The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Increasing the gold rate.
I would like to humbly request an increase to the gold rate.

I have a feeling the answer will be a no, but I still want to take a shot. Here's my reasons why:

1) I know that we should be focusing on roleplaying, and of course we do, but sometimes we need some abilities, gear, weapons, which add to the fun of roleplaying.

2) If your roleplaying buddies are offline, or people are in a roleplay you're not interested in, sometimes people find temporary interest in leveling. Although that's quite hard to do when you lack the money to be able to do it.

3) It's not like it's going to cause havoc. For all I know, there could be some people on the server who really want to get to level 50, instead of roleplaying just yet, so they can get their preferred gear etc. So increasing the gold rate could speed up that process.

I know that we SHOULD be focusing on roleplaying and whatnot but having that extra bit of cash for some treats would be really handy, and appreciated by all the players I believe. I know that grinding is a terrible, and boring process but hopefully with the money rate increased, it'll be faster.

And I'm not asking for 50 gold from a level 2 human. Maybe just 7 or 10 silver from a level 2 kobold, something along those numbers.

I honestly can't see any consequences of this happening, and I've been thinking for a couple of days now. If there are any, please, throw them right at me. 'Cause I got nothin'.

~Hawk
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
It would be a nice feeling to actually have gear that isn't level 7 when you are 23, have enough money to buy the abilities that we need to fight the monsters of the world, and well yeah, not be piss poor after doing the above two.

Uhh, yeah, I agree.
I third that, we always end up short on gold and I find that a lot of times I'm actually using my money for roleplay purposes (trading items ICly with merchants and such.) It would be rather nice to have a bit more money laying around to do that with.
[Image: Signature.png]
I fourth that. I hate using level ten equipment and im level thirty, and my abilities are farther behind then they would be on retail.

(( Unless a level 80 wants to support me? xD ))
I can see increasing the item drop rate for a while. Increasing the drop rate doesn't require elaborate vendors that'll get wiped by the ever-changing wotlk database, and can help support/satiate folks while giving us some decent RP doodads.

In the meantime, if there are any tailors or blacksmiths that need mats, please send an ingame mail to Oleander with what you need. Nothing longwinded, but like "1 stack of silk" or something.

Just make sure you put that stuff on the AH so we can all stop looking ugly in the meantime.
˜★Sketch Blog
I fifth that, I only made my first character here yesterday, he's level 16, he has level 5 armor and no money whatsoever after not being able to buy any skills past level 12.
I thought it might be that I was simply bad at making money. My spellbook is often lacking spells several levels below me as I pay for a couple, and then I'm out of cash. Between tailoring, enchanting and spell upgrades, I'm pretty broke.

Don't even mention my equipment.

A little balance might be appropriate to try and make it so that our levels and equipment align themselves a little better.
Lyre Sil'Induin - Soul Seamstress
Rest assured that once the database gets to a point where we can afford to hit a 'freeze' regarding updates (from the NCDB team), I'll once again cut the costs of spell/ability training.
In the meantime, I suppose an item rate increase would indeed be more effective, both for resale value to vendors as well as the higher chance of getting RP gear.

I'll see if I can remember to change the rates when I get home from work tonight.
Fantastic!

That would be greatly appreciated. :D
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Thank you for your consideration Kretol.
Lyre Sil'Induin - Soul Seamstress
Aye, thanks a bunch!
[Image: Signature.png]
I approve of this.
Who Loves Orange Soda?
Well, finally.

Can't wait to see it happen.
Got my ice skates ready for hell!
˜★Sketch Blog
To clarify, the gold rate on the old server WAS slightly increased. With the update, it has gone back to the standard rate for the official servers. Until the updates stop, increasing the rates right now this very instant would get them reset fairly quickly. So keep yer pants on.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
How can one keep on... what was never there before?
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mounts for forum gold? Sorum 12 2,305 09-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  Forum gold/Purchasable Items Harmonic 18 4,699 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Last Post: ProjectRandom
  Gold- can it be retroactive? Dae 56 8,408 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  Okay suggestion about ooc Gold. Spiralin 5 1,072 07-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Last Post: JackofBlades
  About the IC Money items, such as [Gold Coin]. Thayan 6 1,531 06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Thayan