The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

In you mailbox, a letter, simply entitled "Wryx"
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm a roleplayer who's played on the RP realms of WoW for two solid years. I get bored easily, and irritated quickly, by the constant idiocy of those who join RP realms and do not follow the rules, and Blizzard's very lax enforcement of their own RP policies. I'm English, 15 years old, halfway through the dreaded GCSE's, and raring to find a good RP escape: in my opinion, from what I've seen, read, and heard CotH seems perfect for me- (this realm was actually recommended to me by a GM on retail WoW ^_^). I like writing stories, indeed, the thing that attracted me most to this server was the 'story' requirement of the introduction (I'm currently working on a horror novel called simply 'The Zoo'). I have the attention span of a squirrel in real life, but I find RP engaging and often exciting. I will be honest here tho, when I see controversial conversations in trade etc, I really enjoy getting involved, but I am not heavy on the 'drama'. I like to take levelling slow, the 'completist' approach as it were.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I'm from England, an absolutely spiffing country, and my primary language is of course English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

By accident, actually. I was looking for a new RPG game after I'd completed Neverwinter Nights 2, and I stumbled across an advert on TV- the infamous Mr T one. Looked it up online and it was an MMORPG- naturally I was intrigued and have throughly enjoyed my experiences on WoW ever since.

I currently have a 74 warrior, a 67 death knight, and a 42 paladin on Argent Dawn (EU).

What made you seek our server over others?:

Through all the things said about you by friends, by the sheer amount of awesome roleplay displayed on this forum, and after thoroughly reading alot of your Wiki I really want to join- this seems the most decent RP (retail or otherwise) server out there.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I like skirmish roleplay, small groups of rivals meeting head on wherever. Scourge, Demons, whatever, a small group of people fighting their way through desperate situations is what I like. Adventure style roleplays I suppose you could call them, with no rush, and taking every challenge as it comes as one would do in real life, with a clear goal or set of goals.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I've always enjoyed playing a Paladin, someone well versed in the ways of the Light, but someone who can really hold their own in a fight, a character so self assured and arrogant that it's often comical the way they really are almost as good as they believe themselves to be. I'm not big on roleplaying a warrior, as in the PvE side there is little challenge for me, in the fighting situations I prefer using the mana system instead of rage as well. In RP situations, a warriors can be anything, but a paladin is a dedicated follower of a single cause- something that I like to think I also have. I prefer to play a generic human paladin as well- dwarves are too short for me, draenei too sci-fi (never been fond of the Burning Crusade additions, although they added depth and more races, it didn't fit in well enough), and blood elves were once a corrupt order- maybe not now, but in game terms all Blood Knights will probably have been ones who once stole their power from the Naaru.

What are your expectations of this server?:

No huge expectations, just roleplay, roleplay, roleplay!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The no tolerance policy towards so-called 'l33t speak'- I'm not fond of it at all (especially 'plz'!)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Every being, be it human or draenei, stared at the sky. And then the light fell to earth, streaking down from the sky straight to the upturned eyes of every being in Stormwind. It punctured their eyes, infecting their minds, and spreading the light across the city as if it were an epidemic. The eyes became bloodshot, the irises turned crimson. The people became possessed by the demonic energy, the dirty light entering every fibre of their beings. The light entered their brains and took control, for now everything they did was at the command of the light. The people felt one last moment of desperation before the light took control, in unison, and they felt despair.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope, none at all, I'm happy with everything I've learnt/read/saw so far!
Greetings, Wryx.

Quote:I like skirmish roleplay, small groups of rivals meeting head on wherever. Scourge, Demons, whatever
There's alot of that. Check out some stuff on taking back Stromgarde, and the Lambent Sovereignty. Seeing as you like fighting, and playing humans/draenei, let alone paladins.

Quote:(this realm was actually recommended to me by a GM on retail WoW ^_^).

I really, -really- hope not.

Otherwise, good luck! If you ever have any comments/concerns/questions, drop me a PM!

Enjoy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  *a very very dirty and old letter* Baahmnthegreat 0 497 11-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Baahmnthegreat
  A letter, adressed to you, Tektonic 1 580 04-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Last Post: sasail