11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 430
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3002
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86046
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2576
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Horde vs Alliance
Basically, I am just throwing this suggestion out to the world, for someone to pick up, because I am bad at managing.

Horde vs Alliance RP

-Where in the love of the light?-
Did this go? everyone are natural, people like it that way, but the horde vs alliance tension is gone, no more!

Deadeye watcher? someone!? Lion hearted?
This is a good roleplay idea! I think
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stealthscout's post:
  • PhilGobatto
PM
I plan to have the Blood Knights bash their heads against some Alliance types soon enough. Stay tuned!
PM
Oh! this is what I like to see! :D
PM
True. I don't see the Deadeye getting in skirmishes with the Ash Wardens (or whatever they're called now) anymore.
I liked the kind of tension there was when we RPed in Ashenvale, when Alliance people eventually walked into the Horde's group. ...I think my dwarf used to support the orcs in some occasions because of his hatred for the elven race.

Anyways, yes, the Horde vs Alliance thing should be even more active now that we're on Cata, with Garrosh sending his armies everywhere. We should invest on doing that. Is there any active guild aimed towards this kind of RP?
PM
I do miss Horde versus Alliance as well. It's some of the best roleplay you can find. Eighty per cent of my characters are not racist, but they Alliance-affilated and hate their opposite faction.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lho5ae3Fu31qe94fqo1_400.gif]
PM
(05-24-2013, 12:33 AM)Stealthscout Wrote: Basically, I am just throwing this suggestion out to the world, for someone to pick up, because I am bad at managing.

Horde vs Alliance RP

-Where in the love of the light?-
Did this go? everyone are natural, people like it that way, but the horde vs alliance tension is gone, no more!

Deadeye watcher? someone!? Lion hearted?
This is a good roleplay idea! I think

...It didn't go anywhere. The playerbase just isn't sure how to implement it at the moment.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Quote: True. I don't see the Deadeye getting in skirmishes with the Ash Wardens (or whatever they're called now) anymore.

PvP is, uh, somethin' that needs to be handled delicately, in general. The random skirmishes fell off, I suppose, because there aren't any Horde players hanging around for idle RP in Splintertree anymore. Something about night elf sieges maybe. :P

As c0r said, though, we're still trying to figure out where we stand, lore-wise as well as player/event-wise. Don't worry, we'll get there!
PM
I remember, late last year (last 4 months) there was a stretch where some Horde would show up in Ashenvale, some Night Elves would, they'd meet, fight, go home and RP some more. Nothing big, just people meeting up with a desire to fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingSquirrel's post:
  • PhilGobatto
PM
While Alliance vs Horde is lovely, and there are plenty of battlegrounds to cut down your enemy, don't forget about the problems at home. Garrosh and Varian have plenty of troops to send at each other, but Northshire/Durotar have problems to fix, too. Don't forget your people!

Spoiler:
Soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mathias's post:
  • Jonoth
PM
Horde versus alliance rp can be very hard to pull off. Mostly because both sides want to be the one that wins and most of the time no one is actually looking out for the over all story that's being told and making sure its fun for both sides. Same goes for ally my experience with any kind of rp where there are two sides going head to head over something. Both sides end up finding winning more important than the fun of the story.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like therew's post:
  • Piken, Grogloki, Stealthscout, Jonoth, CappnRob, Ormica
PM
(05-25-2013, 05:55 AM)therew Wrote: Horde versus alliance rp can be very hard to pull off. Mostly because both sides want to be the one that wins and most of the time no one is actually looking out for the over all story that's being told and making sure its fun for both sides. Same goes for ally my experience with any kind of rp where there are two sides going head to head over something. Both sides end up finding winning more important than the fun of the story.

Now that, is true.
No one ever likes losing. Like someone in history said... (I think)

Well, we cannot go and brain wash everyone to start liking the story more than the whole thing of winning.

Spoiler:
Or can we?
PM
Horde vs Alliance rp does not need to be PVP RP (which can get very cluttered and problematic because of both sides wanting to win, not to mention the lack of death can be a little strange). We usually have GMs run player vs NPC events with missions for Horde v Alliance.
(05-25-2013, 09:27 AM)Wuvvums Wrote: Horde vs Alliance rp does not need to be PVP RP (which can get very cluttered and problematic because of both sides wanting to win, not to mention the lack of death can be a little strange). We usually have GMs run player vs NPC events with missions for Horde v Alliance.

Yeah, it really looked weird with no deaths at all, but people seemed to be alright with that. The problem is that nobody wants their characters to die, and even maiming would make it hard for them to have more PvP RPs in the future, with that character. So everybody just got injured, and healed after one of the sides was forced to retreat.
(Oh God, there could even be some prisoner RP with that... Someone could be left behind, wounded...)

And about the player vs NPC events, we still have that. But I think that what people really miss are the player vs player RPs.
PM
I don't know if this was said before, but the main problem with Horde v Ally issssss

Population! Mostly when I log in I see from 10 to 25 players online, and it's really unbalanced between Horde and Ally RPs, so picking a side is just unfair. For an instance, we rarely see Draenei folks, or Dwarf folks online, forcing the players that actually -do- play those races to play neutral, so they can actually RP their favourite Race.

That's what I think, though.
To make mistakes is part of Being a Human. That's why I play as Blood Elf.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest check: Horde; An expanding fortress. Spiky 21 945 02-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Last Post: muhaha8