The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hilda's Indroduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been role-playing for most of my adult life, though admittedly, I still consider myself a novice. I was introduced to WoW a little less than 4 years ago when I was in university. My boyfriend wanted me to get into it, and I decided give it a try. I really loved playing the game for the thrill of going from level to level, and progressing with my character, forging their story and molding their look. I realized this was eating up a majority of my time during school. In the span of one week, I played three and a half days worth of the game. I decided it wasn't right to go on like that, so I quit, cold turkey. I recently finished up school and decided to put myself back into the game.

Before I quit playing, I started to have an interest into role-playing within the game, and wanted to make a new character. I never had a chance to do that however, due to the time constraints of school, causing me to quit. Now that I'm back into the game, I wanted to get right into the role-play scene and have a little fun with it. I like to immerse myself in my characters to the point where I feel like I am them, and have lived through all their experiences. In what I have read so far with others, I feel like this would be the perfect community to join in on having a little fun making a giant story, as it were.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am from Canada (Southwestern Ontario), and my primary language is English. I have been learning German on and off for the last year, so I know a few keys terms here and there.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

When as I was growing up, I always had a low end IBM computer with next to no hardware to play any games (It couldn't even run Roller Coaster Tycoon without freezing). So I would always be playing computer games at my friends house. That is where I really got into Warcraft 2, since I enjoyed strategy games to death, like Command & Conquer.

So after a few years, my family upgraded little from that crappy little IBM into a slightly less crappy IBM. It still couldn't run a lot of games, but it would run Warcraft 2, so I played the game nonstop, enjoying every minute of it. While I wasn't much into the lore at the time, I still loves how alive the game was compared to the dingy, realistic look of C&C.

Another few years pass and our family upgrades computers once again, allowing me to play Warcraft 3. That's where I got into the lore a little more and watch the decay of Arthas from pretty much Jesus, all the way to becoming the Lich King. The Cinematics that came along with it certainly helped visualize the look and feel of the story, but the actual game helped a lot more, making me form a bond with the characters, and their history.

When World of Warcraft finally came out, I actually wasn't very interested in playing it. Though there were a few factors into why I wasn't interested. First, there was the fact I had a computer that could never run something like it. Plus, my family was a little on the poor side, just barely above the poverty line, so I would never be able to afford such an expensive gaming habit. So it pretty much was away from my mind for years up until I finally got a computer that could run almost any game on the highest settings. Quite a leap from the crappy IBM my family would always buy. All that was needed was a little motivation to get the game. Then walks in my boyfriend, who was into everything fantasy, from WoW to D&D to Neverwinter Nights. Then it started from there, but ended quite fast, game wise, due to school.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I was actually refereed here by another user, from a different role-playing site when I said I was interested in doing a little role-play in WoW.

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:

Anything involving a group dynamic. I always enjoy doing things in groups, because I think it always makes things better. Both in real life and role-playing. The pleasure I get is from having others enjoy my company when I make the scene more exciting and immerse. So something like questing becomes a whole lot more fun when the group acts out how their character would act in a certain situation.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I would have to say the human race, haha. Pretty dull, don't you think? The truth is, since I am human myself, I can relate to them a lot more, and know their social aspects and all that jazz. Humans have a long history of war, culture shifts, and influence over the rest of the world to the point where you couldn't cover it all in a single lifetime, and I think that's pretty special.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Honestly? I expect a community of storytellers coming together to make a believable experience to make playing this game a lot more fun than it already is. I think this is the right community to expect that sort of immersion.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Keyboard skills. Now I'm not talking about writing long posts in a short amount of time. I'm talking about using proper punctuation and capitalization. I consider myself a pretty patient person, so I never get angry over how long someone is taking to make a post. Proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation goes a long way for how much I respect you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Hilda had finally conquered her mightiest foe, Bradshaw. She was out for his number for many years, constantly slipping from between her fingers. Finally this time, he had nowhere to run. As she stood above him, his body a bloody mess, he had a smirk painted on his face. Hilda raised her eyebrow in confusion, finally letting out a commanding tone. "What are you smiling about, fool? You have been defeated and are seconds away from your death. You should be begging for your life." Bradshaw sat up against the wall nearby as he chuckled. "You call me a fool, while you stand there, completely unguarded?"

Hilda hears a swipe as she quickly turns around, swinging her rapier with ease and precision. After a few seconds, one of Bradshaw's goons falls to the floor, dead as dead could be. She gives off a little cheer in her mind before turning back towards Bradshaw. "You think you could catch me off my game, old man? You obviously haven't been taking any notes." She blinked in confusion as she noticed that Bradshaw was nowhere to be seen. She gives of a little sigh as she throws her sword towards the open door. Another few seconds go by and another loud thud hits the floor. Bradshaw was not getting away this time, as he laid there, completely lifeless.

Hilda walks up as she pulls her sword out of his dead body, as she makes her way out of the door. "Not this time, old man. This time, I end it for good." She makes her way out of his quarters as she runs into the rest of Bradshaw's goons, ready to dice her into mince meat. Hilda chuckles as she lifts her sword, pointing it to the closest goon. "Don't you boys ever learn? You can't take on perfection." As soon as the last word left her mouth, a series of loud slices litter the air as she kills each and every one of Bradshaw's henchmen. After all was done, she sheathed her bloody sword. "Too Easy." She walked off Bradshaw's ship and looked for her next challenge.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I think everything has been clearly defined in the rules and guidelines. Nice work everyone! Beer
Hey there, HildaJager, and welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Make sure to check our rules and policies if you haven't already, or again if you already have! If you need help with creating your first character, check out the Creating a Character section on our wiki and our articles and guides subforum. They're all super useful for getting a feel of our server's roleplay style and chock full of useful information.

Once you get in-game, make sure to /join chat (for general chat and talk) and /join barrens (for banter and fun). If you have any questions, send a message to one of our GMs or Forum Helpers.

Again, welcome!
Zhaei
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Took you long enough!

Now we just need to sort out getting you in game.
[Image: B2hmvU1.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Indroduction... ZranDragh 2 879 03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Last Post: xAnimaSola
  Hello, my indroduction! Sanni 1 505 12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos