The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Inactivity as of late - Feedbacks!
On my way out as well, the RP that's going on in here is not appealing to my anymore. And it's not only the quality, but player's characters, the lack of creativity and so on.. Even so, the RP is dying overall, not only coth or WoW. Or at least that's what I am being told.

I will lurk around a bit more tho..
I'm curious to know what people mean by "lack of creativity". I've seen that reiterated a few times.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but dang. I got away with a boss fight that involved a minor Ancient (tree dude), and errant Emerald Dream magics that involved jumping between here and a weird in-between realm. What is the rest of the server doing?
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
I just want to say that on average there is about 90% of the player population at OOC at a any given time. My goal when I get back soon is to be one of the few leaders that bring out the RP that everyone can join in on.
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
(11-06-2013, 05:27 PM)Demigod204 Wrote: I just want to say that on average there is about 90% of the player population at OOC at a any given time. My goal when I get back soon is to be one of the few leaders that bring out the RP that everyone can join in on.

More often then not 70% of those people don't want to rp. They're just there. I hope you can make something that people will like, cause I can't seem to be able to these days.
(11-05-2013, 02:42 PM)Kage Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 02:27 PM)Geoni Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 02:22 PM)Kage Wrote: So.. What about you other people? Why do you stay on Coth?

I like to RP.

You can rp anywhere. Like on skype. What is it about -coth- that makes you want to rp here.

Honestly, I don't enjoy RP that doesn't happen in real-time. I try, I really do, but play by post or even Skype RPs turn into "Ugh, now I have to sit down and spend an hour or so writing a paragraph response and just hope that someone else will post in a way that works with what I was going for."

Writing is not my craft. I may be reasonably good at it, but I don't enjoy it, ad it takes me damn near forever to express myself.

I like real-time RP because I feel like I'm really communicating, and writing just happens to be a part of it. In-Game RP makes it even better because I can skip everything but dialogue half the time, and even otherwise, an emote or two will do the trick.

And I like CotH more so than any other roleplaying community I've been involved in because of the staff going out of their way to enforce lore and keep the relative peace, without being ducks about it.

And yeah, we have our fair share of BS, but any community that claims they don't is probably a psychological death trap. This flavor of BS just seems more tolerable in my personal taste, so I hardly pay it mind usually.

Things like .add RP and the likes are the cheery on top, btw.
@Dae: Happiness is mandatory, Citizen.

... wait a minute, I'm not an elf.

Orc version: BE HAPPY OR I'LL PUMMEL YOU AND MAKE YOU HAPPY BY SEEING STARS!
@Kretol you brutish orc you stay away from Cristovao's not-sister >:C

(11-06-2013, 12:33 PM)Harmonic Wrote: I've pretty much moved on. For now. But it's mostly because of the feeling of alienation and the constant OOC bickering that goes on here. Finally got sick of it, and decided to try other places.

Much to my suprise... it's not like that everywhere, especially communities that heavily practice "No OOC", or that strongly enforce that there shouldn't be a lot of OOC interaction. Yes, sometimes there is, but it's a heck of a lot less dramatic at some other places... and that's very refreshing.

I mean, not that it matters at this point. I haven't even posted on the forums in a while... so, I'm aware this might fall into "Someone who is coming back and complaining" thing, but in all honesty--- I'm one of the people that's basically quit, and here's my opinion. I left CoTH because of the BS attitudes that are tolerated, and there will always be the small handful that "Don't see it". Yep. Those are the guys that stick around. Shouldn't be asking them what the problem is though.

I feel compelled to comment on this: as someone who IS well integrated into the OOC community, I -have- seen my fair share of poor attitudes, and have even contributed to some of it myself.

And, as far as my experiences tell me, these poor attitudes are generally not tolerated. People get told to sit down and shush up when they're giving lip. People politely ask folks to role play instead of debate OOC drama.

As far as I can tell, CotH does have a zero-tolerance take on "BS attitudes" when they're dealt with. You don't need a GM to enforce this. Just as long as you're respectful and polite, you can tell someone to knock off the shenanigans if you think they're pushing the envelope. If they mock or ignore you, then record and report it, and ignore whatever other harassments they toss at you.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(11-06-2013, 09:32 PM)CappnRob Wrote:
(11-06-2013, 12:33 PM)Harmonic Wrote: I've pretty much moved on. For now. But it's mostly because of the feeling of alienation and the constant OOC bickering that goes on here. Finally got sick of it, and decided to try other places.

Much to my suprise... it's not like that everywhere, especially communities that heavily practice "No OOC", or that strongly enforce that there shouldn't be a lot of OOC interaction. Yes, sometimes there is, but it's a heck of a lot less dramatic at some other places... and that's very refreshing.

I mean, not that it matters at this point. I haven't even posted on the forums in a while... so, I'm aware this might fall into "Someone who is coming back and complaining" thing, but in all honesty--- I'm one of the people that's basically quit, and here's my opinion. I left CoTH because of the BS attitudes that are tolerated, and there will always be the small handful that "Don't see it". Yep. Those are the guys that stick around. Shouldn't be asking them what the problem is though.

I feel compelled to comment on this: as someone who IS well integrated into the OOC community, I -have- seen my fair share of poor attitudes, and have even contributed to some of it myself.

And, as far as my experiences tell me, these poor attitudes are generally not tolerated. People get told to sit down and shush up when they're giving lip. People politely ask folks to role play instead of debate OOC drama.

As far as I can tell, CotH does have a zero-tolerance take on "BS attitudes" when they're dealt with. You don't need a GM to enforce this. Just as long as you're respectful and polite, you can tell someone to knock off the shenanigans if you think they're pushing the envelope. If they mock or ignore you, then record and report it, and ignore whatever other harassments they toss at you.

You are right and wrong about this. Even if there is zero-tolerance for that sort of attitude... It is still there, and is practiced among quite a few players. OOC on coth is as much good as it is volatile, and I would rather not deal with it. I have seen these actions, and the people who do them. They don't tend to stop.

I like my community like I like my burgers. Appealing, Tasty, and without a side of BS. Fries are nice though.

But seriously. If required I could list all the threads that I have seen where people just type daggers at each other, name the people who are arses, and list quite a few situations where this ruins Roleplay.
[Image: dean2s.png]
I can't recount how many times I've reported people, and have been told "You're just whining, they aren't serious... yadda yadda." I probably reported people more than the average person. I get real tired of being treated like I'm over-dramatic, or that because -others- don't experience what I experience, that must mean I'm wrong. Yes, I'm sorry---this community often has an issue with gossip and people getting away with snide remarks. It's hard for me to back up my statement here without providing every darn instance, and I can't do so because it's rumor-mongoring. I can't do that, because there's a specific way to do things on here, and unless you're -very- close to a GM at the time, or are able to talk yourself blue in the face... not a lot gets done.

ESPECIALLY if said person you have an issue with has a lot of GM buddies. Hell, I can think of instances where OTHER GM'S have had this issue happen---but because said person is a friend of the GM's, they keep getting someone in their corner, and to me... that's not right. It happens. I can't say much other than that. So, yeah, I get fed up with the community and take a break when I know I'm not being heard, or are others that have the same problems as me.

Sorry if you don't agree with it. Sorry if I do this a lot. But to put it frankly, not one person wants to tolerate bullshit when it goes on.

TLDR; I get discouraged pretty quickly by poor attitudes and getting dismissed. As anyone would.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(11-08-2013, 10:18 PM)Harmonic Wrote: I can't recount how many times I've reported people, and have been told "You're just whining, they aren't serious... yadda yadda." I probably reported people more than the average person. I get real tired of being treated like I'm over-dramatic, or that because -others- don't experience what I experience, that must mean I'm wrong. Yes, I'm sorry---this community often has an issue with gossip and people getting away with snide remarks. It's hard for me to back up my statement here without providing every darn instance, and I can't do so because it's rumor-mongoring. I can't do that, because there's a specific way to do things on here, and unless you're -very- close to a GM at the time, or are able to talk yourself blue in the face... not a lot gets done.

ESPECIALLY if said person you have an issue with has a lot of GM buddies. Hell, I can think of instances where OTHER GM'S have had this issue happen---but because said person is a friend of the GM's, they keep getting someone in their corner, and to me... that's not right. It happens. I can't say much other than that. So, yeah, I get fed up with the community and take a break when I know I'm not being heard, or are others that have the same problems as me.

Sorry if you don't agree with it. Sorry if I do this a lot. But to put it frankly, not one person wants to tolerate bullshit when it goes on.

TLDR; I get discouraged pretty quickly by poor attitudes and getting dismissed. As anyone would.

Going along with this? It's not just you. I got about three buddies that think the same.

Do I? I don't report people except in extreme cases (Like, seriously extreme. I've only ever made one report on my own).

As a side note to everyone else reading this? People are saying this is going on. Not just one person either. Best you remember that before you try to say this is just an isolated case or what not.
(11-08-2013, 10:27 PM)Kage Wrote: Going along with this? It's not just you. I got about three buddies that think the same.

Do I? I don't report people except in extreme cases (Like, seriously extreme. I've only ever made one report on my own).

As a side note to everyone else reading this? People are saying this is going on. Not just one person either. Best you remember that before you try to say this is just an isolated case or what not.

All I can say is yes. I agree. And I will do so more then just a like, but a post. This is more serious then people give it credit.
[Image: dean2s.png]
I'm gonna say something here and I'm not gonna put in the sugar coating I have with my past posts. So here it is.

Favoritism and unfair judgement have been around on this server for a long time. Many people see it. Many people bring it up. But they always get written off with a "Oh that doesn't really happen" or "Well the staff tries their best to put person feelings aside". Well no, that's not the case. If people are giving it their all to not play favorites then... that's a pathetic attempt. Because it happens and nobody but those on the negative end bat an eyelash at it.

But of course you can't call people out for anything. No it's against the rules to say specific names or name specific events with the people involved. Everything always gets shoved off to bringing it to the staff. But how are you supposed to tell the people playing favorites that they are playing favorites? What is the solution when the only people you can turn to with a problem are the people who are the problem in the first place?

Take it to the admins? But the admins are friends with the staff too and they put them in their positions in the first place. I've had friends report problems before directly to the admins before and nothing was done. People who have been nonstop just generally... bad people. Bad attitudes, outbursts against other people, countless times of talking behind their backs and even just saying nasty things straight to their face (Or as close as you get over the internet).

I'm sorry, but the 'no tolerance' deal is a joke. That only applies to those who aren't considered special enough to be exempt. And that's where the favorites come in. A lot of people who aren't friends with the staff have the 'no tolerance' rule enforced on them. But the people who are close to them get practically endless 'well don't let it happen again' responses, if they get anything at all.

Nobody can say that there isn't favoritism between the staff and members of the community. The people that do should be looked at with suspicion. The people who don't 'see' the problem are usually at the heart of it. And you can't much find a problem when you ask the cause to search for it.

That's my take on the whole deal. It keeps getting shoved off but a lot of people leave this server because of the bad attitudes in the community. And I don't think there is any such thing as a 'no tolerance' rule. Just that some people have the rules enforced entirely while others not at all. And a few people in the gray area.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
Not that I don't agree, because I do...But it only goes so far. Players only get to see so much of what happens.

Sidenote:

Kretol was called out on favouritism. The result? I was banned.

It does happen though. I've seen GMs ban friends. (Hell, I banned some of my friends.)

Ramble ramble ramble.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Please do not talk about "No tolerance" being enforced on people not friends with the staff when it actually hasn't been enforced on anyone for quite a while (of course, instances I've read about have been much more tame as well in regards to what has been said).
Feel free to review the ban list on the Accounts site as well, since that is public.

I also keep reading about all this downright horrible stuff that is happening or has happened, but I... really don't recall anything of note. My memory may be bad, but I also think things may be blown out of proportion a bit.
I don't think so much of it banning people as to just the other stuff. Making them change the way they act.

Keeping this short, but sometimes reporting people tend to get blown off by the people who get reported. Specially when it's something very serious and you -know- people get in trouble for that. Dude used a racial slur (No names) and I reported it. .. There was no real change in their attitude in till a couple weeks later. There are little things, then there are big things (like I mentioned). When the big things seemed to get blown off (Specially time and time again) and the people in question haven't changed their attitude? Look a lot like favoritism.

Quick edit (Oh no, I guess it wont be as short as I want!)

Blown out of proportion or not you are -loosing- members. People who have been here for -years- are leaving. If people weren't leaving? I'd agree. But people are, and they're telling you why.