08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2646
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85241
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2213
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

I'm a bit shy to ask this, but...
(09-28-2013, 03:14 PM)Noble Wrote: This is why I hate having -JUST- a general overview of history as a whole, and not research into a specific area.

Actually, having a general overview of history is a really good thing, because it's foundational for the understanding of many social sciences and now you have the bigger picture out of the way and can study a specific area with more dedication.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
I like Romans and everything about ancient Rome.

I'd Skype RP a Rome RP with a group if asked. Probably.
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Krent's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM
(09-29-2013, 09:41 PM)Krent Wrote: I like Romans and everything about ancient Rome.

I'd Skype RP a Rome RP with a group if asked. Probably.

We're not asking you, we're gonna chain you up and make you fight/RP for our amusement in our RP colosseum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nymus's post:
  • Altaine
The man from the industrial era, at your service!
[Image: 54079-Dr-Evil-air-quotes-lasers-gif-A6nY.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vladdy's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM
Oh, man, I love me some period play.

My involvement with this sort of stuff is a little sporadic; technically I guess you could say I always do it when I do text rps, since -ideally- (at least in my current and favored custom setting), most of the different nations take very visibly off of real life countries. In my Beriech setting I know I have shades of Soviet Russia, the Renaissance, the Age of Discovery, the Industrial Revolution, and even, like, the Roaring 20s.

...Not all at once of course. Been working on a timeline for a long while. It's kinda messy. I feel I suffer just a bit from over-researching some particular fields and leaving others somewhat barren, or in some cases neglecting some nations over another. I've got a list of holidays and stuff penned down for one nation, while I've got another that I haven't even begun a history tab on >w>

I'm not sure if its what you're looking for, but if you ever want some general rp in a certain period I guess it could be a sort of learning experience for both ends. The only thing is that I tend to prefer roleplay in my custom settings rather than the real world, if only because I enjoy the variety of the fantastical atop of the normal and historical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rigley's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM
(09-30-2013, 01:25 PM)Rigley Wrote: Oh, man, I love me some period play.

ಠ_ಠ
  • Altaine
On topic for once: I'd love to learn some Sumerian or Babylonian history, even if there isn't much to learn from it.
  • ImagenAshyun
(09-30-2013, 02:08 PM)Nymus Wrote:
(09-30-2013, 01:25 PM)Rigley Wrote: Oh, man, I love me some period play.

ಠ_ಠ

[Image: 0CX3JSF7]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rigley's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM