The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ilthuelle's Introduction.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
In character I am usually quiet and collected, and avoid conflict as long as possible - especially when in Cities/Settlements. The majority of characters I have played over my role playing 'career' (Would that be the correct word?) have been simpletons, and at the most under dressed novices at combat. Usually, I find myself playing characters 'in training' or those who are not training for anything in particular, but are on intellectual pursuits; for example some role have played in the past include Orcish Warriors in Training, Troll citizens, Human merchants, Eleven Herbalists and once upon a time I enjoyed playing a Draenei Anchorite.

Out of character I'm an outgoing kind of player, I can often spend quite a while ingame and I enjoy spending time playing the games from the Warcraft Series (World of Warcraft mainly). I'm closer to an intellectual rather than a socialite, but that doesn't mean I don't like to talk to people - I'm usually talkative and willing to voice myself, but always in a respecting manner and I like to think of myself as a considerate person.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
English, UK not Americanized.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend and I used to play together - unfortunately we have since grown apart and do not speak outside of the unexpected meeting in the middle of town.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I used to role-play on the Echeloned Server, and then I went back to retail and played in a Hardcore raiding guild; naturally all good things must come to an end and I have now come to hone my role-playing skill and enjoy myself elsewhere -COTH seemed like the perfect place to do so!

What kinds of role-play do you enjoy?:
I enjoy City, Tavern, Adventure, Exploration and Arena-Type role-plays.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class combination would be the Orcish Shaman(Far seer in particular); I just like the simple way they dress, the role they fill within the Horde and the general nature of the Class, since Orcs are usually short-tempered the Far-Seer is a somewhat refreshing take outside of the classic Orc Cliché. (Hipster Far-Seer Orc - being angry is too mainstream.)

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have decent role players, outside of beginners, with a minimal amount of Mary-Sue's, Meta-Gaming, Power-Emoting and disregard for obvious points of lore (Such as being a death-knight Son of Arthas titan >_>)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Be respectful. At all times" I Think this suits my personality really well, as I personally try my hardest to be respectful, and I feel that people who do not treat everyone equally and with a fair and rational take then they are acting inappropriately. It just makes the server seem -that- much more appealing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Deep within the Emerald Dream, locked away in the Rift of Aln, the corruption that was once held by Y'sharjj has begun to spread into the waking world. Even now, more and more druids fall to the madness that lurks within the ever-sleeping city of Ny'alotha; unburdened crimes committed there, each day a thousand murders, atrocities by the million - though not physical, they are the empty shadows of Men's sanity, each time you think of committing an act of sin, it manifests into the living Nightmare. The city of Ny'alotha grows Bolder, and the Rift of Aln cracks wider open with each darkened thought that crosses the weary-minds of men made mad by misery.

For now, dreaming offers an escape to a place of comfort and where our ideals give us hope - but what happens when such a place ceases to exist? Will our sanity sink away, as an inescapable reality consumes us Body and Mind? Perhaps. All we know is that the Old Gods never did die, they simply sank away into the places any sane man locks away into the deepest recesses of his mind.

Naralex, his slender purple body twisting in fits of discomfort, awoke from some awful nightmare. He sat up from the stone-plinth on which he entered the dream in, he had finally awoken - but to what world? Scanning his surroundings, he saw long vines, lush flora and fauna and could hear the comforting sound of the gentle babbling brook. He sat there for a few minutes, letting the reality of being awake for the first time in several years sink in. An uncontrollable thirst set in, and he scrambled over the vines to the brook, drinking in the cool clear water, it's crisp taste refreshing his body and mind. He made his way out of the chamber where he had spent the last 5 years, like a convict leaving prison, he collected his belongings ( A simple wooden stave, a brown-linen hood and a bag of nuts that had unbelievably not expired.) and made his way up the stone-stairs. He summoned what little strength he had, and pushed away the great stone door that stood in front of him, the earth humming as it rolled away. Bringing his arm to cover the harsh moonlight, he let his eyes adjust to the new world he had ushered in - a great forest had sprouted from the caverns, his efforts had worked! His feet treading the cool grass, crunching the vegetation, his left leg faltered - or was it something else? He began to sink into an unseen pool, he had not brought the dream through, he had brought the Nightmare! The darkened pool began to suck at his soul and drag down his body, shadowed tendrils grasping at his legs - he squirmed in desperation but it was too late.

The Rift of Aln had opened, the city of Ny'alotha would extend unto this world and consume it - every last morsel.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The above story is about the Rift of Aln, the location of corruption within the Emerald Dream/Nightmare, manifesting into the waking world and ushering in a new age of strife.

Outside of the story, I'd like to stay I'd love to be a part of the server, and I both hope you read this, and thank you if you read my application.

Ilthuelle.
Hello there, ilthuelle! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

A good introduction, and thank you for the story! :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
GM Loxmardin
Thank you very much! It is much appreciated! :)
Welcome! Remember: Happiness is mandatory, citizen.