The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Inactivity as of late - Feedbacks!
I hate to be the guy that goes and makes an assumption, but doesn't the activity on CotH always suffer in the school seasons? I have no doubts in my mind that CotH, just as it always has, will become plentiful and resounding when summer comes back around.

While it's definitely not cool that there's really low activity during school, you can't change it if it's going to happen that way. (imo).
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
On the topic of my own inactivity, it's my internship that's (sometimes literally) slapping me in the face and taking all my time. I try to be as active as I can whenever I have time.

On the topic of private RP... Sometimes open RP starts unneeded conflict or things are being blown WAAAAY out of proportion. I've seen it happen several times and I have actually thought about killing off some characters because of those reasons. Okay, some conflict in RP is always nice and it's gonna happen one way or the other but sometimes you want to (both ICly and OOCly) want to take a break from all the conflict.

Valicor Wrote:I hate to be the guy that goes and makes an assumption, but doesn't the activity on CotH always suffer in the school seasons? I have no doubts in my mind that CotH, just as it always has, will become plentiful and resounding when summer comes back around.
^
This makes A LOT of sense to me. I remember when I joined, October/November last year, school started again. I log on first time, I see a few people online. Next few weeks, exactly the same story, only a few people online. Summer holiday starts. BOOM! Daily population? Doubled, at least.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
Thing is, even our summer population took a hit. There used to be upwards of around 40 people online every day around when I first joined. This summer we were lucky if we breached 20.
I am very excited to see this thread. Part of the reason I took a break was because the sever seemed to not know that there was less RP to go around. I am planning on returning sometime soon (thanksgiving break most likely) and I'm excited to get back into the world and see what has changed and how I can put my ideas to good work. I'm looking forward to a friendly community when I return!
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
Hrm. I derailed myself it seems way over there. So.. What about you other people? Why do you stay on Coth?
(11-05-2013, 02:22 PM)Kage Wrote: So.. What about you other people? Why do you stay on Coth?

I like to RP.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(11-05-2013, 02:27 PM)Geoni Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 02:22 PM)Kage Wrote: So.. What about you other people? Why do you stay on Coth?

I like to RP.

You can rp anywhere. Like on skype. What is it about -coth- that makes you want to rp here.
The community is friendly, it's relatively active and Retail RP is saddening.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Friendly community, quality RP, and some of the craziest things said and heard on TS.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
I stay on CotH more then anywhere else (and I have tried other places, so I speak with experience) because of the community. While it may be a smaller community, that means that basically everybody is my friend. I don't mean close friends, but almost everybody I meet knows who I am! It's awesome.

And for the most obvious reason; the RP. While this thread is entirely focused around why there ISN'T RP, I'm here to say that there really is if you make it happen. And because of this, I have the ability to make RP at any time, and it's usually always fun and awesome because of the other friendly members of the community being very accepting to my projects and events.

In short, I stay on CotH because it's my home as far as RP is concerned. I started here. I grew up here, and learned an impassable amount here. I've become the better RPer that I am because of CotH, and because of this I give my undying loyalty and thanks to the community.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
I stay... I have no real reason.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
@Valicor THANK YOU! I've been saying this in this this thread for the past few weeks. Everyone has a gripe or complaint about lack of RP, bad experiences, etc. I have no bad things to say about CotH. At all. I've been here for a while and it feels like a home on the internet for me. I've made friends, people know who I am and it's fun in general.

I never have a lack of RP except maybe one or two days every so often when people are all out or sleeping because Australian timezone.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(11-05-2013, 02:42 PM)Kage Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 02:27 PM)Geoni Wrote:

I like to RP.

You can rp anywhere. Like on skype. What is it about -coth- that makes you want to rp here.

I was in a rush to get to a class, so I thought to keep it simple. But if you want a more in depth explanation...the reason I like to RP on CotH specifically is because the server takes the lore it is established on seriously and its rules regarding that RP are strict, meaning the quality is good. It's difficult to find a RP hub on the internet that fits this criteria. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have stayed here for as long as I have.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
(11-05-2013, 02:22 PM)Kage Wrote: Hrm. I derailed myself it seems way over there. So.. What about you other people? Why do you stay on Coth?

Pretty much this:

[Image: hDBB565F7]
I've pretty much moved on. For now. But it's mostly because of the feeling of alienation and the constant OOC bickering that goes on here. Finally got sick of it, and decided to try other places.

Much to my suprise... it's not like that everywhere, especially communities that heavily practice "No OOC", or that strongly enforce that there shouldn't be a lot of OOC interaction. Yes, sometimes there is, but it's a heck of a lot less dramatic at some other places... and that's very refreshing.

I mean, not that it matters at this point. I haven't even posted on the forums in a while... so, I'm aware this might fall into "Someone who is coming back and complaining" thing, but in all honesty--- I'm one of the people that's basically quit, and here's my opinion. I left CoTH because of the BS attitudes that are tolerated, and there will always be the small handful that "Don't see it". Yep. Those are the guys that stick around. Shouldn't be asking them what the problem is though.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△