The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hiya!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
As a player, I'm a story-based RPer, with a focus on creating a cooperative narrative over a competitive experience. I tend to create short back stories, and add details as they warrant, to expand the character as the experiences of the story bring new flesh to the old ideas.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Started in High School, during Burning Crusade. My first day on, ended up in a four-hour roleplay as someone rp'ed showing me around the opening areas and helping me with my initial quests, which has always left a greater sense of inclusion and quality than my later experiences in main-WoW suggest.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I had found an RP server, but they had absolutely no PVE, which diminishes what I can do if no one is on, or what can be done while setting up an RP, in my opinion. This morning, I set out to search for a new server, and ended up finding a blog called "Earthshaker Hold", and took the advice of the writer to come here and take a look.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Long-term, if that's an option. I prefer to roleplay a character from opening to logical conclusion, however long that may take. I like emotional stories, though not always romance nor drama-laden. Pairs or groups are fine, as are taverns for quiet moments, or in the field for more hectic ones.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a tie for me, in both categories. I'm a fan of humans because I can easily understand the experiences and reactions that lead to where a character begins, but also a fan of orcs because they aren't THAT different, but have a more.. primal sense of the world. For class, I love Warlocks because of the idea of harnessing darkness to help others, but tend to play Warrior or Rogue, because I prefer playing a more direct and honest character, in action at the very least. In retail, I've had the most luck with a Hunter, but not really a fan of fighting at range.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a group of people who are accommodating to new players, or at the very least willing to talk to them, while also understanding the occasional spotting of a Warrior running through the back drop of their RP, smacking the stupid out of wild beasts.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The wonder-twin-powers of Maturity and Humility, which really encapsulate most social and collective rules, not just the ones listed in addition here. Alone, they can be seen as detriments to a game centered around make-believe and, often, power fantasy, but combined they remind us that while we are to behave like respectful adults toward one another, we should also not take ourselves so seriously, nor make this game more important in our lives than it is.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
From something I'm working on~
The world is dark and close and humid and fills his lungs with dust and sour wood as he draws the first breath through his teeth. The skin crawls and his heart rebels as his arms refuse to move, pressed to his side as his hands rise to strike a low ceiling just above his frantic and raggedly quivering chest. For a long moment he’s unsure if his eyes are open or closed, until the dust settles across his darting pupils and make him tense to painful levels, arching and trying to curl on himself as if about to gag roughly.

Lungs turgid, heart clenched in an angry fist at the center of him as he quakes uncontrollably, unable to get leverage to exert any force against any side of his rough and wooden coffin. Outside the box, a rough scraping sound that sends images of late night slasher movies dancing over his inner vision. Inside, he flails, almost rolling himself in the box to and fro as he tries to gain some kind of purchase, some kind of chance to escape, his skin burning hotly as he clenches and cries, fingertips beginning to tear on the rough and untreated wood.

Everything stops. Heart pulse breathing sound all come to an instant ending with the hard sharp appearance of the shovel tip under the lid of the box, letting thin trails of milk-white moonlight dance between the dust. A long moment passes, unable to speak or breathe but impossible to move in fear this is the reaper come to claim his own. The spade twists, the wood squealing awkwardly before the sounds of nails popping free roll down the walls of the box lifting the lid higher to show a crippled and tattered ceiling overhead that has fallen to such a state that the moons stares unblinkingly full down on the tableau.

The shovel drops, bobbing as the lid refuses to let it drop a moment, the handle scraping on the gravel as a shadow passes through the light of the moon. A rap rap rap on the lid of the coffin and a voice smooth as silk but hard as steel slides through the gap.

“I turned the handle, boy. Can you open the door?”

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
It should be stated that my primary influences as a writer, gm, and roleplayer, are horror and mystery, and that a lot of my inspiration comes from Lovecraft and Barker, with a dash of Doyle and Machen, and a particular love for Victorian sci-fi and structure. My characters tend to be at least a little broken, and rarely intended, nor expected to receive, a happy ending.
Hello there, MizukoSukebe! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Lovecraft? :D Wonderful!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Welcome!

[Image: 1826%20-%20animated_gif%20kamijou_touma%..._index.gif]

I find your name appropriate for this gif.
Thanks for the welcomes! Just trying to patch to 4.3.4 so I can get online now. ^.^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mok'ra (Hiya ^_^) Leppender 6 1,038 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Spiky
  That Damn Dwarf! Hiya all! DragonHunter 1 634 05-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Hiya I guess! Shizazzle 7 1,334 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Harmonic