The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

In regards to "tell us a story!"
Is it inadvisable to use an excerpt from a story that I've been working on?

I can write something new and WoW-related for it, but I know I'll end up fussing over getting it as perfect as possible and I'll admit I'm antsy to get my application in.

If there's a preference toward content written specifically for the application, though, I can hold off until I have something new of decent quality to post.

Hope to be able to play with you all soon!
Woah! For a moment I thought you were actually an NPC, on account of Kretol's messing around with new usergroups.

... Anyway!

From as far back as I've remembered, most of the stories have been WoW-related for pretty obvious reasons, but it's really just a test of your writing abilities - therefore, I'm pretty sure it can be anything, so long as it's interesting and fun to read!

Also, remember that the story part can be ignored and/or added later (only specifically needed when going for gruntship), you can address it after the rest of your introduction!

Have a good time, and I hope y'post your introduction soon!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
Thanks for the advice!

Sorry about the confusion! I actually use this username for a few different games, so I never even thought about it. Granted, the joke works better when it's actually in-game, where it's more obvious I'm not actually an NPC. :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help learning how to become a "good" story-teller! Twankiez 5 4,167 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Nikodemos