The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Inactivity as of late - Feedbacks!
Kage Wrote:Are you saying we all should each fix every problem (Both personal and general) we see our own way?

Look at it this way. There are general problems on CotH, but it's hard to focus on them singularly because many people have their own visions or ideas of this problem. They think that things should be changed, while others think other things should be changed. If we change, and in turn fix, what we see as personal problems, eventually the general problems should crumble, because we're all essentially going to end up trying to fix the same problems in the long run, just by individual methods and motivations.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
(11-11-2013, 02:50 PM)Valicor Wrote: because we're all essentially going to end up trying to fix the same problems in the long run, just by individual methods and motivations.

That might not necessarily be a bad thing, so long as we're -actually trying- to fix those problems. So long as we don't berate or ostracize each other over it, why not give things a try as we see fit?

I see more good than bad coming out of it.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
I just see the large chance of the inconsistency from person to person and it'll end up with a final decision needed anyway.
Heh, I just don't know what to say in here(Edit: I say this, then BAM, huge post.). I think Valicor's right. We each have our own issues, and none of us are seeing -quite- eye to eye. We all have our own reasons for not being here, or being here... and it seems that we all have a different reason why. It's something either we've got to fix, or some of us will wait to see changes... and if it doesn't, oh well. I loved being on CoTH---there might be nothing to change, but right now it's not for me. It's just...

It's a mix of "not the same" (OMGAH OLDIE BURN HIM HE'S NOT EVEN HERE NO MORE) along with just plain stagnant. I blame a mix of things--- WoW in general, because I've been playing on CoTH six years and on WoW even longer. I blame some aspects of the community---not all, but some. It's not as welcoming as everyone always paints it, because there's a loooot of behind the scenes talk that you can't do anything about. I also blame my own exhaustion in real life along with the fact that I've got no desire to work in the ways CoTH wants you to work for things. The best way to get RP? Create it. Problem is that relies on you to burn yourself out to get it. Ask any guild leader, they'll tell you---it's a b***h to get around.

That's just plain it for me. Everyone else is different. I can see this now, but the problem is... there's so much different there ain't a real solution that would encompass everything. A lot of people are saying "Rah rah, fight the powa, GM shift", while others are saying "Lolschool", and others are saying "DON'T CHANGE A THING IN MY MACROCOSM", and then there's those that just don't care.

So, I'll just leave it with this.

No bitterness, no bad thoughts, no harshness. Bye CoTH, it's been fun, might see you later.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

There is so much inconsistency in this thread it's amazing.

Firstly those of us who don't log on but complain about the state of the server? I don't need to be ingame to see how the community behaves. This Forum is the front lines of the community and a lot of the behavior can be seen all over the place from thread to thread. So I don't need to log in to see that and have an opinion on it.

But then on the other hand you want to switch it up and act as if it wasn't aimed at anyone? Now I don't mean to flat out say that's a lie but... that's a lie. It's obvious that you had a vision in mind for this thing you call a 'faceless mass'. It's supposed to be faceless from the other side but in fact we can see what you are talking about.

I have to agree with Harmonic though. You're going to try and call out inactive users complaining about the server, in a thread titled 'Inactivity as of late' in which Kretol has asked inactive users why we aren't active anymore? Step back and look at your own logic here.

This entire thread is being twisted into a finger pointing game trying to knock down other people's opinions. Acting as if one person's opinion is just blown out of proportion, or that this other person just hasn't seen what's going on so they don't have enough information to base their opinions off of.

Going back to what Krent said. I'll admit that I'm a part of the group that:

Quote:The people who dwell in the problems, and are unwilling to work to resolve them.

This server has many, many problems from the community to the staff, and as it's already been said there's not really one solution that will please everyone. But ignoring the issues and making excuses for them isn't going to solve anything either.

I have talked to staff in the past and when I brought up certain names it was usually the same reaction. "Oh yeah, her..." or "Oh, his name doesn't surprise me." I've seen discussions in which these same names were brought up time and time again in a negative light, pointing out things they had done or their behavior.

People, mostly the staff, need to stop acting as if this isn't really a problem and quit making excuses for it. You know who the people are that have these bad attitudes and get away with most anything on the server. I know this because of how many times their names are brought up. How many times they were reported. How many times I've talked to someone about them and they say "Oh lord that person..."

You know who they are. Yet these people haven't been banned, temporarily or otherwise a single time since I joined the server almost 2 years ago. Some of them have even gone up to staff members and back. And let me just point out (Again) that those people who are denying it's a problem and acting as if those of us who are saying all this are just 'exaggerating', are probably saying this because either they are at the heart of it looking out and so they can't see that there is a problem because they are on the good side of the treatment. Or, they are one of the people I'm talking about here.

Let's face it. This server is an endless pit of drama. Yeah, I cause my fair share of it but I cause it over past experiences and reasoning for why I don't play anymore. It's asked here why people are inactive, and from there it moved up to what's wrong. So I'm telling what's wrong.

My suggestion? People should try retail. There's plenty of good RP to be had.

"Oh but last time I played retail I saw someone RPing as a dragon and people in X place just ERP all the time!"

You know CotH has that too right? It's no different. You'll always have people who only ever ERP or people who play Dragons or Kings and Queens or even Half Elf Demon Hunter Dragon babies. You know what makes it so there is no difference between retail and CotH in this? Interaction. You choose who you interact with and who you don't.

You can use the idea that if you don't like someone on CotH you don't have to RP with them. But that's the problem with such a small community. When you have one person who dislikes you, they tend to get their friends to feel the same way. What if that's 4-5 people? How do you avoid that many people in such a small community? You're constricted to the people around you, and if you don't like someone you just have to deal with it or move on.

I suggest people try out the limited access version of WoW. Play it with your friends. See who has a full account and have them show you around. If you have an old account ask someone to send you a scroll of resurrection. You might like it. And yes you have to pay for the full version. But so what? I mean who here does anything on CotH but RP? And you don't need a full account to do that.

I'm not saying CotH is dead and people should go somewhere else. I'm saying that people should take a step back, maybe try out retail for a while. It can be refreshing and cool a lot of heads.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
Aadora Wrote:My suggestion? People should try retail. There's plenty of good RP to be had.

While I'm not trying to be rude or brash, this really isn't the time to come and say this.

Aadora Wrote:There is so much inconsistency in this thread it's amazing.
This thread has been, for the last 3 pages, basically consistent to the topic of problems, to which we're discussing. While I can understand you wanting to give us an opinion to 'cool our heads',

why would we be conversing on a thread designed to help us figure out our problems (inactivity) if we would just as easily throw our hands up and go to retail?
Because, uhhh....we wouldn't. That's the point of this thread. I, for one, wouldn't be caught dead RPing on retail. I'd choose this community, even at its' worst of populace-times, compared to retail. This may simply be my opinion, but it's not the same.

Anyways. Back to the topic of problems and solutions.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
I feel like you didn't really read all of what I said. I said retail can be a way to step back and cool your head. Try other things. Look at other communities. You can use it or even other places to see how people behave. Pick out the differences between a strong, friendly, and active community and the CotH community. Figure out what they are doing and what CotH is doing and see if that helps bring to light what's wrong.

I did not say to abandon CotH and give up on this discussion.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
[Image: 1233018425876.gif]
Yeah that's pretty much what this feels like buddy.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Grakor Wrote:There's a difference between posting a silly image that makes light of a heated situation, and a silly image that essentially says "This drama is hilarious and I'm laughing it up at you all right now!"

Any kind of "popcorn.gif" kind of image really doesn't belong in drama threads, they just aggravate them further.

We're asking that people not post any reaction gifs/images, from the quote above. It tends to lead to some sour responses. Trying to inject some humor is all good and fine, but we've recieved some complaints and would like to keep things from escalating inadvertently.
That's not what they're implying. They're implying that no one is listening to anyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Edit: And frankly, since the above is true, images have never before spoken so much louder than words.
Wouldn't have led to any responses if you'd left it alone. The thread slayer has spoken!
(11-11-2013, 06:41 PM)Nikodemos Wrote: Wouldn't have led to any responses if you'd left it alone. The thread slayer has spoken!

Complaints were recieved, and I decided to ask publically that posts of that nature stop rather than PMing individuals. That way the request is visible for anyone else who may have wanted to do so.

Quote: That's not what they're implying. They're implying that no one is listening to anyone else.

I actually didn't try to interpret what the images were implying. I'm just asking that they be substituted for words if someone has a message to put forth. The quote was included since it was from a previous point where we had similar issues.
(11-09-2013, 03:47 PM)Xigo Wrote: People gotta chill.

'sides, a picture speaks a thousands words after all.
[Image: POT+CALLING+THE+KETTLE+BLACK.gif]