The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

How to female druid, for night elves.
But there are always exceptions to the rules.

I do not get why you are this against the possibility of female druids existing for longer than the nine year period. If you are so against it...Then don't make one, don't RP with them. It is easy as that.

That is what I've had to do with characters I felt were against lore or didn't make sense.

Anyways.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
While I was originally with the opinion of "NO FEMALE NELF DRUIDS BEFORE WOW!", I suppose I do indeed have to take into account that there may be exceptions, as expressed in the thread. As long as it's actually touched on why they may have been a druid for longer than since shortly before WoW began, I suppose it shouldn't be too bad.
That said, ideally most people will want to adhere to more common lore.
Why is this becoming so problematic with players?

I luff u gais. I had an idea for RP that I wanted to make because I luff RPing with you guys.

So I made it. Or tried to. D:
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
And this is exactly what I didn't want. This is honestly not an attack on anyone, which is why I posted it where I did. If it feels like one, there are no words with which I can adequately express my contrition.
I am very sorry.

I was just trying to provide legitimate information for people who were confused on the issue.
(11-16-2011, 12:43 PM)Reese777 Wrote: Why is this becoming so problematic with players?

I luff u gais. I had an idea for RP that I wanted to make because I luff RPing with you guys.

So I made it. Or tried to. D:

We luff u silly Reesefaise.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
People play female druids.

People play cuddily Tauren shamans that love warlocks.

People play Draenei that fall for overtly evil Warlockish Forsaken.

People play Night elves that fall for Orcs.

People play Dwarves that hate alcohol.

People play Orcs that love hugs.

People play. What people play. Like it, or not.
I can see your point, just to start off. Female druids before the third war were intended to be rare and sometimes unheard of. It is something I question when I see it in a profile and often ask them to expand on how they gained the training and how they were treated by peers as a result for going against the social norm.

As much as I understand this, I also know that not everyone followed such a stigma. Just as with our own society, not everyone conforms as soon as a new law is posted, hence why we have protests. There is nothing stopping a father from teaching his daughters the art. There is nothing stopping a female from speaking up with interest about the subject and a male shrugging off the laws and teaching her anyway.

I'm fine with a concept so long as people understand how it would have affected the characters history. A female druid would be looked down upon by not only her male peers, but the female ones for doing such a 'boy thing'.

While we want to follow lore, we don't want to add too many restrictions. We want imaginations to run wild as to what a character could be, thus loop-holes are allowed within reason. I personally would rather read a profile of a female druid who overcame the taunting of others for her path choice than generic profile #50 of a female druid who trained after the 3ed war.
If anyone knows me, they know how I've always... disliked Female Druids. Why? Well, I've never been able to find an example of a father training a daughter. However, I can see where the personality comes in, and often don't dwell on this too much. However, in the words of the famous Pooleh (or something along these lines); 'People will follow lore to write their profile, but the minute it gets in their way, they'll begin to complain about their freedoms'.
Quote:Well, I've never been able to find an example of a father training a daughter.

Characters have life. Personalities. They feel love, hate, compulsion, and can act out against any social stigma they wish. Just because one can't find court-worthy evidence that O.J. Simpson was actually guilt, it's more than plausible. It's actually -implausible- to assume that he wasn't. It's a similar situation here, where there isn't something that states, "Female Kal'dorei <X> was raised by <Y> and taught by <Z> relative," but that doesn't mean that for it -not- to happen would be less likely than for it to.

For example, my aunt's husband is a plumber. There's a social stigma against women being plumbers, but despite this, he loved his daughter and taught her the inner workings of plumbing, and she decided, "Hey. I like this. My father likes it. I have a natural ability with it, that I can culture if I really pursue it." Now she's a professional plumber in northern California and lives a happy, fulfilling life despite odd looks when she shows up at someone's home with a toolbox.

Differences happens. Not everyone conforms, especially a former spell caster who was forced into Druidism by an oppressive and sexist dual dictatorship in the form of Malfurion and Tyrande.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Which is why I included the sentence after the one you quoted. Next time, if you're going to try to make me seem insensitive, then try to include the whole paragraph.

Anyways, leaving the thread. I can already figure I won't like how this turns out.
I'm sorry if that that's the way you interpreted the post, I didn't mean to single you out by any means, nor try to make you seem 'insensitive'. I found a quote that sums up a major facet of the opposition's arguments, and used it to rebound my ideas off of.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Why is this even turning into a shitstorm? If you can justify your reasons for your character is whatever for however for whenever, then what's the problem? Who the hell caaaaaaares? I just saw this topic as more detailed information on Night Elf druids, nothing more or less.

And FlyingSquirrel, if your basis for disliking something is that is explicitly does not exist in lore (as opposed to explicitly forbidden in lore), then a lot of us RPers would be shit out of luck for our characters and guilds. I don't recall a matchmaking service existing anywhere in Warcraft lore, so should we shoot down The Love Exchange?
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Further on that, this thread seems to've been an escalating spiral of misunderstanding, each person electing to express their personal views on the subject and highlighting specific excerpts from various posts to do so. The original poster had touched on very few of the points we've highlighted and focused our discussion upon, I think, with the business altogether being built on replying to replies.

...Though this is how threads (and knitting) work, and the accuracy of this casual analysis is questionable...

I don't know. Perhaps my pilot opinion was that we weren't as productive as we could be, in regards to refining what was meant to be a lore article.
I'm wondering, where would a female druid - before the ban on female druidism was lifted - have learnt her craft, and most importantly when (further than the dozen of years that just passed of course).
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(11-18-2011, 08:52 AM)Holynexus Wrote: I'm wondering, where would a female druid - before the ban on female druidism was lifted - have learnt her craft, and most importantly when (further than the dozen of years that just passed of course).

Her father.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The eternal war of Trolls and Elves. FlyingSquirrel 0 1,157 09-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Blood Elves and Fel Vagabond 14 6,700 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Druid Stuff Bingles 20 4,000 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Kira13
  Another Druid Sect? FlyingSquirrel 10 2,603 08-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Dae