might help us to more easily determine how "easy" this concept is.

And, the thing to remember about shamanism "skill" is that it isn't skill, like it is for a mage. Remembering formulas, or incantations. It has everything to do with an orc's faith in the spirits, and the spirits' willingness to work with the orc. It's all a big bargain.

Also, my recent main iiiis...an orc shaman! Orvisha, the awkward artist hippy. Hello thar.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate