The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Inactivity as of late - Feedbacks!
Racial slurs used to be an auto-ban. When did that change?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
What big things do you speak of?
No one gave us a report on a racial slur lately. Remember that if Elephant logs or screencaps have not been sent, we tend to only make a note, as we can't make any actions without solid proof.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Echoing Kretol's comment I'd say that the team seems to kinda lapse into unresponsiveness at random on any given issue concerning discipline. I don't think I've seen 'zero tolerance' actually applied in a while, even when it should have been 'by the book' as you could put it. And I say this having advocated the use of zero tolerance.

[I'll point out that I'm not saying that to look like the 'good guy', both because I barely act in any capacity above builder as of late and also because... well, zero tolerance means zero tolerance to me. I believe certain words or topics deserve blanket bans if they're invoked. I imagine many would disagree.]
.. If racial slurs were auto ban, this guy wasn't.

Also, clearly breaking the clear rules. Like.. Well that racial slur one there! When rules are clearly broken more then once by the same person, you'd expect something to happen sense we all know its a three strike system. A suspension after the second clear break would make sense, but sometimes it doesn't happen and people notice it. And then it happens again, which should result in a ban and it doesn't. That kind of stuff.

And I don't mean minor stuff like x swore on OOC Island. I mean like that racial slur rule breaking.

... I have that screenshot. I handed it in. I still have it. Want it? Cause if that's the case, the GM i gave it to didn't post it up.
Yes, please. I must check to see if they have a related thread up.
Add: As a side note, this is an example of why any reports should really be done via PrivDisc, so there's less chance of things being forgotten about (or not passing along info). Though, I may consider looking into if any ticket systems for MyBB exist (I think I recall seeing at least one).
I think letting things go entirely and having an auto-ban/zero tolerance hammer are both ineffective. There needs to be middle ground like if someone breaks a server rule, they get pulled up and told 'don't do it again, this is your last warning.' And if they do it again, temporary suspension. They deliberately do it after the suspension is lifted, well then permanent action may have to be taken.

I will admit I made a mistake once, not a racial slur but I jokingly insulted feminism in a party chat. (Was only making a joke, I'm not sexist.) A GM pulled me up about it and said that's not on, be careful of that and ba-da-boom, I didn't do it again.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
I'm aware. As both Kretol and I mentioned, zero tolerance hasn't been strictly adhered to for some time due to disputes and stuff within the team. I personally don't agree with it. Others do. At the same time I wouldn't be in favor of changing the wording in the rules for that at all though.

One thing I'm seeing at the moment is that a lot of GMs respond to conversations about 'what X did' with answers of 'I never saw this log'. This isn't their fault. It's someone's fault, but pointing fingers doesn't really solve much in this instance. I'd like to put out there that if you have an issue it should be reported to multiple GMs. Sending to one GM will end in this mire where you have the majority of the team scratching our heads while one GM who's likely asleep at the time snoozes on a screenshot in their inbox they haven't checked in a week or so.

...That's likely hyperbole-- sometimes I open messages and forget to do anything with them. Sometimes I check my inbox before class and don't have time to repost to the others on the team. But I'd say you should always max out the recipients on a report if you're sending one in, because that's just the best way to ensure that it's seen by the team as a whole.

EDIT: I'm seeing that the report you're talking about was actually responded to, Kage. As I've said previously, the team doesn't really make public any disciplinary action. The only time you'll visibly see what we've done to a player is by a temp or full ban. I've gone into why I think this is the correct thing to do before; in short, we want to try to correct behaviour, not shame people by airing their infractions and broadcasting that they've been lectured.
To be honest I was just pointing something I noticed out. I thought it had been delft(Auto correct wont let me spell it right) with cause the persons attitude did change. I didn't realize you guys never got the report. .. So ironically saying something made it clear you guys never got it.
And then problem is seen, solved and everyone goes out for ice cream!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:

The horrible things... the things I've had to put up with as well as others, is hard to point out and deal with, because I have reported things as they have popped up. There's also a lot that happens over things like skype and other places, that when I've brought it up people have said "Well, that isn't on CoTH, not much we can do."

And here's the thing -I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT-. And, I -support- that if it's not on CoTH, don't police it. However, that puts me in a sticky situation, because when BS happens that puts me at odds with another person, it can carry over to here. So, when I've got very little to go on at CoTH, it can look like I'm blowing things out of proportion. But, when I'm also dealing with bull over skype, or steam, or... whereever (even on teamspeak. I've had instances where people have made me not want to be in it, but I was told "Teamspeak isn't really coth, since banees are allowed on there".) .

So, yep. I can't say I have screenshots of obvious things. When I do report someone, it's sometimes minor... but if that's all I can get, that's all I can get. Needless to say it -still- doesn't make me think the community is always all that friendly.

(This is a case where people know where they can and cannot get away with pushing others around.)
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I've known of people to get banned for things they said about people outside of CotH. In fact, the things they said were discovered via snooping around on other sites. Sites where you would have to specifically type in a search bar what you are looking for to find it. Just saying. I've seen the whole 'if it's not on CotH don't police it' thing mentioned, yet I've also seen it thrown out in favor of using things people say elsewhere to get them banned.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
Just a little bit of a note I figure I should interject in here now.

In all my years I've noticed very little amounts of people on this server trust one another. Doesn't seem like a community when everyone is second guessing and glancing over your shoulder half the time~ (Personal opinion for once!) Someone! Prove me wrong! (I mean that literally. Please do. There has to be -someone- on this server other then me who trusts the people on here unless they prove that they don't deserve the trust)
From what I understand: If someone is harassing you outside of coth, we will still police it. What people say between friends is another story. If person X is talking with person Y about person Z, then the logs are invalid because we have no right to police what is spoken between friends. However if person X is harassing person Z to their face, then it does become an issue.
*shrug*

Sometimes things are legitimately a problem and need to be fixed but sometimes if it's just someone being a bumhead or not noticing something they did wrong, just let it go and move past it. I had this problem IRL where everything hit me hard but eventually I learned just to leave it alone.

Thick skin.
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler: