The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[IMPORTANT] Profile Tags & Player Feedback
Hello everyone.

According to this announcement, the rules in the Character Profiles forum have been revised as follows:

When making a profile in the forum, you are free to add the [Peer] or [Staff] tags to your title. As such: "[Staff] John McFee [Blood Elf Warrior]".

The [Peer] tag means that you are allowing and asking for player feedback on your profile, in addition to the staff feedback. This is the default* for Grunt+ profiles. Grunts and above can still use the [Peer] tag to request feedback openly, or use the [Staff] tag to reject it.

The [Staff] tag means that you are shutting player feedback out and requesting that only staff members comment on your profile. This is the default* for Peon profiles. Peons who would like player feedback are encouraged to utilize the Workshop forum for that, instead.

*default tags mean that they don't need to be put in the thread title to be presumed.

Furthermore, a guideline has been established for players posting in other players' profiles as detailed:
  • When posting to another player's profile, keep in mind that your feedback is only suggestions. Do not present your feedback in a demanding tone, as only staff members can request/demand changes.
  • Peon profiles in the profile queue will not, at the present time, be open to player posting and Peons cannot override this with the use of the [Peer] tag. See above, in the Thread Tag details.
  • If a profile has the [Staff] tag, please respect that by also avoiding sending PMs to the poster to provide feedback through that venue unless given specific permission by the player in question. Please avoid sending these PMs to Peons, by default, but instead notify staff members if there's an issue or concern.
...Good news, everyone!
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
So, I very much so doubt those that would like... need some peer input too would use it, but otherwise for those of us that don't mind... s'cool I guess.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Happy with this.
Pulling attention to this. It seems people are starting to forget about it. :)
(07-03-2014, 05:30 AM)Loxmardin Wrote: Pulling attention to this. It seems people are starting to forget about it. :)

I actually didn't know this was a thing, I just never went around commenting on peoples profiles and have only had a few occasions of which mine was commented on by another player. (Mind you it's not a problem for me.) Thanks for the heads up.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
AHEM.

Bump. I feel people are entirely forgetting this.
I feel like I wanted to bring this up a long time ago but forgot; these tags really, really do need to be integrated into the forum like the existing profile ones and the private discussion tags. I feel that they're inevitably going to be missed otherwise, like they have become now!
Agreed. I know Kretol asked if they should be integrated for real and I declined a while agoooo. I feel stupid now.

I shall tell him I was stupid and changed my mind!
(01-04-2015, 07:47 AM)Maulbane Wrote: I feel like I wanted to bring this up a long time ago but forgot; these tags really, really do need to be integrated into the forum like the existing profile ones and the private discussion tags. I feel that they're inevitably going to be missed otherwise, like they have become now!

I'm going to uh... say this though.

I've always been both for and against these tags and certain aspects of the profile system---like how special profiles can't be viewed on or commented on by others, even if I'd like others to see it.

But it's a discussion for another thread I suppose.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Bumping this. Remember, no one but staff members should be posting in peon profiles unless the peon posts unless the peon is incapable of posting themselves and you are passing on word for them. I was trying to keep the notes going through Skype, but I might as well do this.