The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

If all your characters were hunters, what pet would they have?
For those of you who don't know me OoCly, I'm planning on making Flora a hunter, and with that class change comes the question of what pet she should have.
Its interesting, pondering this, as she was never originally conceived as someone who'd have a pet.
I'm thinking she might repair a plagued bear or wolf or something else in a plagued situation that she could empathise well with and who wouldn't be repulsed by her.

But what would you do in this situation? RP has brought your characters down a winding story path, and has lead them to being hunters. And let's say all characters and (prior) classes are eligible for this class for our hypothetical situation.
What pet would they have, and why?
Sorum would have a bat or a spider. A spider just to abuse it's poison. A bat to ride on.

• Telah - I can't imagine Telah ever really being a hunter so if he'd ever get a pet companion it would be as a breeder. Possibly that he would attempt to aid the night elves in breeding their sabers or he'd help his own people making use of the wild ravagers of the Myst Isles. Oh, a silk moth and he'd spend his days making silk in solitude.
  • Uyendu - A pet that mirrors his former self; strong, fiery, impulsive, but slow enough and malleable to he can "misstreat" it. I don't see how but I could imagine being in the company of a huge two-headed buzzard, a raptor or maybe even a core-hound. Though I have no idea how he would actually be able to tame one himself. I pondered the possibility of a warpstalker but they'd be too swift.
  • Blackbrute - Since he is more or less a bear I'd assume he'd have a bear-companion.
  • Bokuru - A hunter can always use an animal for tracking so Bokuru would have a pet with good sight and flight or good sense of smell. Perhaps a hyena, an owl or possibly a bat. As long as the pet doesn't overshadow him, then it'd most likely be killed and made into a fetish.
  • Terauk - I've been leaning back and forth if Terauk has a saber or not and as a hunter he'd surely have one as a companion. Possibly a tamed silithid taken during his duty in Silithus.
  • Causticity - Being a warlock he sort of have pets already but as a hunter I can see him taming various pets to have a steady supply of alchemical reagents. A darkhound or felboar most likely.
  • Gildur - Wow, this is a hard one. I imagine he would have a pet that is a great digger or can even push through stones. A gyreworm would be perfect if they were tameable. Or perhaps an assistant at the forge, like a gorilla.
  • Beless - Because of her devotion to the sun I think she would choose a reptile for symbolical reasons; since they bask in the sun. A personal dragonhawk mount would make sense too.
  • Kazraghash - I honestly don't know, perhaps a fiery pet like the flaming turtle or fire spider? He's a character I can't imagine with a pet, although since he is a drummer I guess a kodo would be the thing even if they can't be tamed.
  • Skirrow - This one's easy though - a mage slayer (blue runed dog). And it would help him track down dangerous mages.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
  • Kirabo - Wow, Kirabo as a hunter. Pondering about it, my guess would have to be that he'd construct something as a pet. Not tame anything, per say, but build something in the lines of the Mechanical Squirrel, except well... Larger, and stronger. With rockets, blades, what not. If he -had- to tame something... Hm. He'd love a Nightsaber. He's always loved them, so that'd be the perfect chance.
  • Taelynn - She'd have a Dragonhawk, definitely. The grace in the movement is her cup of coffee, and these flying little thingies have that.
  • Finin - Something large. And strong. In the lines of a bear, a Kodo beast, maybe a Clefthoof.
"Good roleplaying is not equivalent to saying that your character is not interested or molded for a certain situation.
Quite the contrary - good roleplaying is making up a reason for your character to do that thing, no matter the obstacles!"
Ponies? Elves?

Certainly some good ol' Dwarven stuff. Or wolves. Drena has a wolf.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
  • Rini - Really, whatever fits her environment that's self sufficient. Currently, a worm. Perhaps later she'll get a warpstalker.
  • Erohis We-he-hell... A bird of some sort, obviously.
  • Val - A goat. A strong, sturdy goat. Or maybe a wooly rhino, if he had a pet it would be to help pull carts and the like.
  • Lydia - A spider, hands down.
  • Melody - Oh, boy, uh... She would probably never have her pet out, but a ... boy, I really don't think she would ever be a hunter. Maybe a crane?
  • Amalys - Something weak but distracting like a moth. ... Now I'm wishing I had made her a hunter.
  • Leland - A very young feline of some sort.
Hebry - Probably a wolf of some sort. He's a man of the classics. He rides a horse and a Gryphon, so he'd stick to his trend and get a wolf.

Wayne - Some kind of cat. Probably a jungle tiger. He's a thief, so he needs something just as quiet and stealthy as him. Yet, fast and strong, like him.

Grogger - Vulture. It fits his personality very well.
Mikain would have Rensin as his pet. He could be like a combo dog and ottoman.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
(05-13-2013, 08:34 AM)Mikain Wrote: Mikain would have Rensin as his pet. He could be like a combo dog and ottoman.

...Oh baby?
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Clovis:

Endling. :|
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
For some reason, I picture Edgar having a sporebat as a pet.
Grethin should have some sort of wolf, just to stare down at the poor animal with his mask and go, 'Woof.' No, but with honesty, a wolf would be fine to help him if taught well.

Scar -is- a hunter, and he has a dog, because wolves are overrated, who doesn't want an actual dog?

Booker would have a dog, because dogs are usually very loyal and loved/loving companion, sacrificing their lives for their owner on numerous occasions and being unable to live without him in certain cases where the bond was strong. Dogs are after all known as humankind's best friends.

Sidaur wouldn't mind a dog to play with as well, the best of friends to a scarred veteran, elven or otherwise.

So in general, with the exception of Grethin which wouldn't really need a dog knowing that he's a shaman, a dog seems like the best choice, of a specie fitting the owner well.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lho5ae3Fu31qe94fqo1_400.gif]
Aenstus = Worg.
Varyis = Worg.
Nulthis = Ghoul.
Horault = A Giant Sword.
Veritas = A Dragonhawk.
Aren = Aren needs no pets.
Elton = A giant cat.
Charral = Anything that uses mana to fire something.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Astus: Something undead. As a necromancer he sort of... has pets. They're just... enslaved... dead people. <.<
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Teztez: A giant zulian tiger. Not unlike the one he already rides around.

Thrazz: A panther. (Even though he totally has Sareen.. They could be scared of her scolding together)

Darius: Saberworg.

Relshaz: If it was possible, a Stag.
Feedback Thread.

Common Sense; Questionable, still there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The fate of our characters FlyingSquirrel 27 13,980 03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Random facts about our characters Saiyuu 181 38,186 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Hearthstone Characters DaveM 6 5,470 10-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Question Concerning Merchant Characters/Shops Felitsa 4 1,185 03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Temporary characters for events Dae 8 1,943 09-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Kage