The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 203 usergroup_displaygroup
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1588 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1588 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 934 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "" - Line: 1584 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1584 errorHandler->error_callback
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(934) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Idea for a town
Hmm, the theme behind the Druaden Farm is a food, fishing, and mount oriented hub, plus some other ideas. You would have to have a non-competing function. An assassin's guild run town sounds more like they more likely need a hideout than a town. Maybe you should roleplay a mayor (mage, preist or paladin?) or politician trying to start a refugee village just to get things rolling? It might make a little more sense and be less threatening. Giving the place proper believable civilian context is important.

Building a social context for the town is very good, who runs the place? How is the town run? These are things as in-character I would be looking into, it would be weird to be met at the mayors office with a Tier-6exy equipped Rogue with glow-mee weapons. If you have friends coming in to play, maybe they could roll alts as well to fill out the townies. They could help cover for the now secret, bad-guy guild too. So RP-ing the area would be more interesting. The farm we have has at least four to five players roleplaying the owners and such.

One would think once the refugees found out it was a front operation for a band of killers they would stay away not wanting to get involved with the guilds inevitable enemies. In contrast, the farm we have is pretty much billed as very peaceful and civilian with a traders guild backing it. So it's a pretty general RP-er plot friendly. Everyday visits for supplies from a lot of people is possible.

But remember these are long term projects, and I prefer a RP reason the place is being built as well. I am even rolepaying the rebuilding of the farm by spending my own earned income (not the pile of starter coins). Plus, I had to deal with the parties involved for a long time to work out the trade agreement. The upgrades will come slowly maybe one or two NPCs at a time as I pay them their weekly budget and earn my royalty. I prefer to have a IC reason to take contracts to earn much needed money and such, I would think killers-for-hire would probably want to do the same. In one idea the town could be a front for their expenses, maybe with even gambling and such.

So having an omnibus tradeskill hub is not really necessary, even just gambling, drinking and other vices would be sufficient reason to visit.

I would think though, getting just the farm up and running will be a big enough project for the server to start. But who knows eventually how many players we will have going forward as well. Planning ahead of time to narrow down your idea to a unique, focused theme is good too. I would welcome a lot of new players running a neutral faction, seedy dive, where trouble could start and end, like Ratchet is now.
The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.
- Mark Twain
Oooo... a gambling hub sounds cool! Something seedy and crooked and possibly darker. I still do like the idea of the town and think that several of us can co-exist with building up areas as long as we don't burn the GMs out and are patient with requests.

I agree we shouldn't try to compete, but rather, support one another in the development of such areas. I'm more than happy to see other areas get built up that will be around on the long term and provide IC hubs for players. I do see Dark's concern though.. be sure not to limit yourself by the nature of your organization. I can see either giving yourself a front and/or simply accepting that only a certain group of characters might visit. Either is fine, just be sure what your goals are and that they aren't conflicting with the In Character nature of your guild.

Hmm... I'mma start a new thread to discuss character professions and vendors and services..... might help us all coordinate what things to offer and what is taken care of!
Isebella Drudaen - Merchant, entrepreneur and fire mage.
Drusilla - Shadow Priestess and Mistress of all things sadistic.
Perhaps a gambling town would provide a venue for certain gladiators we have been discussing? Hm!
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Ack, you guys keep making me see more sides to the issue, and suddenly there's a completely new spin I need to take into account, and exams are next week, and yadda yadda..let's set a date to have a meeting about the future of Arathi, and the possibilities and give ideas for possible stories to bring this about. I will be available on Friday, say 6:00p? Pacific, and we can sit down in-game, discuss and view the areas, and give ideas and nail down the basics needed, as well as set up a possible RP track. I'm asking that Bella comes, since she's been vocal and co-owns the farm, as well as anyone else who would have a part in this/wants to give ideas. Shattrath, World's End inn..yeah. Tell me if you guys can attend.
Maybe a criminal hub, seedy town for the sort of folk that don't care about the law? I think that would be better then simply gambling!
Skalus - Bloodsail Pirate
Urisun - Scourge Lich
Eh..the League is less like the Cutthroat Coalition and more like a Guild - we train them, and make sure that Assassination is kept as the high art that it is and doesn't fall into common mercenariness (Yes, that's a word) by regulating the trade, and making sure certain standards are kept. It's not really an underground operation - just one that's blatant about what it does externally, but not internally. I had planned to RP it to becoming more guild-like, but I feel that with the current explanation it'll never materialize. So while a seedy town sounds like it goes hand-in-hand with Assassination, the idea is that the Guild is protected behind the obviously false facade of a refugee town, where anyone attacking would become the bad guy, and internally the constraints of society further protect it. Think SI:7 in Stormwind. That's a bit more like what I'm thinking.
Rofl

Bella has a big mouth when she's stoned on headache meds. I'm just throwing out thoughts and ideas. I'd be happy to come as soon as I figure out what my time zone is :o

But like, I'm by no means the source for this, I just know what things I've encountered in setting up a lil area. I also know how much time was involved just in getting our farm animals and the mount vendors set up. I think it must have been close to a month or so.

If that info is useful then sure! Does this mean no gambling? B)
Isebella Drudaen - Merchant, entrepreneur and fire mage.
Drusilla - Shadow Priestess and Mistress of all things sadistic.
That'll be decided at the meeting, now, won't it? :D
Huh lol
Stewamwheedle's place that will be in STV can be an engineering hub of sorts as well as an emporium of modern things (like rolling pins) and unusual.
Pyrewooooooooooooooood :(
Just a reminder - meeting in 1.5 hours, at Shattrath, World's End Inn, regarding changes in the Hillsbrad Foothills/Arathi Plains areas, including the discussed town at Stromgarde, the Farm, the possible hall in Ravenholdt, and Dun Garok. Even if you've got nothing being built in these areas, please come with your ideas, as it's likely everyone will RP in that area at least once.
Marius - Stormwind Paladin

Yggdrassil - T3h Yggs, Undead assassin, leader of League of Assassins.

Quote:johnrobert wrote:
Quote:Marius wrote:
((Please tell me this is a sick joke.))

what do you mean sick joke?
I'm sorry, but I don't think that I can attend the meeting tonight. Apparently, this "bug" is preventing me from logging in. x.x;;
Dang can't make it either, since I am one of the principal players, we should reschedule?
The holy passion of Friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.
- Mark Twain
Tomorrow, same time?
Marius - Stormwind Paladin

Yggdrassil - T3h Yggs, Undead assassin, leader of League of Assassins.

Quote:johnrobert wrote:
Quote:Marius wrote:
((Please tell me this is a sick joke.))

what do you mean sick joke?
What exactly is this meeting about specifically? Is it about people turning player houses/guild areas into other optional neutral RP areas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Pre-Worgen Gilnean town? Dae 18 3,416 08-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Rigley
  Dat ruined town Zenethen 0 699 11-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  An idea for the Dragonsworn Prestige Lendri 14 2,795 07-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  Happily Ever After? (The Idea of Character Retirement) Kaghuros 0 701 07-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Idea : Horses for all? Jaella 7 1,462 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Dotsy