The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Inactivity as of late - Feedbacks!
So! Time to ask people what they've been up to!

It's been no secret that activity has been rather subpar, even before we switched to Cataclysm. While folks may have school or work to focus on, or perhaps even retail (like myself, particularly with path 5.4 released), I'm curious if there may be other factors dissuading folks from logging on. Or heck, are there folks who are not liking Cataclysm and haven't been playing as a result of preferring WotLK? Is it because of a lack of RP going on when you happen to log on (which, admittedly, is like a domino effect - one person stops logging on because RP isn't as plentiful, so others notice and also stop logging on, and so forth)?

I wish that this was an easy thing to pinpoint, such as just lack of interest (which I'm pretty sure has hit a few folks). If you're one of the folks not logging on because of a lack of interest or maybe other things that can be changed, what might entice you to log in again?
And if one of the reasons is because a lack of RP to join, have you perhaps tried to create RP or maybe even schedule something (not necessarily an event, just open RP)?

GIVE ME FEEDBACKS PLZKTHX! :)
I have to say, beyond school, the main thing keeping me away from the server is that WoW has just gotten boring. I still enjoy the community and all, but the game in itself I've been playing since early TBC, and it's just not interesting anymore.
I may be wrong when I say this, but a lot of the time I notice a large amount of people derping on GMI when I come on, which puts me off RP. Other times it's either closed RP occurring, or other factors. It's just strange to see not many people on for IC events sometimes, but when an OOC event occurs (Not flaming at this btw) there's a humongous surge of people.

It baffles me in a sense.
I've been lagging in and out of playing WoW period, recently, mostly because I'm lacking all sorts of motivation. Schoolwork and life-stress weigh heavy on Valicor's spirit as of late, and with all of this tension comes stress. With all of this stress, I lose time to relax and become creative, thus completely killing my drive to RP.

Slowly coming back around, though.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
The WoW UI sucks and I've got too used to the sexy UI that is SWToR. Also the WoW UI feels too big. Those are minor gripes, though.

Err... let's see. Uhm. Well. I kind of don't have a reason to RP anymore. Also school. I should probably make a new character. Also, maybe some PvE or even PvP stuff would be nice little gimmicks, OOC of course. Just to fill the void between people being offline and being online.

Also Kretol is a Mary Sue as a character and needs to have his head cut off

also too many elves
So, why I'm absent right now. Yeah. Let's begin.

I find myself thrown off by the community a lot these days. Back in the day--while it was still sparse--evil was strong, in that it was well-supported and balanced out, without constant conflicts. We didn't need it, and we assumed it would stay that way, pretty much forever. Things didn't really need to change.

We were kind of wrong.

Evil fell by the wayside, but not due to lack of trying. I know at least I have continually tried to revive it in a thousand shapes and sizes more times than I care to count. And each time it fails, and I now know why.

There are certain groups that pop up overnight, full of good characters. Alignment-wise, that is. And what's really driven me off is that more times than I can count, these groups somehow discover the secret lair of evil, and then bring their friends back and wreck it. I've seen more than I'd like, people make up reasons as to why they'd just know that a group is there, or simply use the excuse, "I got lost," and carry on. Then they miraculously escape impossible odds, and bring back their friends. Because being lost means you remember the way back to where you saw those bad men, right? No, it doesn't.

So yeah. Needless to say, when I feel slightly irrelevant because everytime I try to do something I like, it dies either due to nobody being willing to take the secondary role--everybody has to be the Big Bad--or due to some significant metagaming ruining the fun of those playing evil, it tends to drive me to not want to be there to do it. I'd love to see things like this fixed, but I'm somehow doubtful the community as a whole can completely realign itself. Pessimistic me.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I am one of those people who just have school and boarding school activities right after school. (That takes up most of my time).

I really like the server, though the fact that people just hang out in GMI when I want to make RP happen is really annoying sometimes.
Server is inactive, you say? Already on it!

Spoiler:
[Image: 66a6bc77e0ebdbb6b5c6534205e82ecd.png]

But no, seriously, I do hope that I can generate some neutral RP with the whole tavern events I'm hoping to run soon, but I know I can't do everything by myself and be there all the time due to school and work, but that's all I can do to generate RP on a personal level. I think we just need more people who are motivated to do events and do them consistently. How people can be inspired to do that? I don't know, it'd be something to discuss?

As for server-wide things? It's hard to advertise to bring in new players, but if new players can be brought in, good. But if new players are given a reason to stay here? Even better. I feel like the latter is more of a concern, because I often see new players check the server out and for some reason are disheartened by either a lack of RP or technical issues. So I think it's up to those of us who are generating RP to stick our necks out for the new players when we can.

There's also easing down on the introduction process more than we already have, but we'd have to think about the kinds of players that would bring in.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Hmm. To pin-point...

I think my general reason for not logging in too often in-game is due to the Steam Summer Sale.
Spoiler:
No joke, I spent so much money on it I feel guilty for not beating half of the games yet. And I mean real guilty. Like I wasted money. Hnngh.

Another factor is how disheartened everyone seems to be. A lot of people don't log in anymore. Nowadays, when you .gm ingame, there's no results. You /who, there's a small cluster of folks in one zone, closed roleplay if you ask when you're not in their group of friends. The server feels pretty dead right now, and it's definitely enough to, well... make folks feel like not logging in anymore.

All that, and in general, I feel like what roleplay is going on in most places is not really the quality I'm searching for. I've also felt rather mentally drained, so I just stick to the forums and Skype.
Wink 
Quote:Another factor is how disheartened everyone seems to be. A lot of people don't log in anymore. Nowadays, when you .gm ingame, there's no results. You /who, there's a small cluster of folks in one zone, closed roleplay if you ask when you're not in their group of friends. The server feels pretty dead right now, and it's definitely enough to, well... make folks feel like not logging in anymore.

This is pretty much how I feel, however... I've been on more.

Usually when I come and go, it's because I feel like I need time away from CoTH. Sometimes the environment is hard to be around for one reason or another, not to sound like a HERP DERP COTH IS BAYUUUD sorta person, but sometimes it can be a bit much to handle. It has it's merits, as always, because if it didn't I wouldn't keep coming back, but...

It's hard, because the group I'm in now is rather small, and we try to keep going, but a lot of people have left for one reason or another, or get discouraged and just... go away.

I bet -anything- though a lot of this has to do with school. We had the huge influx during summer and now we are stepping right back into that lull before christmas.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I obviously haven't been back long but from personal observation and my own preferences:

I've got class monday-thursday and two studio classes to do homework for which is, obviously, pretty time consuming. However I am a procrastinator and enjoy playing.

Server-specifically I do definitely see a lot less rp going on and even less of it is horde, which is mainly what i like to play. I'm still meeting people and re-introducing myself though, so let's see if that changes I suppose?
before u say i am stoling this tesseract let me explain to u a thing
I try to make and get RP when I can, but I've been so busted with real life drama and schoolwork and such. I ain't givin' up though!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
For me personally it has boiled down to simply a lack of interest most of the time. I struggle to pay attention to combat roleplay and tavern rp. At best I find them very boreing so I end up writing instead. Once in a while I log on and try to get involved with people, I even ask friends of mines to keep me in the loop with things they are working on in skype. Sometimes I don't hear from them and end up missing out on events they are working on. So its a whole domino effect for me as well. Spiralin has been pulling me back for rp regularly so I intend to put forth some effort and try to make some horde rp. Though to be quiet honest the story line after BC is quite awful making it hard to really work with the environment like I used to. WOTLK was workable but I honestly have a hard time discerning Cata from MOP and i was under impressed by both.

[Image: c36335d73555714146b393bce05c4a74.jpg]

[Image: 1219597_c9f207c53e0656326cf233adf2569bb2.jpg]
Mostly real life, and college work. I've also been slowly losing interest. I do try to rp at points, but pinging LFR for rp. But most of the server tends to just log in, get on GMI and then go afk. So, what am I supposed to do? I don't want to sound snobbish but I don't have a lot of free time anymore, if no one replies I get off the server and do something that'll either be readily available like netflix, or school work.
[Image: OTnr9.png]
I only log on for events (Defias, etc). Otherwise I have little to no interest. I feel little immersion with Cataclsym. Just me.