FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads
User Map
IRC Chat
Voicechat Status

[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Touchseed
09-06-2017 07:11 AM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 36500
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this time around...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 96860
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39827
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31360
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25383

[-]
Who's On-line
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

I am Candlejack, and so can yo-
For those of you who don't understand the joke you've seen myself and others going on about in /Chat, here you are, the joke revealed in this link to a youtube video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NkGVhmw7x9Q

What is Candlejack?
Candlejack is a character that appeared in an episode of an old show called "Freakazoid!" that aired on Cartoon Network (maybe other networks aswell, I am unaware as to the others if so). What does he do? Watch the video :P.

I would like to state that I am in no way trying to justify or condone the actions of myself and others that cracked this joke at inappropriate times in inappropriate places- I simply made this topic for those who haven't seen this show (and thusly don't get the joke) so that they may understand it.
There's always a bigger fish...
PM
For people that don't want to waste ten minutes of their lives watching a cartoon... ;-)

Freakazoid! is a comedy cartoon that is generally a parody of various super-hero cartoons. Much of the humor is derived from Freakazoid's unconventional ways of solving problems, as well as his general insanity (and the cluelessness of those around him.) Its brand of humor is, IMO, fairly similar to cartoons like the Animaniacs, featuring general craziness with several pop-culture and celebrity references that may end up flying above the heads of children viewers.

The main plot of the episode in question involves Candlejack, a sort of boogey-man that kidnaps anyone who says his name. Most of the humor involves the general cluelessness and stupidity of the kids and characters in the camp, who all inevitably end up saying Candlejack's name and end up getting kidnapped and strung along on Candlejack's rope. This sort of explains the latest joke, though I'd like to note that never in the cartoon does Candlejack actually kidnap someone in the middle of his/her sentence.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
Grak, Animaniacs and Freakazoid were produced by the same company, as was Pinky and the Brain. That would explain the similar joke styles.

I admit far more fondness for the above mentioned cartoons than most of the other Saturday morning stuff I grew up with.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
This was one of my all-time favorite cartoons growing up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YXtQTzJKikg

Can you feel the thunder inside!
PM
Oh wow, I haven't seen that show in so so very long. Watched it near every day though, long ago.. I loved it! Good times, good times.
Jivundus: Unbound Fury
Gwendolyna: Priestess of the Light
Clauda: Master Smith and Smiter of Kneecaps
PM
Candlejack in freakazoid! was actually based on a boogeyman type figure, aptly named Candlejack. He had a 'bloodymary' type story to it, (oddly enough, bloodymary came from my little town), except he was a demon that lived in a basement, and if you said his name, he dragged you down there, and murdered you.

I may be getting my stuff wrong, but meh, I know it's based somewhere along those lines.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
If you say Biggie Smalls three times to a mirror he comes to your room and busts a cap in yo face.
PM
Biggie smalls can't compare to Candlejack, I mean, look, he's got a
I am your DIGNITY

Because you have none.
PM
Bishnak Wrote:If you say Biggie Smalls three times to a mirror he comes to your room and busts a cap in yo face.
True story. Happened to my cousin's boyfriend's sister's brother-in-law.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Qaza Wrote:I admit far more fondness for the above mentioned cartoons than most of the other Saturday morning stuff I grew up with.

I remember Looney Tunes more, as far as childhood cartoons go. I think by the time Freakazoid! and Animaniacs got really popular, I was living on the computer. :P That said, I DID watch some Animaniacs as a teenager, and loved it when I did.
PM
I remember watching 'Tiny Toons' whilste I grew up in the 90's. That and Ghostbusters...those were the days, mang.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
Tiny Tunes! And Mupphet Babies. Both were teh awesome.

I don't think I ever got into any of the Ghostbuster cartoons, though.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Candlejack thr Aphetoros 111 2,297 10-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Reese