The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

In the corner there stood a bard [Introduction]
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Not much to say, truly.
I've been rping for well over ten years now through Forums, MMORPGS such as WoW, LotRO, SWTOR, RIFT and Guild Wars 2. Done a little of table top now and then when I get the chance... Oh! And Neverwinter Nights.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

If you must know I hail from Iceland and my primary language is Icelandic though the years have given me a good grasp of the English language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was dragged a little over a month after its release to play. Played much up till the Lich King, took a pause there then re-joined when Cata came out but seeing as it was such a bore I stopped playing.
The RP on there gave me no reason to stay either.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

Came up as I chatted with a friend of mine who was telling me about a character created for this very server and I became curious.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy most Roleplays, quite fond of idle tavern roleplays or journeys with a fellowship.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Must I pick a favorite? Oh, very well.
I suppose I have a few that are more in favor than other such as humans/worgens, trolls, goblins, orcs and dwarves.
Of course all have a curious story behind them and by those means I do like all.
Class however... Hm... Well, I suppose if I must pick I shall go for hunters and mages. Why? No real reason except that you asked for a favorite class as well.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Some proper RP, of course.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Must one rule appeal more than the other?
Very well...
I suppose I could say the Godmodding one, the Plagiarism one and the general RP rules there.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

"Two shakes o' a lamb's tail, 'e said..." The red head grunted out as she made her way through the forest, cursing and complaining as her leather boots sunk into the wet mud under her feet. "Th' damn lamb would be grown and roasted by now!"
It had not been a fun evening for the bard after the companion she traveled with had decided to take off and scout though that had been hours ago and now she was on her own and off in the woods to try and find him.
"When I find tha' damn sod I'll shove 'is blade up 'is arse! Aye, aye! Ye'll see! Bastard leavin' me in th' woods fer wolves to chow down on. Bah!"

Coming to a halt the woman placed a hand against the tree, hunching over lightly to try and catch her breath; the weight of the backpack and lute taking its strain on the woman's back, hips and knees.
"Soddin'..." Glaring down at her own ragged clothing the woman was quick to note a few new rips that had been created through her walk, no doubt some bush branches having gotten caught in the fabric and decided to keep a souvaneer or two.

Exhausted and wet by the heavy falling rain the woman removed the backpack and lute and settled it on the ground, not long after sitting herself down by the root of the tree. Tilting her head back to rest it against the body of the tree the bard let out a heavy sigh "Just me luck, ain't it?" She muttered to herself with a slow shake of her head, listening as the rain fell all around her; it was soothing.
Her rest was soon interrupted though by a figure in the distance, making its way closer. Being all too familiar with the dangers of the outdoors the woman was quick to draw a small skinning-knife from her boot and getting up to her feet. "Oi! Who goes there!?" The woman barked out but no reply was given. "Oi, oi!" She called again.
Cold sweat ran down her back as there still was no reply and the figure seemed to draw in closer, what was she to do!?
The hand began to shake with fear as she started to think the worst, where was the damn sell-sword when you needed him?

Pressed against the tree the woman's eyes grew wider and she could feel the heart beating against her chest at a fast phase, the breathing turning more rapid and sweat mixing with the drops of rain as it fell down her pale skinned face.
"I'm warnin' ye!" She called out but with no use, the figure still approached until finally some light was shed down to remove the shadowy blanket that had hid it.

"Wha?..." Dropping her arm the woman stared ahead bewildered by the figure though the expression was quickly taken over by a frown and a sharp, cold glare "Wha' do ye think ye is doin'!? Tryin' to give me a soddin' heart-stop!? Ack!"
Sinking against down to sit again the woman ran a hand over her face, taking in a more relaxed breath "Th' bleedin' 'ave ye been, man?!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I suppose I could actually ask if the (as I would call it) mild cursing as seen above would be allowed or such wording is still too harsh? If it is then I can easily remove it from my speech. (Do apologize if the language was too harsh)
And I think it wise to ask if it is truly necessary to write a character's personality and history when and if one is to make a character sheet?
Personally find such to be quite the spoiler. As well that personality can always change as you rp and what fun is it to tell a tale if you already know it?
Hello and welcome to COTH!

In response to your inquiry, cursing is permitted in RP scenarios and similar applications such as IC posts and the like. Profanity is somewhat frowned upon in the OOC sense however. As for the purpose of the Personality and History sections, it serves more as a means to develop the depth of your character. Be assured that such information will not be used ICly as such is a breach of server policy. Also, thank you for spinning us a tale. We are currently in transition from version 3.3.5a to 4.3.4a (Beginning Wednesday the 24th) so be sure to check the Downloads section if you do not already possess a compatible cata client. The transition will likely involve a fair sum of confusion but will surely provide plenty of fresh RP opportunities once everyone has settled in.

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you remain familiar with the server’s expectations!
As for making your first character, there a number of fantastic articles and guides available and they are an excellent resource even if you are familiar with the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for developing your character and for constructing your first profile, such as the official timeline, character development questionnaires and weight/height guidelines.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game (I don't personally advise joining barrens chat, due to its ridiculous nature ;p) if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Feel free to contact me via PM whether I am online or off, should you require any assistance.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Welcome to CotH!

I like your forum name. That said, I hope you'll stick around longer than a hitchhiker will. :P

When it comes to worrying about spoiling too much with a history, I've been there. My trick has been to not describe it all (but enough for it to make sense) and keep some of it secret to myself so that I can throw some surprise into RP.

If you want to get your feet in the water amidst the confusion of our transition into Cata, feel free to poke me with a message for RP, be it tavern RP or something else.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Greetings to you both and thanks for the welcome!

Will scroll over the rules now and then, just wished to make sure that I wasn't crossing any lines with that (some can be quite picky about it!)
Now I just pray that my dear partner will be accepted as well!