The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

ISP Doesn't like our Mac torrent
So this morning I was woken up by my sister who was freaking out over our ISP locking out internet over torrenting the Mac Cata client. While me torrenting this is actually legal since I own WoW, it can still prove difficult for people who aren't fully aware of the loopholes in the DMCA or what is actually a legal and illegal download, even if the host site isn't authorized to hold the data.

Simply put, it might be a good idea to find a way to privately host the WoW installations for PC and Mac. I know SuddenLink has really cracked down on anything that could be found through piratebay or a select other torrent websites. I mean, somehow they even noted I used Bittorrent to download the Mac client.

Luckily SuddenLink has a three strikes system. I managed to get this one wavered as a false positive. Here's a screenshot of the notice that came up on my sister's iMac for reference.

Spoiler:
[Image: eHh5FB6.png]

Guess I need to beef up my online anonymity. Scared
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Bittorrent is mad difficult to anonymize, sadly.

Hosting it would be the better idea, but you could always find more anonymous workarounds, I suppose.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
I did find an alternative in the I2P Anonymous Network. It has a built in anonymous torrent program in it. Though just like with Tor, you gotta be careful when you use it.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Whoa, your ISP actually looks into that kind of stuff over there? That's not cool at all...
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Torrent File / Realmlist ? Rumus 5 1,601 04-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  About the Cata torrent... PhilGobatto 2 887 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Question regarding the torrent folder. franzmallalieu 12 1,966 07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Addon button doesn't exist? Clovis 12 2,526 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Clovis
  My Add-on Folder doesn't exist Presidium 7 1,331 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Last Post: PiesOfNub